Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 3:56 pm

So I Have a love for tomboys, and I was wondering if anyone does too?
and ladies, anyone want to give out any tips for dating one? or initiating that?

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 4:15 pm

I'd stop calling them tomboys. I mean, some of them wear the label like a badge of honor, but we're not "one of the boys". We're still women. It's just that women can do all the same things men can do and can enjoy all the same things men can enjoy. We like getting dirty, playing and watching sports, swearing like a sailor and healthy competition. We may or may not spend time on our appearance, we may or may not be sexually aggressive. Pay attention to learn what specific things we like. One guy got his wife an engagement sphere (not a ring) that was part of a meteorite. Her wedding ring had another piece of the meteorite. Another guy showed up at his girlfriend's house with tulips and a steak after she received an average job performance review and was angry beyond words. We're people. So, if you find yourself attracted to a woman who has well-rounded interests and enjoys having fun (strange, right?), then count your lucky stars when you have a girl like that and don't screw it up. :wink:

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2011, 4:17 pm

Baha! Well, first off, tomboys are girls who like about 80% of the things guys like, which means they'll either hang out with other tomboys or a lot of guys. But when it comes to relationships they're like any other girl, so finding one shouldn't be the most difficult thing in the world. ;)

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 5:40 pm

wefunction wrote:
I'd stop calling them tomboys. I mean, some of them wear the label like a badge of honor, but we're not "one of the boys". We're still women. It's just that women can do all the same things men can do and can enjoy all the same things men can enjoy. We like getting dirty, playing and watching sports, swearing like a sailor and healthy competition. We may or may not spend time on our appearance, we may or may not be sexually aggressive. Pay attention to learn what specific things we like. One guy got his wife an engagement sphere (not a ring) that was part of a meteorite. Her wedding ring had another piece of the meteorite. Another guy showed up at his girlfriend's house with tulips and a steak after she received an average job performance review and was angry beyond words. We're people. So, if you find yourself attracted to a woman who has well-rounded interests and enjoys having fun (strange, right?), then count your lucky stars when you have a girl like that and don't screw it up. :wink:

Thanks for advice. I was using the word as a label so I could better define what people i am intrested in.
But yeah, still just people. Ill definatly give it a shot when I find another person of that denomination who suits my fancy :)
:wink: I think a healthy relationship should have some fun, even without being sexually aggresive, or being strange, I think that makes everything better :)

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 5:53 pm

I feel you.

My girlfriend is a wild "tomboy", she has a bunch of kickboxing and MMA training and I often spar with her "not in the face" style, usually at her request, when we get drunk. She's tried to triangle choke me on the asphalt in her apartment parking lot, I can't imagine what the passersby were thinking. She thinks she can choke me out but she can't :lol:

It's good times for sure.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 8:05 pm

I'd rather be called a tomboy than a ho. Some women might be more aggressive than others and some may just share interests which are seen more male dominant.

Last edited by curlyfry on 05 Feb 2011, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 8:06 pm

I've found that guys tend to like tomboys for all the wrong reasons, much in the same way that girls who proudly think of themselves as tomboys are doing it for all the wrong reasons. I can't put my finger on what these reasons are exactly, but the minute I can, you'll be hearing from me.

On an unrelated note, you need to get an avatar. I keep confusing you with boosterjones.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 10:30 pm

I've always preferred girls who are a little aggressive, with some interests that might be considered edgy. I don't think that makes them "less feminine". Maybe some will think I have this preference for "the wrong reasons" (whatever the f**k that's supposed to mean) but Barbie Doll types have never been my thing.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Feb 2011, 2:42 am

bewarethebob wrote:
So I Have a love for tomboys, and I was wondering if anyone does too?
and ladies, anyone want to give out any tips for dating one? or initiating that?

I like em to but I like the ones who are lesbians & I do not realize that they are gay :x

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 3:00 pm

curlyfry wrote:
I'd rather be called a tomboy than a ho.

I'd rather nobody be called a ho. It's infantile and vile how women can be ridiculed for being normal people.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 3:19 pm

I could totally dig tomboys when I was much, MUCH younger. Every now and then I get to be around a tomboyish young woman and think, wow...she's just like that Christie girl I used to make out with back in the day. That kind of thing really gets me hot.

I'd still be cool with it if my situation was different, but the one thing I wouldn't want to do would be with someone who is overly physical. I'm not gonna punch back, so will ya quit hitting me???

Christie, btw, was a wonderful girl who, for all I know, had gone through some abuse in her late childhood, but at the time didn't fully understand that something was wrong with the way she grew up. Eventually I acquired a taste for much more "feminine" girls, but she's one of those I think about from time to time and ask "what if...?"

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 5:14 pm

wefunction wrote:
curlyfry wrote:
I'd rather be called a tomboy than a ho.

I'd rather nobody be called a ho. It's infantile and vile how women can be ridiculed for being normal people.

I agree. Generally such terms are thrown around by people who are incapable of minding their own business. They feel threatened whenever they see someone enjoying life too much outside their precious little morality bubble, even though it's not hurting anyone.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 11:18 pm

I was the weirdest sort of tomboy; I was one that didn't get along with boys (though not for lack of trying).

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 5:49 pm

menintights wrote:
I've found that guys tend to like tomboys for all the wrong reasons, much in the same way that girls who proudly think of themselves as tomboys are doing it for all the wrong reasons. I can't put my finger on what these reasons are exactly, but the minute I can, you'll be hearing from me.

On an unrelated note, you need to get an avatar. I keep confusing you with boosterjones.

indeed I do. Damn site wont let me upload a good one though.

But hey, dont just assume im doing for the wrong reasons. I have mine. :p

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 5:50 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
I was the weirdest sort of tomboy; I was one that didn't get along with boys (though not for lack of trying).

meh. s**t happens I guess. maybe just the wrong boys.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 5:50 pm

What are your reasons?