Page 2 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Wurzel
Raven
Raven

01 Oct 2008, 10:24 pm

Tony Martin, Giuntini, The Cage, Rondinelli, Empire, Rolf Munkes, Misha Calvin, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Motorhead

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2008, 1:56 pm

Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
R.E.M.

Ah_Q
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 4:48 pm

Arcade Fire, the Chameleons, David Bowie, the Floor, Joy Division/New Order, the Stooges/Iggy Pop, U2, the Sound, REM, Pulp, the Smiths, Interpol, the Comsat Angels, the Sex Pistols, a Flock of Seagulls, Kitchens of Distinction, Killing Joke, Kraftwerk, Cybotron, Giorgio Moroder, the Talking Heads, Gary Numan, Editors, Billy Idol, the Police, the Jam/Style Council, MC5, the Clash, the Cure...

I can go on and on but these are some of the bands that get listened to consistently more than others in my CD player, car, etc.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 5:23 pm

Uruk-Hai, Kataxu, Old Man's Child, Emperor, Behemoth, Necromicon, Limbonic Art, Typhus, Darkthrone, Immortal, Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, Severe Torture, Nokturnal Mortum, Thunderkraft, North, Astrofaes, Grief Of Emerald and many others I highly respect.

Last edited by Chaotica on 04 Oct 2008, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 5:40 pm

Dragonforce
Sonata Arctica
Firewind
Turisas
Powerglove
Rammstein
Megaherz
Serj Tankian (solo artist)

Dragonforce on top of the list, of course.

steveos87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2008, 5:54 pm

I like to listen to news theme packages, themes that is played on your local newscast. I am listening to one now.

Quick Favorites:
Frank Gari
Edd Kalehoff (especially the Nightly Business Report and WCBS - Grand theme packs)
615 Music (they also bought out the Shelly Palmer themes a couple years ago, another favorite)

Also like listening to the music on The Weather Channel's local forecast. Especially when the playlist screws up and plays Trammell Starks music. :D

Then regular bands: like Fleetwood Mac, 10,000 Maniacs, Sarah McLachlan,
Suzanne Vega and Kelly Clarkson to name a few...

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2008, 10:37 pm

I'm a fan of two genres primarily, thrash metal and power metal. However I only like thrash metal that has a large speed metal/progressive metal influence, like early Metallica or Megadeth (who has still kept their thrash edge).

As for power metal, I only like power metal with progressive influences, like bands like Angra, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody of Fire, some Dragonforce, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Galneryus, and a Wintersun. I do listen to some hard rock too, like Disturbed. So in total :

Megadeth
Metallica
Angra
Disturbed
Sonata Arctica
Symphony X (some)
Galneryus
Wintersun
Creed
Seether
System of a Down

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2008, 12:46 pm

my favorite bands can only be summed up by 3 real good ones

Take That - a band i've been a fan of for 16 yrs. and never saw them live 'cos they're huge in Europe. :evil:
www.takethat.com

Queen - also 16 yrs. ago, thanks to 'Wayne's World' that i became a fan of theirs and saw them live w/ Paul Rodgers.
www.queenonline.com

The Strokes - this guys made me realize to stay true to myself and not take anymore s**t from the likes of Spear Britney or NSuck! plus, The Strokes rock live!
www.thestrokes.com

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 2:33 pm

Linkin Park, Green Day and Coldplay

Feindflug
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Dec 2008, 2:18 pm

Tokio Hotel :hail: I listen to a lot of bands, but TH are my favorites.

jackydoll123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2008, 3:24 am

Kasabian, Oasis, Blur, Wolfmother, Lily Allen, Modest Mouse, Kings of Leon, The Beatles, Kaiser Cheifs, Franz Ferdinand, 30 Seconds to Mars, MCR, AFI, Hot Chip, Amy Winehouse, OK-Go, Weezer, Bloc Party, Muse, The Subways, Rolling Stones, Queen, Coldplay, Eskimo Joe, Operator Please, FOB (before they were sell outs), John Butler Trio, Bad Influence, The Cure, The White Stripes, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Killers, Tenenacious D, Nirvana, The Foo Fighters, Starsky, the B-52s, Stereophonics, Pulp, The Vines, Good Charlotte, Billy Talent, Junior Senior, U2 , Queens of the Stone Age, the Ramones, David Bowie, Beastie Boys, Blondie, Feist, Kate Bush, Klaxons, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, The Gossip, Gyroscope (the drummer looks like my ex), Enter Shikari, Beastie Boys, MGMT, Calvin Harris, The Rapture, The Getaway Plan, At the Drive-In, Mars Volta, Eagles of Death Metal, Placebo, The Verve, Kate Nash, Dukes of Windsor, The Used, The Ting Tings, Panic at the Disco, Dead Kennedys, Little Red, Arctic Monkeys, The Sabouters, Does it Offend You Yeah?, Regurgitator, The Academy Is..., Gym Class Heroes, Paramore, The Living End, REM, Pixies, Kanye West, Alphabeat, Jane's Addiction, Supergrass, Jeff Buckley, Ladyhawke, Van She, New Order, Pnau, The Wombats, Mystery Jets, Hard-Fi, Cut Copy, The Presets, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Neon, Talking Heads, Hadouken!, Datarock, The Kinks, Sonic Youth, Cypress Hill, Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, MIA, Maximo Park, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Green Day, Foxboro Hot-tubs, The Last of the Shadow Puppets, Vampire Weekend, The Basics, Joy Division, The Stone Roses, The Monkees, Blink 182, Portishead, The Kooks, Goldfrapp, Tilly and the Wall, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, End of Fashion, The Sleepy Jackson, Ween, Belle and Sebastian, The Stranglers, The Drones, Something With Numbers, The Horrors, N*E*R*D, Yellowcard, The Grates

I'm from Australia so you may know some of these bands

wrongplanetmember
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Dec 2008, 5:01 am

Too many to mention... but dearest to me is contemporary Australian rock / metal:

Silverchair
Butterfly Effect
Cog
Karnivool
Sunk Loto
SEVEN

Having said that... I love the classics that have been mentioned.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 5:38 am

steveos87 wrote:
I like to listen to news theme packages, themes that is played on your local newscast. I am listening to one now.

Quick Favorites:
Frank Gari
Edd Kalehoff (especially the Nightly Business Report and WCBS - Grand theme packs)
615 Music (they also bought out the Shelly Palmer themes a couple years ago, another favorite)

Also like listening to the music on The Weather Channel's local forecast. Especially when the playlist screws up and plays Trammell Starks music. :D

Then regular bands: like Fleetwood Mac, 10,000 Maniacs, Sarah McLachlan,
Suzanne Vega and Kelly Clarkson to name a few...

Edd Kalehoff also did a lot of game show music in the 80s and 90s. A wonderful man he is.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

BlackjackGabbiani
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2008, 7:29 am

Oingo Boingo is my favorite band ever. I was lucky enough to see them in concert just a year before they broke up.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 9:15 am

Neutral Milk Hotel (I worship them)
Page France
Explosions In The Sky
Cloud Cult
Oh No! Oh My!
Iron Maiden
Rise Against
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Fruit Bats

It's hard for me to make a list without listing EVERYTHING. D=

rabbit90
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Dec 2008, 7:24 am

I could never get sick of hearing

Modest Mouse
Sayer
The Vines
Whitest Boy Alive

These would have to be my most favourite, but I change with other bands depending on my mood.