Mankind is just a flea of sorts
An irritation on her back
The sooner we destroy ourselves
The sooner she gets back on track.

We are not the end of Earth.
We'll die before we see her dead
Enjoy your ride within a hearse
We are nothing in this universe.

It's basically about how full of crap humans are, especially those over the top environmentalists who honestly think they're powerful enough to actually destroy a planet. Earth has been through much much worse than humans and it'll be around long after we're all dead. So many different life forms have become extinct throughout the history of earth yet they try and place the responsibility on us. Things live and things die, it's a fact of life, a fact of the universe.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 8:40 pm

Wow... That was awesome!

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 9:14 pm

wow very goood poem though i dont agree with the message persay I do see the impact of this poem.

Good JoB!! !! !! !! !! !! !

Stevopedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2007, 10:01 pm

Environmentalists aren't afraid that humans will actually, physically destroy the earth. They're concerned with the environment, the current state of nature, which we can actually cause grave damage to.

But in the end environmentalism is a futile cause, as are so many others. No system is permanent. That is, with a sufficient amount of time, the current ecosystem will cease to be. The dinosaurs are a shining example of this.

Not that the environment is not worth protecting; it certainly is, because when it dies, humans on Earth will die with it. (I say "on Earth" because if/when it happens, we may have developed sufficient spacefaring technology to colonize other planets, or even other solar systems.)

KindaRetarded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2007, 5:43 pm

Stevopedia wrote:
Environmentalists aren't afraid that humans will actually, physically destroy the earth. They're concerned with the environment, the current state of nature, which we can actually cause grave damage to.

But in the end environmentalism is a futile cause, as are so many others. No system is permanent. That is, with a sufficient amount of time, the current ecosystem will cease to be. The dinosaurs are a shining example of this.

Not that the environment is not worth protecting; it certainly is, because when it dies, humans on Earth will die with it. (I say "on Earth" because if/when it happens, we may have developed sufficient spacefaring technology to colonize other planets, or even other solar systems.)

Thanks for the response.

You say environmentalist are concerned with the current state of nature that we can cause grave damage to. But I dispute that statement. How can we cause grave danger? Pollution? The earth is self cleansing. it has been so for it's entire life. And you also say that if earth dies, humans die with it. But thats also untrue. The only way Earth can truly die is when our Sun begins to die and expands and engulfs the earth. Are you saying humans have power equal to that of the Sun? not likely.

Environmentalists care only about one thing. Themselves. They only care about their "habitat" to make it all nice and neat. They push for ideas such as animal control. and by that I mean birth control for animals. Is that not damaging to the cycle of life on earth itself to disrupt nature in that way? Yet why do they do it? because they don't want THEIR habitat to be marred by the unpleasant "animals" they pretend to care so much about.

What Environmentalist are trying to do is preserve the earth the way they think it should be. And it's stupid, blind and ignorant. In the most basic way, they are trying to stop evolution. Humans have come into being with intelligence and have invented things animals can't. And because our technologies are changing the way earth is, they believe it is wrong. But they're wrong. What are they trying to achieve? are they trying to turn back the clock to a time when all grass was green. when there were no droughts, no famine? Ha! idiots.

Instead of adapting with change, they're trying to force everyone into this futile chase to make Earth as ideal to them as possible. If you listen to what they have to say it's basically all end of days, ticking time bomb scenarios. Not to mention their extreme practices. PETA anyone? They harass individuals who don't agree with their beliefs by attacking them, throwing paint on them. What ever happen to live and let live? and these are the same douche bags trying to enforce "animal control". it's all hypocritical and ultimately selfish and futile. They're no better then religious extremists.