Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

balletangel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 May 2012, 11:00 pm

This is a personal conviction I wish to share. This is personally conviction pretaning only to myself (and the one I'm going to marry, if there is one), not anybody else.

I'm saving everything, including my first true kiss (aside from sea lions) for when the Pastor says; "You may kiss your bride;" or "You may kiss your groom." I made that decision years ago. I decided that I wanted to know what it is like to have that first kiss at that special moment. I'm certaintly not oppose to kissing, I just want that for myself.

I first choose at the age of 12 not to have my first date, or court as I perfer, until after high school. At 13, I rose it to 21. By high school at age 14, I rose it to after 25. I knew that I wasn't going to be ready for a relationship before then. I'm almost 31 and still waiting. I have choosen not to date at all. I believe in friendship and courtship. Dating is probably right for others, but not for me. If God has someone for me, He'll let me know. Otherwise, I'm just living my life.

Yes, everyone in my family dated and kissed their boyfriends/girlfriends. I've always believed that first kiss is a special and sacred thing. I value that first kiss almost as much as my virginity and purity. My own family thinks I'm crazy for not wanting to kiss before the alter, but that's what "I" want.

I have actually been kissed once. His name was Duke the Sea Lion. I'd post the picture if I could figure out how to post am image on here.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 11:19 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-jZyzQSms[/youtube]

First off, I really admire your conviction.
Are you afraid of having your first kiss (notoriously awkward, weird looking, and kinda unpleasant) in front of an audience?

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 12:50 am

My first and only kiss so far wasn't really meaningful. I didn't really try and I was conflicted with feelings at the time.

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 12:53 am

Good for you for standing by your convictions.

But good luck finding someone who shares them.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 1:01 am

balletangel wrote:
This is a personal conviction I wish to share. This is personally conviction pretaning only to myself (and the one I'm going to marry, if there is one), not anybody else.

I'm saving everything, including my first true kiss (aside from sea lions) for when the Pastor says; "You may kiss your bride;" or "You may kiss your groom." I made that decision years ago. I decided that I wanted to know what it is like to have that first kiss at that special moment. I'm certaintly not oppose to kissing, I just want that for myself.

I first choose at the age of 12 not to have my first date, or court as I perfer, until after high school. At 13, I rose it to 21. By high school at age 14, I rose it to after 25. I knew that I wasn't going to be ready for a relationship before then. I'm almost 31 and still waiting. I have choosen not to date at all. I believe in friendship and courtship. Dating is probably right for others, but not for me. If God has someone for me, He'll let me know. Otherwise, I'm just living my life.

Yes, everyone in my family dated and kissed their boyfriends/girlfriends. I've always believed that first kiss is a special and sacred thing. I value that first kiss almost as much as my virginity and purity. My own family thinks I'm crazy for not wanting to kiss before the alter, but that's what "I" want.

I have actually been kissed once. His name was Duke the Sea Lion. I'd post the picture if I could figure out how to post am image on here.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a kiss. A kiss is a way of showing love. What I, for one, wouldn't do would be to have sex before marriage. I'm a firm believer in abstinence and I stand by it this day. Someone will come one day, but until then, I just remain sexless, but not exactly kissless. In order to marry, the couple must first show that they truly and unconditionally love each other. Part of that is through a kiss. Again, it's sex that can wait.

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2012, 3:57 am

mds_02 wrote:
Good for you for standing by your convictions.

But good luck finding someone who shares them.

I have to agree. Your ability to stand by your conviction is noble. But you have to ask yourself why you made it. Did you make it at such a young age when puberty was just setting in because deep down you were afraid? I'm not teasing you, but it sounds like a handy shield to have against anything threatening.

Then there is the 50%+ divorce rate in this country. It would be all well to save yourself for this magic, and I agree it WOULD be magic, but you're under the assumption that it would last forever like a fairy tale simply because you are following a "Code" you adopted in pubrty. My point in saying that is, what about marriage number two? I'm not saying you're doomed to divorce, however the possiblity is there depsite your best intentions. I had the best intentions too...twice.
Then there's the fact that even if you do find a virgin male to date, that doesn't mean he'll want to marry you or even be a person you're compatable with! The older you get the less likely it gets.

