In need of a little storywritting assistance.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 8:28 pm

Well, I always loved to write creative fantasy stories, but now i want to work on a fairly large project that might take me years to actually complete. (Yes i lack motivation quite often sometimes.)

Well, It may seem like a fairly simple request, a name for a fantasy world. For me though, I want it to be something that sticks, kinda in the vien of Tolkein's Middle earth, or even Ansalon in the Dragonlance series. The Main thing is i need help finding a name that is appropriate for the world, that also sticks.

Yes i am a bit too redundant right now i think...

Well, in what i mean when i say appropriate name, the name Bob wouldnt really fit, neither would the name of a person. Well, any help with this is appreciated, and i will put down my own ideas when i get a chance, so you may want to critique them also.

(Its a fantasy world as in High Fantasy, Epic fantasy. Not as in a scifi world. :P )

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 8:32 pm

I always like Nonsimasix for Sci-fi and Nonsimasia for Fantasy.

jaderabbit
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Aug 2007, 9:01 pm

You want to come with your own name. Trust me.
Just let it come when it's time. You'll be glad you did.

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 11:38 am

Hi, I too love writing stories!

If you're having problems with a name - don't worry, I've got a tip. I too like to make up names for characters in fantasy stories I write sometimes. Some good ones I've come up with are Athe, Narita, Fakipaynka and Juna. Basically, just think of a gibberish world, one that comes up easily in your head at this moment. At the moment for me it's Kaynka, but that's just right NOW. You may not be able to think of a good one that quickly, but if you keep going with that pretty soon I think you're going to have a name that sticks so much, it's superglued to your mind (sorry if you think of that as an expression, but I also like to be funny).

As for the fantasy world, you've probably got a good one already, but if you haven't, then if you contact me then maybe I could help you with that too...

Hope I helped, mightyzebra.