Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Is this post about looks, or personality?
Personality 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Personality 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 8:51 pm

For those of you who want at least one long-term romantic partner (not just sex), please describe the ideal personality (even if you already have someone). You can omit obvious stuff such as: not a liar, not in prison, etc.

EDIT: that's PERSONALITY, not physical appearance.

Last edited by starkid on 23 Sep 2012, 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

9of47
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2012, 9:13 pm

My ideal partner:
* adores animals
* nerdy
* a metalhead
* assertive
* independent/self-sufficient
* not unattractive to me (I'm in no way picky when it comes to appearance)
* funny
* smart
* good in bed/willing to learn

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 9:16 pm

fair, smart, music-loving, agreeable, amenable to healthy lifestyle (non-smoker, moderate drinker, healthy eater, exerciser), liberal politically

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 9:39 pm

Likes me, doesn't objectify me as a male, is poly, has lots of experience (in life and elsewhere).

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Sep 2012, 9:40 pm

-Average intelligence (at least; the more the better).
-Someone who doesn't place much importance on having sex, or any form physical contact, for that matter. I dislike being touched.
-Common interests.
-Caring/emotionally nurturing. I've found that it contrasts well with my cold detachment.
-Similar sense of humor to mine.
-Kindness. I don't mix well with people who treat other people, or animals, cruelly.
-I have to be able to trust them. There are aspects of my personality that I don't share with anyone, and I'd like to be able to have someone I can open up to.

I found someone who fits all of these traits, and more that I haven't listed, recently. Unfortunately, she has, to put it bluntly, friend-zoned me.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

My idea partner, erm, um, I mean, that special girl:

-Someone I can preferably pick up and carry if I wanted (the idea of carrying a girlfriend to bed and tucking her in like a parent would is as creepy as is attractive AND cute).
-Somewhat noticeable cleavage (I've met girls with no body fat. Unhealthy looking).
-Someone who is willing to put up with my insane amount of ranting on just about EVERYTHING
-Someone who is even an ounce more stable than I
-Freckles
-No creepy piercings. Ironically, belly button piercings are a plus.
-Height doesn't matter. Honestly, look at Tom Cruise.
-Preferably in college. BONUS: college educated parents.
-Younger than me, and preferably younger than my brother's girlfriend (who is two years his senior, but a half year younger than me)
-A girl who I can have an intelligent conversation with. I've met girls who were in every freaking honors class in high school and yet I couldn't have an intellectual conversation with.
-Someone who doesn't go for new fads and agrees with me
-Someone who isn't an outright hipster, and someone who doesn't remind me of the girls I've come across in college.
-A girl with a pretty face. (I've met girls who are chubby but are still downright sexy. It's possible).
-Liberal or an open minded conservative.
-A girl who isn't uncomfortable spending time with me. My most recent ex was.
-A girl who doesn't mind my straightlaced lifestyle. Look up the Mormon Word of Wisdom. That describes me, 'cept for that I'm Russian Orthodox.
-A girl who is a Christian, but doesn't ask God to use the bathroom.
-A girl who thinks Rush Limbaugh is a creep. A la someone who isn't a card carrying Republican, or at least isn't a literal one.
-A girl who isn't party hearty. As in if you come across Jersey Shore-ish, go back. (If you are from the Jersey Shore, but hate the MTV show, you are more than welcome to stay, as long as you don't partake in the "GTL" lifestyle).

It's taken me an hour to get all that, you get the point.

SlashinatorX
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm

I want a remotely pretty girl that is open minded, that takes care of herself, that is spiritual but not religious, isnt abstinent, shaves or waxes all her body hairs, doesnt drink or smoke, & that is a libertarian.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 4:53 pm

It's pretty much in the cards that I'll never find these in a NT partner;

Has her own interests, and must have a few common ones, and is reciprocal in indulging them

Not a perpetual student - it's cool if she takes classes according to her interests, which is different than chronic class-taking for the sake of keeping a full calendar

Understands and enjoys to some degree my choice of transportation

Understands and enjoys to some degree my obsession to play and create music. If we were in a band together I'd think I'd died and gone to Valhalla

Appreciates all the qualities I can contribute to the relationship

Capable of being outdoors to some degree - Dealbreaker in self-absorbed dating site terms

