Page 5 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 8:46 pm

Country.

No creativity. Only 2 central themes--infidelity and pickup trucks (not that there's anything wrong with pickup trucks...)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 9:53 pm

Rap, Country and Screamo (or anything similar to it). That's about it. I have a wide musical taste.

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2008, 1:52 am

Rap
Country
Ska
Metal (including thrash, grindcore, etc.) - cookie monster vocals and bass solos suck
Jazz/blues

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 2:17 am

What's a Sytle?

MetalManiaInc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2008, 12:34 pm

Rap (except for the Beastie Boys, there actually cool)
Country (so sappy)
Pop (straight up annoying)
Nu Metal (god I despise metal fused with rap and it's intolerable)
Screamo/Hardcore (not to fond of emos)

Now there are a few genres that even though I'm not to big into, but I still can tolerate and I'm apprecaitve of:
Death Metal (love the death growling vocals, the blast beats from the drums, and the guitars very distorted)
Black Metal (I like the high pitched shrieking vocals, the very heavily distorted guitars, blast beating drums, and lyrics that are tolerable i.e. satanic, anti-religious, war, suicide, misanthropy, etc)
Jazz (I like saxophones, pianos, drums, bass guitar, guitar, etc)
Blues (very tolerable)
Classical (again very tolerable)

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 12:47 pm

MetalManiaInc wrote:
Rap (except for the Beastie Boys, there actually cool)
Country (so sappy)
Pop (straight up annoying)
Nu Metal (god I despise metal fused with rap and it's intolerable)
Screamo/Hardcore (not to fond of emos)

Now there are a few genres that even though I'm not to big into, but I still can tolerate and I'm apprecaitve of:
Death Metal (love the death growling vocals, the blast beats from the drums, and the guitars very distorted)
Black Metal (I like the high pitched shrieking vocals, the very heavily distorted guitars, blast beating drums, and lyrics that are tolerable i.e. satanic, anti-religious, war, suicide, misanthropy, etc)
Jazz (I like saxophones, pianos, drums, bass guitar, guitar, etc)
Blues (very tolerable)
Classical (again very tolerable)

Hey what about grunge? :evil:
Does anyone else despise it too? I cant Believe for the life of me that grunge was considered macho music by some clueless losers. AFAIC grunger was,is, and will always be nothing but Cheap,Phoney authenticity sold to the masses.I used to LUV Death Metal and Thrash Metal back in the early 90s(Panter, Deicide, Metallica, Slayer, etc.) but I grew out of it. I still Love 80s speedmetal; like Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osborne, Queensryche, and Dio.

MetalManiaInc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2008, 1:30 pm

Woah Woah Woah!! ! Take it easy D1nk0, you don't need to freak out on me, I totally forgot to say that I find grunge to be tolerable, but the only 2 bands I like are Nirvana and Alice in Chains, those 2 bands from Seattle. The reason being is because Kurt Cobain was a great guitar player and one of my favs, and unfortunately he killed himself via a self inflicted shotgun wound. But yet private investigator Tom Grant has called it a homicide :evil:, I mean c'mon why the f**k would a private investigator call it a homicide if there was a goddamn suicide note found :evil: ! !! Yet if it was a homicide, the murderer would've prolly gained entry and prolly would've left crucial key evidence (i.e. bloody footprint(s), fingerprints, murder weapon, etc) and would not have written a suicide note, and the door would've been left unlocked. Plus Alice in Chains are a cool band because Layne Staley (R.I.P.) was a great singer, who unfortunately died and Jerry Cantrell happens to be one of my fav guitarists. So I do apologize if I missed a music genre, we all do that when we're discussing music genres we dislike , and plus I'm sorry if you were offended when I used strong language in criticizing a private investigator's stupid assumption. Also again, i'm sorry if I accidentally pissed you off in missing a genre that's tolerable/intolerable, I really didn't mean to make you mad.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 1:58 pm

Metal or Heavy Metal (both)
anything that got loud ass crazy guitar ripping noises
Country music

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 3:10 pm

MetalManiaInc wrote:
Woah Woah Woah!! ! Take it easy D1nk0, you don't need to freak out on me, I totally forgot to say that I find grunge to be tolerable, but the only 2 bands I like are Nirvana and Alice in Chains, those 2 bands from Seattle. The reason being is because Kurt Cobain was a great guitar player and one of my favs, and unfortunately he killed himself via a self inflicted shotgun wound. But yet private investigator Tom Grant has called it a homicide :evil:, I mean c'mon why the f**k would a private investigator call it a homicide if there was a goddamn suicide note found :evil: ! !! Yet if it was a homicide, the murderer would've prolly gained entry and prolly would've left crucial key evidence (i.e. bloody footprint(s), fingerprints, murder weapon, etc) and would not have written a suicide note, and the door would've been left unlocked. Plus Alice in Chains are a cool band because Layne Staley (R.I.P.) was a great singer, who unfortunately died and Jerry Cantrell happens to be one of my fav guitarists. So I do apologize if I missed a music genre, we all do that when we're discussing music genres we dislike , and plus I'm sorry if you were offended when I used strong language in criticizing a private investigator's stupid assumption. Also again, i'm sorry if I accidentally pissed you off in missing a genre that's tolerable/intolerable, I really didn't mean to make you mad.

I saw alice in chains in concert last september they got a new singer
They were Awesome!

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 6:10 pm

RainKing wrote:
I also dislike modern country music. It obviously tries to sound like country.

JohnHopkins wrote:
Hardcore and metal are different things. Hardcore that sounds like metal is metalcore. Metal that's fast like hardcore is thrash.

Metalcore is what we're talking about of course. It's structured like hardcore, except the guitars are distorted like metal. That basically makes it belong to both categories, so hardcore metal would be just as appropiate a term. Thrash doesn't share much with hardcore, it was influenced by earlier punk rock.

Yeah but outside of that metal and hardcore are separate, so 'hardcore metal' is a bit of a misnomer to most people, certainly the other music journalists I know aside from me.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2008, 8:58 pm

MetalManiaInc wrote:
Nirvana and Alice in Chains, those 2 bands from Seattle.

What about Melvins? Melvins is very tolerable.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 9:58 pm

old Chicago House....

Daesmodalus
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2008, 2:20 pm

Good ol' rap.

ret*d Artist's Poetry that is.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:34 pm

Daesmodalus wrote:
Good ol' rap.

ret*d Artist's Poetry that is.

BRAIN

ASPLODE

-Vorzac-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2008, 3:01 pm

Rap and Ska

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 3:35 pm

I'm sure I could find exceptions anywhere but:

Country
Happy Hardcore (Gabber as well for that matter)
Dubstep (trying to rework jungle into downtempo prosaic on-meter breaks, sounds like me toying around back in middleschool)
Emo
Dance cheese (like Eiffel 65)
A lot of 80's pop
much of top 40
much of Nu Metal
Soft alternative - never got it.