Kesha's "Your Love Is My Drug"
Miranda Cosgrove's "Kissin' U"
Katy Perry's "California Gurls"
Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream"

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 12:14 pm

Why would I hate someone I don't even know?

Interesting poll. :P

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Sep 2010, 9:42 am

The poll ask if I hate Dr Luke & all 4 options imply that I do. This poll is rigged. I don't know who he is but I like all those songs. Dr Luke RULES!! ! I'm listening to Miranda Cosgrove rite now. Kissin U had just finished playing when I read this poll

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

drgreen19
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2010, 4:58 pm

Some of the songs he peoduced are okay.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 10:46 am

He needs to get another job, those songs are absolutely crap. But hey, at least he isn't Justin Beiber.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

You know who I hate way more than Dr. Luke? Dr. Steel.

"Behind These Hazel Eyes" is one of Kelly Clarkson's better songs in my opinion, though I still think "A Moment like This" was her best.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 2:07 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
He needs to get another job, those songs are absolutely crap. But hey, at least he isn't Justin Beiber.

I'm guessing your not a fan of pop music. Those songs wer big hits so Dr. Luke must be successful. I have all those artist CDs on here. I never really listened to Justin Beiber thou.

IdahoRose wrote:
You know who I hate way more than Dr. Luke? Dr. Steel.

Who's Dr. Steel :?:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 2:26 pm

I hate all pop writers. They're a testament to just how boring sober people are why drugs are needed for musicians, not the cokehead music executives.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 6:21 pm

nick, I laughed at your first reply. Now I'm just scared. :huh:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 8:25 pm

menintights wrote:
nick, I laughed at your first reply. Now I'm just scared. :huh:

I'm not sure if you've seen a lot of my other post here but I like a wide variety of music but my special interest is pop & comedy music(I'm very immature OK :o )

skafather84 wrote:
I hate all pop writers. They're a testament to just how boring sober people are why drugs are needed for musicians, not the cokehead music executives.

A lot pop singers are on drugs. Katy Perry sang about how she married a guy in Vegas when she was drunk. Miley Cyrus was on Lenno talking about how soap taste; she's on soap if she's not on drugs. & Ke$ha sang about being in love with drugs. I hope I didn't scare menintights to much here :roll:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 12:09 pm

nick007 wrote:
I'm guessing your not a fan of pop music. Those songs wer big hits so Dr. Luke must be successful. I have all those artist CDs on here. I never really listened to Justin Beiber thou.

I never said he wasen't popular, I said his music is crap. McDonalds is popular, don't mean their food is healthy.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 12:48 pm

nick007 wrote:
A lot pop singers are on drugs. Katy Perry sang about how she married a guy in Vegas when she was drunk. Miley Cyrus was on Lenno talking about how soap taste; she's on soap if she's not on drugs. & Ke$ha sang about being in love with drugs. I hope I didn't scare menintights to much here :roll:

The people who write the songs. Not the puppets who just go out and knock out a performance.

Soap? Want to explain that one?

Also, drunk isn't on drugs. Let me know when one of them is talking about dropping acid or the last time they did X.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 1:40 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I never said he wasen't popular, I said his music is crap. McDonalds is popular, don't mean their food is healthy.

Cr@p is your opinion. It's popular because lots of people don't think it's cr@p. Lots of people hate pop to thou & I respect that. Most of those artist are horrible role-models & a lot of those songs are remakes & not very creative.
BTW Dr Luke may not of been that involved with the Miranda Cosgrove song "Kissin U". Kissin U is a different style compared to the other songs in this list. It's slower & not as upbeat. It's about a guy Miranda has/had a crush on. I'm guessing Miranda may of been more involved with writing that song than the other artist wer. I think it's cute :oops: :) :wink:

skafather84 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

The people who write the songs. Not the puppets who just go out and knock out a performance.

Soap? Want to explain that one?

Also, drunk isn't on drugs. Let me know when one of them is talking about dropping acid or the last time they did X.

I think I know what you meant now about the writers.

Miley was talking about how she had awful soup at some restaurant I think with Taylor Swift & it tasted like soap. Then she started talking about what soap taste like. She also had this weird look in her eyes to but she mite of been attracted to the other guest; I'm not sure. Either way that girl ain't rite & drugs could explain some of it.

I know drinking is not the same as drugs but they are kind of similar. They both substances that cause adverse affects on people mentally & lots of people do drink while doing drugs & drugs use is quite common in Vegas. Songs may not be talking about dropping acid but lots of pop songs & vids seem to be about drug use even thou they don't state it explicitly

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 2:07 pm

Still no clue about the Miley Cyrus thing, got a link?

Anyways, as far as drugs and effects go, drinking isn't in the same realm. Not saying better or worse, but saying that it's like comparing an apple and an orange because they're both food that are kinda tart.

And there probably are some songs about drugs and there most likely are writers who are doing drugs. Problem is that they're garbage drugs like cocaine that don't do anything for creativity.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 2:49 pm

nick007 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Cr@p is your opinion. It's popular because lots of people don't think it's cr@p. Lots of people hate pop to thou & I respect that. Most of those artist are horrible role-models & a lot of those songs are remakes & not very creative.
BTW Dr Luke may not of been that involved with the Miranda Cosgrove song "Kissin U". Kissin U is a different style compared to the other songs in this list. It's slower & not as upbeat. It's about a guy Miranda has/had a crush on. I'm guessing Miranda may of been more involved with writing that song than the other artist wer. I think it's cute :

People also like McDonalds, but again, that does not make it good food.

Any artist who does not even write their own songs is a bad role model, since people who have singers as role models want to be singers themselves. Though, of course, a better reason not to have any celebrity as a role model is due to all the s**t try get up to which you read in the tabloids and magazines every day.