Page 17 of 30 [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 30  Next

Should Alex Ban Sexist Opinions from L&D?
Yes 39%  39%  [ 37 ]
No 45%  45%  [ 43 ]
Undecided 17%  17%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 96

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 11:28 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE[/youtube]

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 11:35 am

I don't think I've ever actually tried Spam in my life. I may have, but if so I don't remember.

I hear it's very popular in Hawaii. Maybe I'll have a Spamburger if I ever go there.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 11:47 am

I remind you that we have set up a bar just now for random discussion.

Next one to start a random discussion pays the bill!

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 2:13 pm

spongy wrote:
I remind you that we have set up a bar just now for random discussion.

Next one to start a random discussion pays the bill!

And may I remind you, Spongy, we are high class derelicts who would never spend ALL of our time in a bar [hic]

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 2:21 pm

Have a visual of Otis from Andy Griffith right now.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 10:34 pm

I have to wonder how chips and spam appeared on this thread. Was it just random or is there some subliminal significance? If someone can figure out how sexism, chips and spam are related, will it reveal a great truth? Will the bridge that was hidden, suddenly span the seemingly uncrossable chasm between the sexes? Are there not any Seers or Magi in the audience?

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 11:26 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
I have to wonder how chips and spam appeared on this thread. Was it just random or is there some subliminal significance? If someone can figure out how sexism, chips and spam are related, will it reveal a great truth? Will the bridge that was hidden, suddenly span the seemingly uncrossable chasm between the sexes? Are there not any Seers or Magi in the audience?

Dude, head for 'The Bar' at the top of the thread list. The Spam discussion continues there with recipes.

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 12:28 am

Toy_Soldier wrote:

No, it was a random tangent taken by a few so they could have a good laugh at the people who think sexism should be taken more seriously, because they don't see it as a problem and think anyone who does is just being "silly" and "whiny"...

--Aldous Huxley

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 1:04 am

No actually, it just came about by accident when somebody mentioned food either in this thread or another one. It wasn't intentional. Sexism should be taken seriously and it is still a problem, but this s**t isn't sexism and comparing it to actual sexism is just, well, I'm not going there.

So now, people suddenly having side conversations about food is a patriarchal ploy or something? God.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 1:19 am

No, it's YOUR ploy, not a patriarchal one...

--Aldous Huxley

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 1:53 am

Good Lord, there was NO PLOY. It just happened! Are you actually THAT paranoid that you think that a side conversation cropping up in a discussion is some sort of ploy? What the hell would it achieve anyway? Nothing. I wouldn't come up with something that lame nor would there be any reason to be. The only reason for something like that would be a passive aggressive attempt to change the subject because the speaker doesn't want to discuss it or it's uncomfortable for them. Did I say anything, ever, that would give you even the slightest impression that I feel that way? I didn't think so.

If I'm going to do something to subvert something or someone, or poke fun at them, then it's going to be obvious because otherwise why do it. Everything I've done like that is actually obvious and not Sybil's ranting to Dr Wilbur obvious ok? Also, if I had been the slightest bit nervous about speaking directly up and I wanted to derail the conversation, I would have brought up vibrators and not Spam. I could certainly find a way to spin a discussion of vibrators as being pertinent to feminism (independence, not an actual dude, under our total control all the time, etc) but Spam really has no defense at all except for the fact that it tastes good.

OK. This was not planned at all but once I typed those last words I thought of something that struck me as funny and I have to type it now. Somebody else will laugh, I'm sure. Or I hope, anyway. OK. A Spam vibrator. Combine it. My fake PLOY to overturn the stance against sexism on WP with conversation about cheap canned luncheon meat (luncheon makes it sound fancy, doesn't it? like somebody would serve it at a luncheon! ha!) could possibly be combined with dirty stuff by devising a Spam vibrator! Which also would never see the light of day at a nice luncheon, but might find itself a very long life in truck stops and bathrooms of dives. I HONEST TO GOD didn't mean to do this, it really just popped into my head, after I defended our Spam conversation. Thats how whatever is in there passing for my brain works.