Willing to teach and be teachable

Demonstrates a caring attitude toward others - not a bitter world-hater

Somewhat lively during intimate times; willing to experiment in safe and gentle, but rather unconventional settings

Fully knowing that my attention is on her, NOT the 'play' - those events don't rule my life

In brief, it's all about that "1 in a million" attitude for me; I see all around me scores of the gender of my attraction who could all look, dress, talk and think exactly the same. No way ma'am

The thing about WP is that I can get to talking with people and fall in love with their minds so easily without knowing, or having it matter much, what they look like physically. I sure wish I could do that IRL

minotaurheadcheese
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2012, 6:53 pm

-Kind
-Smart
-Funny
-Insightful
-Genuine
-Good listener/conversationalist
-Nerdy in the most lovable way
-Knows how to make someone feel appreciated and cared for without smothering
-Always seems as happy to talk to me as I am to them
-Has personal goals in life and is also supportive of mine
-Understands who I really am and lets me understand the same in return
-Has opinions without being argumentative or overbearing
-Has enough interests and thoughts in common with me that it's easy to find things to talk about and do together, but is still full of surprises
-Very attractive and has an amazing smile (hm, that's not a personality trait. Oh well, I'm leaving it there.)

I could say more, but I'll leave it at that.

"And there are days when I would be away . . . Oh, wherever men of my sort used to go, long ago. Wandering on paths that other men have not seen. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain." -Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:25 pm

The ideal woman is:

- intelligent;
- inquisitive;
- open-minded;
- somebody I like to talk to;
- has some interests and ideas in common with me;
- independent;
- is capable of liking me despite (or because of) my quirks.

I think I found her, but it is never going to happen. She even likes me despite my quirks (and because of a few of them), but only as a friend. I will try to ask her out next week, but I am pretty sure that it will only make her dislike me. I hope that it will make me dislike her back, therefore ending this bothersome obsession I am having for her.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

IrishTusk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Sep 2012, 7:28 pm

Opinionated and expressive.

There's nothing I love more than a good natured agruement, I'd rather a girl agrue and try to convince me she is right in her opinion than simply mumble and shrug it off.

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2012, 12:03 am

Magnus_Rex wrote:
The ideal woman is:

- intelligent;
- inquisitive;
- open-minded;
- somebody I like to talk to;
- has some interests and ideas in common with me;
- independent;
- is capable of liking me despite (or because of) my quirks.

I think I found her, but it is never going to happen. She even likes me despite my quirks (and because of a few of them), but only as a friend. I will try to ask her out next week, but I am pretty sure that it will only make her dislike me. I hope that it will make me dislike her back, therefore ending this bothersome obsession I am having for her.

I have a similar situation. I found someone who fits all my criteria, but she only likes me a as a friend. I might do what you're doing and ask her out, it's a win-win situation.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 12:51 am

minotaurheadcheese wrote:
-Kind
-Smart
-Funny
-Insightful
-Genuine
-Good listener/conversationalist
-Nerdy in the most lovable way
-Knows how to make someone feel appreciated and cared for without smothering
-Always seems as happy to talk to me as I am to them
-Has personal goals in life and is also supportive of mine
-Understands who I really am and lets me understand the same in return
-Has opinions without being argumentative or overbearing
-Has enough interests and thoughts in common with me that it's easy to find things to talk about and do together, but is still full of surprises
-Very attractive and has an amazing smile (hm, that's not a personality trait. Oh well, I'm leaving it there.)

I could say more, but I'll leave it at that.

Wow.... we may need to talk. ;)
My wants are almost exactly similar to the above - and I like to think I want the same things that I *am*.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 1:07 am

>Implying I know.
Anything I post is what I think I want, but it may or may not be ideal for me, or be what I truly need/want.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 1:14 am

The women I have regretted not forming a relationship with have been out spoken, sarcastically funny and fairly compassionate.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 3:52 am

Let's see here... in no particular order:

-Female from birth
-Born Again Christian
-Conservative Libertarian
-Pro life
-5'5" or shorter
-Has intense interests
-mild aspie or ADHD (similar intensity to myself)
-Intellectual
-not morbidly obese
-wants children
-fun to talk to
-college educated
-caring person
-no weird piercings or tattoos
-pigtailed redhead with green eyes (OK, not really necessary, but hey, a man can dream!)