I almost put this in the Haven

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:23 am

But I changed my mind.

Im a grandmother. A GRANDMOTHER. Yet, I still feel all barefoot and running across the yard when I hear Jackson Browne's "Somebody's Baby". In other words Im so not ready for the rocking chair and the pasta press on Saturdays.

I put this here because I want to know if any other people my age feel this way. Do you feel younger than you are, and like you should still be kickin' it?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:33 am

I'm your age but, baby, I'm a loser.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 2:36 am

Definitely yes! I'm a late 38 and just feel like a big kid... For some reason others also have a hard time believing I'm that age... [shrug]

It makes me smile a little when I see how OLD my ex-wife is looking these days. hee hee, all lumpy and stringy white hair... :twisted: :P

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 3:14 am

My parents are grandparents (to my 6 nieces and nephews), but they do not act like it. My mom is in her mid 50s and says that she feels like she's still in her 20s. She and my dad are both energetic and playful, young at heart. Now that I think about it, they even dress like younger people would. They are the furthest thing from the stereotypical image of grandparents with silver hair, rocking chairs and Christmas sweaters. And I really love them for it, because they (particularly my mom) feel more like friends than parents. (Though my mom does like to assert her parental authority over me whenever I come up with another one of my crazy ideas, like my desire to get a tattoo or a pet parrot :P )

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 6:25 am

Yes I feel like a teenager even though I am older-it is not uncommon.

Last edited by Radiofixr on 16 Aug 2012, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 7:06 am

Yes, the fact that I get along great with someone 19 tells me I feel and act like someone in their early 20's even though I'm 29. Heck, I'll go so far to say I can act 29 months old at time given how well I get along with children. On top of that I'm in some of the best physical shape of my life too and have recently gained a lot of muscle without even trying. Not bad for someone who was called "Mr. Burns" in school.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 8:09 am

So here I go
I'm still scratching around the same old hole.
My body feels young but my mind
is very old...
So what do you say
You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway
Your half the world away
Half the world away...

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 8:44 am

I'm with you. I just bought a little skirt with flowers on it from the juniors section. When I surprised my BF he could care less what my age was because he says I make him feel like a teenager.

Well, look at it this way, even though your a grandmother your probably the sexiest one around :wink:

jat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2012, 11:04 am

Yes. I became a grandmother when I was 47. That was quite a while ago. I still don't feel like that's possible! I feel like I'm in my early 30's, maybe (I'm in my 50's). Certain music brings me way back ... and my self-image is definitely closer to young adult than to GRANDMOTHER!! ! LOL!