Trust me honey. I have no need to resort to backhanded tactics like derailing the thread in hopes to stop the discussion on this so called issue. I've very up front with my disdain about it. You would think people would appreciate honesty, but I guess not, huh.

Let the record show that I did not end my post here with a call for opinions on the marketability of a Spam vibrator or any other food based sex toys. If it happens, it happens. NOT MY FAULT!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 2:09 am

What's this about some sort of Spam-spiracy?

- Rick Sanchez

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 2:29 am

What would it achieve? Derailing the thread perhaps? You may have noticed that this is actually what happened, but either than that, all I can do is give a great big *sigh* in your general direction, and then stop wasting my breath, and you can go on pretending that you're "nice-as-pie" and that you never do anything to make fun of other people and you certainly wish no one any ill will. There. It's all very magical. Good day to you :D

--Aldous Huxley

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Jun 2014, 3:29 am

Guys, knock it off with the spamming and the attacks.

The opening post asks "Should Alex Ban Sexist Opinions from L&D?" - it doesn't say "Post here if you think sexist opinions should be banned from L&D, otherwise keep quiet".

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 8:12 am

Nights_Like_These, I take your side on the misogyny issue and it was me who derailed it. There is a reason I did it. I disagree with OOM on many points and I disagree with Dox as well but at the end of it all we all have one lifetime to live right? I even disagree with Tarantella on some things as well. Let's make our lifetime count and if we at the end of the day can be silly with each other and enjoy a sandwich together no matter what views the other person has then maybe, maybe, things will be okay in the world.

What I've come to and realized is that all of us has a bit of the truth inside of us. The thing is things aren't clear cut and when it comes to humanity; we can have contradictions, complexities and nuances to all of us. Are we not a product of our upbringing and genetics? We have different perspectives of the grand tapestry of existence. Even if OOM and I have opposing viewpoints on different issues why shouldn't that stop us from enjoying ourselves and learning from each other and simply eating delicious food? Even though I disagree with her immensely on differing her points do have a bit of validity to them.

Let's take time and enjoy this rich, grand, tapestry of existence and get a Pastrami on Rye at Canter's Deli. My question is how do we all live our lives with ourselves and each other with nobility, virtue and goodness? She has one aspect of this answer and so do we. So does Tarantella and Dox. So do NTs.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 9:50 am

Nights: HA! See???? I didn't do it! Take back your conspiracy theory accusation about me and my plot right now or else I'll call the UFO's!

Cubed, I like you and we do disagree but we get along. You are cool and don't get all ugly and stuff after an argument or debate is over. You let that stay that and go on to the next thing. I try to do that too, and I'm totally chill with you and are glad you are with me. Honestly, I like for my friends to have different opinions than I do because if we just sit around and go "yep" all the time to each other it gets boring. You can like and respect somebody while still thinking that they are insane to hold a particular stance on something. In fact, if you have several friends of very different and strong opinions on issues over to your house for dinner and then ya'll sit around and drink wine and listen to an 80's hits CD and talk about the issues you will have some pretty good debates and interesting and thought provoking points can be brought up during it. It's actually kind of fun to do that. Nobody gets mad. Make sure it's only wine after dinner though and not tequila. It won't go so well then I wouldn't think.

Whats coincidental to this discussion is that I have several good friends from here who I talk to on FB, the phone, etc and four of them got to be friends with me after huge fights over some silly thing on here. When I say huge fights I mean actually being ugly to each other and insulting to hurt and not joke insulting. In two of the cases I'm talking full on OOM vitriol and teeth to the jugular. They didn't take it personally though, which is good. Weird, huh? We found we had things in common after the argument got calmer and noticed qualites in each other that we liked so we made friends with each other. I like folks who can do that. If more people could be that way then the world would be a much better place, in my opinion.

I still won't eat specialty breads though. Too dry.