Im a aspie who never even had a girlfriend and im 17

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 9:03 pm

Ichinin wrote:
I have a 36 year old neurotypical friend (He scored 15 on the AQ test, which is within the normal frequency) who has never had a girlfriend (only girl-friends). Believe me, having ASD and being alone is not exclusively related subjects.

I didn't get a GF until i was 23. Some cant just find someone until much later, some never find someone, but they are few.

The time it takes to find/get a GF depends on what you want; Do you want A girlfriend or THE girlfriend?

THE girlfriend.

And I'm 27, and I've never had one. Nearly 28, actually. It becomes a bit more of a pressing concern when you get to this age. Because girls at my age are starting to get married. I don't have much time left.

I'm not interested in casual flings or anything. I'm looking for something real and long-lasting.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 9:36 pm

When I was 17 I have never had a boyfriend either while other kids had. I didn't get my first one till I was 20.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 10:43 pm

17 is nothing. In past years and in other countries, it'd be perfectly normal. You haven't even gone to university yet...

foreveryoung
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jul 2010, 10:58 pm

OP probably sees the so-called popular guys in school with girlfriends. If i knew back then what I know right now, I would have focused more on school work and self-improvement instead of worrying what other people are or aren't doing.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 8:45 pm

i've never had a gf either. :(

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 8:49 pm

I've had 3 my entire life. well like 2 1/2. lol

My first gf was when I was 18, we dated for 2 months, only kissed twice. Second was when I was almost 19 (she was a year older) we dated for 2 1/2 months, lived together. Third was for 6 months, I wanted to marry her but she dumped me.

Needless to say it might seem like you'll never get a girlfriend but you still got time. The worst part is being in love with someone and then they break up with you, because if you don't have a girlfriend you don't know the feeling and then when it's taken away it's worse cuz you know what your missing :(

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2010, 8:56 pm

I was close to 17-18 when I got my first gf... She was the most extreme bi-poler... person I ever know. She would be an angle one minuet (and I do mean one minuet) and a complete b***h the next. I was completely obsessed over her of course. She broke up with me and got back together with me on a weekly (and on some off weeks daily) basis. It tore me apart as she was my first love. Ive had a few more since then... They've been interesting. Just try hard, pray, and hope for luck.

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Oct 2010, 8:58 pm

I didn't have a girlfriend until my senior year of high school.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

10 Oct 2010, 1:13 am

OP, I've had a few girlfriends before, but the furthest I ever got with them was first base.

Now I'm 24 and haven't dated anyone in seven years. I feel like I'm about ready to explode at this point. I keep seeing too many guys with girls of their own and get pissed off because they keep reminding me of what I don't have.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 2:42 am

[quote="hale_bopp"]17 is not vey old.
Half the people at that age who are NT ave never dated or kissed a girl, and half of the ret are lying about it.

I was 19 before I had a guy kiss me[/quote

Same here, except I initiated it :lol:

Carada
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2010, 2:51 am

Hey. that's a good thing OP! Trust me when I say that it is rare to find someone like you these days. My Asperger's man was 25 when I met him, and he'd never been in a relationship at all, let alone kissed or anything else. I was happy with this because I was able to teach him things that I feel will benefit him even if we don't stay together. You are 17, and there are definitely more important things to focus on for now. Love is drama, especially when that young. Be proud!

Wolverine_girl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2010, 2:57 am

I am 17 and a girl with aspeger and until last year i had never been out with anyone. The guy i went out with had a aspeger and we were together for 10 months. I used to be liek u always wondering about relationships. Now i am single again i am wondering what all the hype about parties is and drinking so if u have any advice for me on that note then a piece of advice for u is to join a club of some sort. i jpined an aspy club that was just for teenagers with aspeger and met so many people with aspeger it was awsome.

Dont worry..i no what you are going through..sort of and if u need anyone to talk to just pm me.

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

10 Oct 2010, 2:54 pm

i am 42, aspie and never had a girlfriend, best friend, or best girlfriend

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 2:56 pm

I'm 25 and I have not had a relationship with the other sex. And I hate myself for that.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2010, 11:36 am

You might aswell know, that my dad's friend has 3 NT sons, and one Aspie son. And the Aspie was the youngest, but he was the first to get married (to a NT girl, and at age 21), and now he's got 2 small children. The oldest now has a girlfriend, the second oldest lives with 2 mates, and the third still lives at home.

And my mum knows a NT who is attractive and confident, and she still can't seem to find the right man, and she's 35. She hasn't had a chance to have children, and now her time is running out because it gets more risky with having babies after the at of 35, because there's chance it could be born with Down's Syndrome or something else wrong.

Just because you have AS and slightly different social skills, doesn't mean that you won't find a relationship with someone. I know lots of people who are shy and don't have many friends, but seem to be happily in a relationship. I'm 20 and I've been asked out by 5 different NT men in 3 years. But I know I'm still not ready - I can't really be arsed with a man yet. I want to wait 'til I settle in a job first.

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Dec 2010, 1:06 pm

I'm 17 and I'm NT and never had a boyfriend.
It's not a big deal.