How many guys here actually prefer psychologic healthy girls

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 9:33 pm

By psychologically healthy, I mean one who isn't so self-centered that she thinks the whole world revolves around her and her striking "beauty" and who is empathetic and considerate and not only understands that cheating is wrong but acts according to that understanding.

I seem to fall for girls that are psychologically healthy girls (despite the fact that most of such girls are not attracted to me), but I see too many guys (especially ones with Asperger's) who tend to fall for the type of girls that have very twisted views about life in general and who play drama games and cheat indiscriminately on their partners. Ironically, those types of girls are the ones who tend to feel attraction for me.

It's a strange world out there.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 9:46 pm

I'm interested in men, but I prefer ones that aren't conceited, like you said. As for insecure guys, it depends on how they show it.

OddballBen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2011, 10:03 pm

I don't know, if she's a bit crazy then it's a plus in my opinion.

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 10:06 pm

The cheating is no good and from my experience, it's never a one time deal. The other stuff... it just varies depending on the person. I've got issues, so it would be unfair of me to judge other's issues too harshly.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 1:01 am

MCalavera wrote:
By psychologically healthy, I mean one who isn't so self-centered that she thinks the whole world revolves around her and her striking "beauty" and who is empathetic and considerate and not only understands that cheating is wrong but acts according to that understanding.

I seem to fall for girls that are psychologically healthy girls (despite the fact that most of such girls are not attracted to me), but I see too many guys (especially ones with Asperger's) who tend to fall for the type of girls that have very twisted views about life in general and who play drama games and cheat indiscriminately on their partners. Ironically, those types of girls are the ones who tend to feel attraction for me.

The only NT women who will have anything to do with me is because they feel sorry for me. I would prefer someone who has Aspergers who knows what I am going through. I could not handle a woman who cheats because I probably would end up going to prison for what I would do to the guy she cheated with. :x

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 1:12 am

What kind of desperate masochist would want a psychologically unhealthy person as you describe it?

Quote:
I could not handle a woman who cheats because I probably would end up going to prison for what I would do to the guy she cheated with.

I've never heard people blaming "the other man" before, but it still takes two to tango.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 1:36 am

menintights wrote:
What kind of desperate masochist would want a psychologically unhealthy person as you describe it?

Quote:
I could not handle a woman who cheats because I probably would end up going to prison for what I would do to the guy she cheated with.

I've never heard people blaming "the other man" before, but it still takes two to tango.

I am not going to beat on a woman. So someone is going to be my punching bag.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 2:14 am

MCalavera wrote:

It's very ironic (almost hypocritical even) considering how many guys on here complain about girls falling for jerks. I've seen girls control their boyfriends in horrible ways and others who just neglect the hell out of them. I've seen guys in relationships get hurt by some really atrocious behavior by my gender, that it almost shames me to be a girl who's expected to live up to that kind of personality should I ever be back in a relationship. My parents top the list here.

Though I've seen them all, unstable guys and unstable girls...and most of the time I see them hooking up with each other! 8O
Single people, you don't know how lucky you are. ;)

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 5:55 am

i hate girls with the princess complex thing.
i can't see how being on a pedastal would be much fun.
& cheating is just a no-go.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 6:30 am

MCalavera wrote:

It's my opinion that there's more psychologically unhealthy people (girls or otherwise) out there. That's why.

Media inculcates these daft ideas.

The immune ones are the gems.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 7:00 am

I somewhat concour with your sentiments Moog.

Though I would say society perpetuates myths that lead people to have grossly distorted expectations that are never going to be fullfilled. Sexuality, relationships, marriage, families there all projected in a distortion that simply doesn't reflect how human beings operate as creatures.

r_a_n_d_o_m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2011, 9:43 am

is there such a thing. were all crazy, in one way or another.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 11:33 am

emlion wrote:
i hate girls with the princess complex thing.
i can't see how being on a pedastal would be much fun.
& cheating is just a no-go.

Co-signed for this.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 11:50 am

r_a_n_d_o_m wrote:
is there such a thing. were all crazy, in one way or another.

'Be kind to all you meet, for we are all the walking wounded on this plane of existence.'

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 12:54 am

no i do not wont to date a pop star

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 1:15 am

I like a little bit of crazy. I understand crazy. But nobody likes those who MCalavera describes as psychologically unhealthy or what I refer to as b*****s.