A Self-Made-Man girl discovers that life as a man is harder

Page 8 of 19 [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 7:19 pm

You know this whole thread is a waste of time because the argument of who's got things worse - men or women- has gone on for decades. One side is never going to agree with ANYTHING the other side says, so why discuss it? Whatever one side says then the other side must have it worse. (That kinda sounds like how a narcissist thinks) All I know is what I have to deal with as a woman and I can either complain about it or decide to play the game. Right now, I decided that I'm not playing the game because I don't have the time.

I did at one time actually want to know more about men - I read the "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus", "Why Men and Women Act Like They Do", and this book too that this thread was started about. Have any of the men here tried to understand women at all? Read any books on the subject of women?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Last edited by nurseangela on 16 Jul 2015, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 7:20 pm

Now I know why us men can't get chicks!

We harp on Semantics too much!

Semantics just doesn't do it in the bedroom!

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 7:25 pm

Nah, it's because "You're a gold-digging liar with a hive mentality who has life on easy mode and will probably hit me or at least be verbally abusive. WHY DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS?" is not really the best pick-up line.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 7:29 pm

Another thing is I'm on an Aspie website trying to learn more about Aspies - all Aspies, but aren't most Aspies men?

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 7:32 pm

You know that is a deal breaker that I forgot to add in my list. If I decide to date an Aspie guy, I expect him to learn all he can about NT women. I don't think that's too much to ask. Hmm.

Darn, I flunked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 7:34 pm

I would truly say that there are many more female Aspies than what the "statistics" show. I'm inclined to believe that the male-female ratio is actually pretty even.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 8:01 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Nah, it's because "You're a gold-digging liar with a hive mentality who has life on easy mode and will probably hit me or at least be verbally abusive. WHY DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS?" is not really the best pick-up line.

Liked.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Jul 2015, 8:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would truly say that there are many more female Aspies than what the "statistics" show. I'm inclined to believe that the male-female ratio is actually pretty even.

The ratio on the higher functioning end of spectrum is actually apparently 8 to 1 and that I would agree that part is probably under-diagnosed but I don't think it is anywhere close to even. The question is why is it under-diagnosed, I think the part of it is basically the traits are probably more tolerated in women than men since there are certain expectations of masculinity from the rest of society and guys will be ostracised from both women and other men if they don't live up to it. I know women can quite nasty to each other, I'm sure females on the spectrum face being ostracised too. It's hard for everybody and the person that said that there is no point fighting who has it worse.

I have to imagine most diagnosis at least at that age is probably the result of some sort of social failure or crisis, I was diagnosed when I was about 14 or 15 because I had essentially dropped out of school, when I was there at that time I didn't socialize or do anything. It's pretty funny looking at my transcript, I went from having like 37 absences one semester to 0 the next. That's when they accommodated me with their Home and Hospital program, that's not what it is for and it didn't really help or educate me but just rather got me graduated in time. Something I am still bitter about is that the my school system refused to allow me to attend the school my therapist wanted me to attend even tho the district had NOTHING for me, it's something I will never forgive.

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 8:12 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I did at one time actually want to know more about men - I read the "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus", "Why Men and Women Act Like They Do", and this book too that this thread was started about. Have any of the men here tried to understand women at all? Read any books on the subject of women?

Depends. When I was in the place that you describe above, I read a number of books written by women, for women (stuff like the Anne of Green Gables series). Women writing about women's issues are also a staple of the op-ed page of my local paper, which I've read since I was in junior high.

I also spent a lot of time listening to my mother's complaints about men when I was a kid, so I've known most of the key arguments of second wave feminism since I was about 14.

Oh, and the sides and back of the toilet base at my apartment were always scrubbed clean long before any friends were allowed over (if I hadn't done it already during the work-week).

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 8:21 pm

No Escape wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Anyways remember there are autistic women and women with other conditions who struggle just as much if not more with relationships than your typical male.

No there aren't lol. Make a dating profile with a woman like this and then one with her male equivalent. Compare their results and get back to me.

Why? Sweetleaf was talking about "typical male", not "male equivalent".

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 8:39 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:

Yeah, ladies REALLY like that! :roll: *sarcasm*

Insulting women all the time isn't going to attract them. In fact, it'll do the exact opposite. I mean, I understand people need to vent, but you don't have to act like a misogynist. All you're doing is making things worse, not better. Relationships come from a place of love and acceptance, not prejudice and disgust.

Why do gender-related discussions like this always have to be some sort of battle? Every gender has its stereotypes and issues, and no one is better than the other.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 8:57 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:

It reminds me of that love poëm someone attributed to Ayn Rand:

Quote:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Finish this poëm yourself,
You dependent parasite.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:28 am

nurseangela wrote:
The truth of it is that men want looks and women want security (be it money or muscle). It has never changed and it will not change. We should just accept it of each other and move on.

Tradition is never a good excuse to keep doing what you're doing. We as society wouldn't be where we are if we didn't change.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:44 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
No Escape wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Anyways remember there are autistic women and women with other conditions who struggle just as much if not more with relationships than your typical male.

No there aren't lol. Make a dating profile with a woman like this and then one with her male equivalent. Compare their results and get back to me.
bb
Why? Sweetleaf was talking about "typical male", not "male equivalent".
but people are free to dream and assume they will find the beautiful overly romanticized woman of their life simply by sitting there in a car, that they can for sure purchase with a bottle of wine and promises of many sloppy kisses to follow, I mean come on what do you want from 20 to 30 year old women compliments on any wrinkles you may have developed at the old age of 21?

Exactly...only proves my point that there are indeed males that miss their chance because they are too focused on big boobs and a nice ass after them regardless of they actually have such a thing after them or not. But yes regardless making a profile of a typical aspie woman vs typical aspie male might not specfically attract neurotypicals with their life together who can get together to pay rent every month actually....

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:48 am

And by the way this is a lesbian posing as a male...not a real male, or even someone who has been proven to actually pass as convincing male....just a lesbain who wanted to be an inprofessional experiment without proper mesures of the factors and causes of said event even though they said they wont consent. So not sure how this is entirely relevent to 'life of males' in the military, when its about snow and ice people aren'te even fully exposed to in any event that is show.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 2:03 am

Maybe you are around superficial people a lot. Most guys don't care about boobs or ass.