Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Would you be intereted in reading about the New Zero universe?
Yes. 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Maybe. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No opinion. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 5:24 am

So, I'm considering making a thread, or more likely an off-site blog, about the universe of the sci-fi TV series I'm conceptualizing, called New Zero.

New Zero, as I've mentioned in a few other of my posts about it, is a conceptual science fiction show I'm working on, set in a different solar system in the early 3000's. The main story centers around a small crew of specialized bounty hunters/mercenaries who, by chance, come into possession of artifacts from a previous solar system-wide civil war, and are subsequently targeted by the ruling government for fear of inciting a second uprising. The show would follow them as they work to make a living while trying to stay under the government's radar.

What I'm wondering is how many people here at WP would be at all interested in reading about it (the universe, and maybe the occasional short story). I have all this info in my head, so doing this purely for myself isn't necessary for me, although it might help me to organize my thoughts somewhat (but that's why I have the series bible). I like sharing my work with other people, and I like the idea that I can entertain people with my creations, so that's why I'm asking.

The blog would cover all aspects of the universe, from history to locations, factions, technology, mythology, and characters.

So, what do you think; would you be interested?

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 12:55 am

from what you said it sounds a lot like Firefly

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 1:53 am

Titangeek wrote:

Yes, I've had quite a few people tell me that, and it is in fact partially inspired by it.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 2:24 am

Zokk wrote:
Titangeek wrote:

Yes, I've had quite a few people tell me that, and it is in fact partially inspired by it.

Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
- Fred Allen

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 2:28 am

Titangeek wrote:

Should I interpret that as an over-used quote, an underhanded compliment, a subtle condemnation, or something else entirely?

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 2:30 am

Zokk wrote:
Titangeek wrote:

Should I interpret that as an over-used quote, an underhanded compliment, a subtle condemnation, or something else entirely?

something else entirely :lol: when i read your post that quote was the first thing that came to mind.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 2:45 am

Titangeek wrote:
something else entirely :lol: when i read your post that quote was the first thing that came to mind.

Ah, OK. :)