Have You Ever Faced Harassment Charges?

Page 2 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 9:37 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Repeatedly badgering someone about why they changed their mind is harassment.

We don't know how many times he asked... but just because she was annoyed for being "taken to task" for her rudeness doesn't make it "harassment" until it crosses a certain line. Merely making her mad for calling her out is not that line.

If the police were called, they'll decide once they read the texts. If you don't get a call, you can bet some cop is rolling his eyes at a troublemaker.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 9:44 pm

No, never have been in this situation, why are so many of you guys in this though? 8O

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 9:47 pm

I creeped this girl out somehow after only knowing her a week, and with only contacting her twice, even though later she ended up with an abuser. :roll:

Another case of the creep radar going off for the wrong guy.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 9:55 pm

According to the law, the person must state they want an end to the conversation or action before it becomes illegal. The only thing she said was she was calling the police. She never said stop. Otherwise I would humbly complied. I understand I was being aggressive, but i was in a bad mood (my chat body seemed like she might have been a scammer, which made me angry, in addition to some other issues). Normally I wouldn't do this, but I am just tired of getting all flakes. Where are some decent women?

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

22 May 2013, 9:56 pm

appletheclown wrote:
No, never have been in this situation, why are so many of you guys in this though? 8O

Same here. Maybe it's because we don't harass people?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 10:02 pm

One of those two-wrongs-don't-make-a-right moment.

What she did was possibly quite rude (we don't know the details.)
You demanding an explanation was a little bit rude, with increasing rudeness for each repetition. (One reasonable request for an explanation is totally justified.)
Her choosing not to answer the question is being rude, but less rude for each multiple request (while your rudeness increases per request, eventually overshadowing her rudeness for the initial event - then she can call you "bad" instead of looking in the mirror.)

Funny how we aspies need to break down into formulas what the NT's consider as natural and automatic as breathing. Frustrating, eh? :doh:

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 10:12 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

You're awfully high up on your perch of perfection today.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

22 May 2013, 10:28 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

You're awfully high up on your perch of perfection today.

No, I'm not. Most people are similar to me or better. Most people are not criminals. I only look good by comparison to creepers and rapists. Not being those two things is not an accomplishment, just like learning to use toilet paper is not an accomplishment. It's expected.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 10:32 pm

zacb wrote:
According to the law, the person must state they want an end to the conversation or action before it becomes illegal. The only thing she said was she was calling the police. She never said stop. Otherwise I would humbly complied. I understand I was being aggressive, but i was in a bad mood (my chat body seemed like she might have been a scammer, which made me angry, in addition to some other issues). Normally I wouldn't do this, but I am just tired of getting all flakes. Where are some decent women?

That definitely sounds like harassment. Where are all the decent women? Maybe doing whatever they want, with people who don't harass them. No one owes you their time, even if they've offered it. You do not have the right to make someone feel threatened because they flaked on you. You do not have the right to someone's time.

Regardless of the hyper-misogynists here who will tell you she was a big bad monster and you're just a poor little guy being mistreated by some wicked woman, you do not, I repeat you DO NOT ever have the right to make someone feel threatened because they aren't complying with your demands.

Learn some respect for women,(AND EVERYONE, REALLY) then maybe you can expect the same in return. And I'm sure it would be shocking as s**t to everyone here, but respecting people often DOES garner the same in return.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 10:57 pm

zacb wrote:

If they're not decent then just don't talk to them. Judge them instead of just being like "YEAH BRO, I WANNA GET LAID" and overlooking any character flaws they have in your quest to get laid. I could probably "get laid" like tomorrow if I wanted to, but since sex is a pretty big deal you generally shouldn't be doing it with people of ill character. So do not take it as a loss if someone flakes, you've just narrowed down your search for a partner.

RenegadeRaven
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2013, 11:25 pm

zacb wrote:
I never made any threats or sexual suggestions, but I kept asking why this one chick flaked on me via text, and after a few, she said she was calling the police. I never said anything wrong, but now she is acting all bitchy. I stopped after she said stop, but she called the police. I swear. Anyone ever get a threat like this? I admit I went over the line, but I never committed any wrongdoing under state law. I was frustrated that women were flaking on me. And here is the thing, she invited me to hang, but after she invited me, she never revealed the details. So I kept asking. God , this place is so F*ed up.

Oh come on what happened to common sense? When someone does not want to talk to you leave them alone. It is that simple.

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 12:51 am

Quote:
Normally I wouldn't do this, but I am just tired of getting all flakes.

If you are are tired of flakes, just stop communicating with them. It couldn't be easier. The flakey women I'm exposed to (daily) are flirting constantly but they do not pursue men or boys who do not respond.

The pretty, smart, quiet, (probably) aspie girl I work with doesn't flirt. She gets no attention from any of the boys.

The pretty, smart, serious, NT girls I work with, who do not constantly flirt, get some attention from the boys, but not as much attention as the flirty flakes. These more serious girls comprise the majority.

The flirty, flakey minority get the majority of the boys' attention. And that's irritating and unfair to the guys?!

Guys, if you are attracted to flirty flakes; expect them to flake out on you; please. Fish swim; flakes flake out.

Quote:
According to the law, the person must state they want an end to the conversation or action before it becomes illegal. The only thing she said was she was calling the police. She never said stop.

A flake called the police to report that you did something legal. So.........you are not in trouble and she's a flake and they're the police getting a nonsense call. Zacb; so...........what's the drama?

LongWaysAway
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2013, 4:08 am

You gotta move on, man. If she's not into you and wants you to buzz off, just forget about her, don't get all headfricked over her and start chasing after her. It won't end well. It just won't.

It's a giant waste of time and energy, for one. Use your time and energy to find someone else.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 4:16 am

zacb wrote:
The only thing she said was she was calling the police. She never said stop.

Well, when someone says they are calling the police because of you, to me thats a pretty clear sign to stop. AS or no AS people should get that. :roll:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 6:49 am

Maybe the OP sent a larger version of this photo when she asked to see his pic. :lmao:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 7:04 am

BlueMax wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Repeatedly badgering someone about why they changed their mind is harassment.

We don't know how many times he asked... but just because she was annoyed for being "taken to task" for her rudeness doesn't make it "harassment" until it crosses a certain line. Merely making her mad for calling her out is not that line.

Quote:
I kept asking

Quote:
after a few

It's pretty clear that it was multiple times.
Asking once isn't harassment, but badgering repeatedly is.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I