Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 11:08 am

I've got one that I haven't written down.

I'm thinking about posting it here for anyone who wants it.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 10:58 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

What is it about?

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 1:14 pm

Wow Ana54, what a long list!

I translated to english a play I wrote, unfortunatelly a very bad translation as I don't know english :-(

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 1:44 pm

I've lost count. On my computer I have poems, songs (well they're existing songs but I changed the lyrics to fit me), stories only one/two of them are finished and I've got loads of attempts at a story before I start losing interest, I've also got my own dream journal going on aswell, and I wrote a few diary entries.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 11:41 pm

just-me wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

What is it about?

Thank you for asking ! !! !

Set in the 1930"s in the USA a Halloween party of intellectuals (in Rhode Island) happens to include HP Lovecraft, someone comments to him that this must seem rather juvenile, what with the stories he has written. HPL then tells one of his stories such as "Shadow over Innsmouth" where the narrative shifts back and forth between the story and the party. At the end the people in the party are stunned by the horror of the narrative, and it ends with HPL coughing up some blood and excusing himself from the party which is still in thrall to his narrative.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 3:42 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
just-me wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

What is it about?

Thank you for asking ! !! !

Set in the 1930"s in the USA a Halloween party of intellectuals (in Rhode Island) happens to include HP Lovecraft, someone comments to him that this must seem rather juvenile, what with the stories he has written. HPL then tells one of his stories such as "Shadow over Innsmouth" where the narrative shifts back and forth between the story and the party. At the end the people in the party are stunned by the horror of the narrative, and it ends with HPL coughing up some blood and excusing himself from the party which is still in thrall to his narrative.

sounds nifty. I would read it.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 5:36 pm

I am a Lovecraft's fan too.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2009, 11:38 am

I envisioned it as a stage play, so that there could be a representation of HPL for people. I don't think he's ever been portrayed (with the exception of that episode of "Night Gallery").

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 12:02 pm

Now I'm grappling with a character in a story I'm presently jotting down notes for.
It's an odd experience where a character suddenly seems worthy of multiple episodes and is interesting enough to base several stories around.
I'm pleased at the idea, and surprised at this suddenly popping up.

littlegreenleaf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jul 2009, 10:20 pm

I wrote some super-short short stories when I was little, most of them were assignments but I was proud of them at the time. I think the first one was something I wrote for my aunt about a cat named Cat who had six kittycats. =P I included an illustration. Then in third grade we had to write two stories. One was a sort of mythological explanation for how the stars became stars...I barely remember what my story was =/ and the other was about a leprauchan and a misplaced shoe and for some reason that I can't remember, it was a huge deal...I wish I could find them, I'd probably get a laugh out of it now.

Then in fourth grade we had to submit poems for this little kids anthology book thing, and I got so upset because my parents didn't approve of my poem. They said that 'embers' wasn't a word and they thought that it was silly to write about winter or something. So my dad basically wrote a poem about gymnastics, which I wasn't even that dedicated to, and that one got published but I hated it. And I got an essay published in a similar little kids anthology thing too...it was about my cousin.

Some of my poems got published in my high school's literary magazine, I'd say mainly because my teacher was in charge of it...they were about two sisters, mona lisa, and my broken family...and I tried to write some more short stories and poems for prize money but didn't have any luck there...I also attempted to write a novel and didn't get very far.

I think this is the most writing that I've done in a year...I got published in the school paper which was nice, and just write a lot of things for myself and sometimes show them to my friends who like to read and write. And I wrote a 10-minute play for class about a boy who finds out that he's adopted in a very silly way. It was fun, because we staged bits of everyone's plays.

I told myself that I'd write alot more, especially since I'm on vacation right now. I have some ideas floating around, but I'm slacking and will probably forget about them.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2009, 10:55 am

I written a lot of different types of things over the years. I did NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) every year for the last four years, though I only one three of those years. I haven't tried to publish any of my novels I wrote for that though, and haven't really even edited them after the month was over. I don't really have enough motivation to write an entire novel outside of NaNoWriMo though.

I also wrote a screen play for Script Frenzy the first year they had that, though I didn't do that again since I like writing prose more than screen plays.

Right now I have some short stories posted on a blog I started at seasandsuns.blogspot.com. I also have other types of writings, like non-fiction articles and poetry on Triond.

I have a bunch of other stuff I've written, but haven't actually posted anywhere, such as stories, poetry, songs, etc.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 11:45 pm

Does anyone else suffer from delusions of grandeur ??

I/m writing this story, and I am SO impressed with myself ! !!

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 11:46 pm

"Alice in Autie Land"

The Cheshire Cat: :Over that way lies the Hatter, he's Autistic you know."
Alice" Oh my, I don't want to go among Autistic people"
The Cheshire Cat "Oh you can't help that ! ! We're all Autistic here!! I'm Autistic, you're Autistic ! !"
Alice protested, "I AM NOT Autistic ! !"
The cat replied matter of factly, "You must be, or you wouldn't have come here ......"

mistercheech
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2009, 1:34 am

starbase
astronauts go to mars, go back in time to when the planet was populated, fight in a war

hell's gates
my math teacher discovers he is the son of satan, finds himself in a war between good and evil

hell's satans
me and my friends start an organisation dedicated to defeating the evil "thrush" who are evil

day of the triffids
charlie sheen and i do drugs and f**k everybody we meet and eventually discover our love for each other

day and night/winter descends
two very short stories, partners in crime, one about a crystal meth addict, another about a guy with bipolar. only one of them commits suicide, guess which one.

obama-rama (as yet unwritten - dream project)
obama is a drug addict but keeps it secret from the general public

mistercheech
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2009, 1:35 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

how can you write any other way? i can't write a thing if i'm not convinced it's the greatest thing ever.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 3:38 am

mistercheech wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

how can you write any other way? i can't write a thing if i'm not convinced it's the greatest thing ever.

I agree with this .