I understand saving you're virginity for someone special, but kissing is such a common courtship practice, that it seems out of place in our time.

Look into yourself and find the "why" behind your choice.

Aspie score: 159 of 200 NT score: 64 of 200

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 4:13 am

If thats what you want to do, I wish you the best with it. I don't think I'd want my first kiss to be in front of a whole church full of people though. I'd rather it be more private. Have you given any thought to that, or will your wedding kiss be a quick peck on the lips and your real kiss later on in private?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

balletangel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 May 2012, 9:13 am

My wedding would be a small, intement affair with only family and a friend or two. It wouldn"t be that awarded for me in front of them. And I certaintly hope my first kiss dosen"t end up like that couple!

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 9:16 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

Are you afraid of having your first kiss (notoriously awkward, weird looking, and kinda unpleasant) in front of an audience?

Their kiss looks like birds exchanging food XD but bless em, it's so nice they abstained and held off that kiss for so long.

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 9:17 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

Their kiss looks like birds exchanging food XD but bless em, it's so nice they abstained and held off that kiss for so long.

Someone should really post the follow up vid of the night after :lol:

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 9:24 am

balletangel wrote:

This is totally f*****g idiotic. You're gonna feel like a real idiot when you discover you have no chemistry or sexual compatibility with your partner. It's people like you that lead to a 50 percent divorce rate. You don't beta test your partner, expecting marriage to be flower petals and walks on the beach, and then you discover after the ink on the certificate has dried that you can't stand each other under the same roof. Not even kissing? Unless you are lucky to find some poor girl brainwashed by her fundy parents, you WILL be alone your life. That wont be God's will, it'll be your own stupidity in the face of common sense. He gave us brains so we could use them. Why don't you use yours?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 11:22 am

Brianruns10 wrote:
balletangel wrote:

This is totally f***ing idiotic. You're gonna feel like a real idiot when you discover you have no chemistry or sexual compatibility with your partner. It's people like you that lead to a 50 percent divorce rate. You don't beta test your partner, expecting marriage to be flower petals and walks on the beach, and then you discover after the ink on the certificate has dried that you can't stand each other under the same roof. Not even kissing? Unless you are lucky to find some poor girl brainwashed by her fundy parents, you WILL be alone your life. That wont be God's will, it'll be your own stupidity in the face of common sense. He gave us brains so we could use them. Why don't you use yours?

You know, it's his choice to do that and it's pretty rude of you to attack him for it.

Are you really doing all that well in the dating scene that you should be going around putting other people's choices down?

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 11:26 am

At least I'm trying, and not being so silly as to sit back and expect f*****g God to help me out of my jam. He sure didn't intercede during the holocaust, so it's pretty arrogant for someone to assume he's gonna intercede in one guy's quest for love.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 11:27 am

What OliveOilMom said. Don't forget, you are spamming threads here seeking validation and comfort / advice. You're not in a position to be criticising people on subjects you are flakey with! :P

About divorce rates...you seen how often certain celebrities have sex, marry and divorce? I think it's the opposite to what you stated.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 11:32 am

Brianruns10 wrote:
At least I'm trying, and not being so silly as to sit back and expect f***ing God to help me out of my jam. He sure didn't intercede during the holocaust, so it's pretty arrogant for someone to assume he's gonna intercede in one guy's quest for love.

It's still his decision and he's not hurting you at all by it. Maybe you're just upset that he's optomistic or that he's made a choice to put something off that you are trying to achieve. I don't know what it is, but it's his life and it's up to him. I don't agree with his choice, but I wish him luck with it. As for arrogance, it's pretty arrogant for you to jump all over him and tell him how bad he's going to fail in the romance department when you don't seem to be able to have a second date. I don't think you are in any position to judge his methods or his choices.

At least he's not bitter and rude.

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 11:46 am

He is wasting the prime years of his life. I'd kill to wind the clock back and have a second chance to do better, and find someone. It does piss me off, that I work so hard to find someone and get nothing for it, and he just blisfully thinks some fantasy deity is gonna drop Roma Downey in his lap.