Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 4:27 pm

OK so what do you think of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles series?

I'm only a little over halfway through Interview with The Vampire, but I'm already in love with Rice's style, and the characters of Lestat and Louis (and to a lesser degree, Claudia). I hear Lestat's character gets an overhaul for the sequels, in which he becomes a more sympathetic character. I already like him as he is, but I'm sure I'll just adore him once I start The Vampire Lestat. :D

I'm a little saddened by the whole dysfunctional dynamic between Lestat, Louis and Claudia. In my honest opinion, I liked it best when Claudia was first turned into a vampire and they functioned as a "family", for what it was worth. But the longer they stayed together, the more a rift of resentment and hatred formed between them, and it became Claudia and Louis vs. Lestat. But then again, I have to admit that it made for really gripping storytelling; the story might have otherise gotten a little boring if they had continued living as a " happy family". :)

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 5:27 pm

wait till you get to the books about Marius and Armand- hot stuff!

my fave of her books is the 'servant of the bones' its very disturbing and images of it constantly haunt me.

I did not like her Mayfair witches books so much as I found them too sick, esp the stuff about the feotus.

I love her books and find it very comforting to re read them, the Vampires rock! :D

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 7:55 pm

Too wordy...

-Pythagoras

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 2:22 am

lotusblossom wrote:

my fave of her books is the 'servant of the bones' its very disturbing and images of it constantly haunt me.

I did not like her Mayfair witches books so much as I found them too sick, esp the stuff about the feotus.

I love her books and find it very comforting to re read them, the Vampires rock! :D

I'm already a bit hot under the collar reading about Lestat and Louis... Now I look forward to reading about Marius and Armand. The steamier the vampire stuff, the better! :oops:

I don't think I will read Servant of the Bones and I definitely won't read Mayfair Witches - I'm already uncomfortable with some of the stuff that goes on in the Vampire Chronicles as it is. Not that I'm being close-minded or anything; I just don't want to have nightmares. :)

Yes, I agree that the books are really comforting. The vampires really do rock my socks off too! :D

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 6:15 am

yes I dont like nightmares either.

Ive recently got into reading the 'black lace paranormal' erotic fiction books, they are great! They have nice sexy stories involving vampires :D :D
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bites-Kristina- ... 23&sr=8-44

Definately read the Anne Rice's The Vampire Armand and Pandora :D

lithium73
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2010, 8:22 am

Memnoch the devil was one of the best books i have ever read.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 3:53 pm

lotusblossom wrote:

Ive recently got into reading the 'black lace paranormal' erotic fiction books, they are great! They have nice sexy stories involving vampires :D :D

Oh yeah, definitely gonna put that one on my wishlist. However, I'm a bit disappointed that the Black Lace Paranormal vampire book doesn't have any... y'know... guy-on-guy stories in it. When it comes to vampire stories, those are my favorite kind. :oops:

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 5:09 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
lotusblossom wrote:

Oh yeah, definitely gonna put that one on my wishlist. However, I'm a bit disappointed that the Black Lace Paranormal vampire book doesn't have any... y'know... guy-on-guy stories in it. When it comes to vampire stories, those are my favorite kind. :oops:

Definately get the Armand one then :wink:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 12:43 am

lotusblossom wrote:
Definately get the Armand one then :wink:

Will do! :D

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 11:12 am

lotusblossom wrote:

Amen to that, babe!! ! :wink: I absolutely LOVE Ricean vampires, especially Lestat (who doesn´t? :twisted:) and Marius, and to some degree, Armand. But this little red head is an exemplary twisted b***h. Literally and figuratively :D

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 3:36 pm

What 'little red-head?

I thought that Claudia had golden blonde curls.....

Sylkat :?:

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 4:41 pm

Sylkat wrote:
What 'little red-head?

I thought that Claudia had golden blonde curls.....

Sylkat :?:

No, I meant ARMAND, not Claudia (she would be even shorter, she is a six year-old kid, remember?). Armand is 15 and approximately 1m 60 cm tall, so I was reffering to him as to "the li´l red head".

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 10:51 am

I love the series and I will always love it. One naturally sympathizes most with Lestat, but Marius´s story is the most moving one. When I don´t count Armand´s.