are we aspie men bad with women or are women bad with us

Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 6:09 pm

Some of us are bad with women and when we are it's somewhat a no brainer they might not be good towards us.
Other times it is them bad towards us Aspies for no real reason. Such is life the world is full of good and bad people. I don't think it's really a thing specifically tied to gender or diagnosis about who is bad towards who more.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 5:10 am

I think we just drive them nuts with our repetition I mean take a look at medusa in this vid in a room with 2 aspies dwelling on bloomers![youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqHQPUE42_w[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

WintersTale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2013, 2:53 am

I believe that they're intimidated, because we're different.

If we were the same as every other Joe Blow, we wouldn't have any dating issues.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 3:36 am

billiscool wrote:
now be honest. Are we aspie men just bad with women (or in some cases bad with selective group of women)
or are women just bad with us.
maybe women just don't know how to talk aspie men.
maybe women are just not use to us men with aspie or autism.
it could go both way but all answers are welcome.

I ask myself this all the time ''how I know it not just us aspie men with the problem, maybe were the one's with the problem,
maybe we are just too crazy for women but then I ask well, maybe it women. Maybe we are all right, but the women are the one's
with problem, maybe their the one, who don't know how to talk to us.''

Even if it's the women's 'problem' it's still your problem overall and you are the one who has to change to accommodate it as you can't force others to change.

Are you going to walk up to these women and say 'Well it's not my fault I get treated badly by you; you're the one with the problem!' - are they likely to say 'You're totally correct Bill I have a problem and need to change!'? People are not put on this planet to accommodate you basically. You seem to have the mindset that they are and that everyone else must change but not you. Life does not work like that. Whoever is causing the 'problem', it's still you who has to deal with it. Other people are not responsible for making you happy. You need to start taking a lot more responsibility for your own actions and develop a hell of a lot more self awareness.

it's fine to like yourself and think you have a lot to offer but if another person doesn't think the same you have to either change yourself to make yourself more acceptable to them or just accept they don't like you/aren't keen on you and move on. To expect them to change their opinion of you just because you want them to is completely unrealistic. This is basic stuff and until you can understand and put this into practice I feel you'll continue to go round in circles.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 4:57 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
I think we just drive them nuts with our repetition I mean take a look at medusa in this vid in a room with 2 aspies dwelling on bloomers!

You reaaaaaaallly like that clip don't you?

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 11:32 pm

billiscool wrote:
now be honest. Are we aspie men just bad with women (or in some cases bad with selective group of women)
or are women just bad with us.

Hmmm, probably both.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 11:49 pm

nessa's got it right.

other people aren't going to change, the way the world works isn't going to change.

doesn't matter whether it's fair or not. doesn't matter whether it's right or not. you're not gonna change what other people want so, if you're finding that what they want isn't you, it's you that needs to change. assuming, that is, that you want them to want you in the first place.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2013, 12:02 am

nessa238 wrote:
People are not put on this planet to accommodate you basically.

I always thought people were put on this planet for my sake, are you saying that isn't the case? it's a bit shocking to realise that, I know.