Women, are you attracted to muscular guys?

Page 12 of 13 [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Which of these body types are you most attracted to?
Very lean 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Somewhat lean 31%  31%  [ 10 ]
Intermediate 41%  41%  [ 13 ]
Somewhat muscular 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Very muscular 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 32

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 3:15 pm

Outrider wrote:
There's a lot of people who lift weights purely to be better looking.

Having a "good body" (by the popular perception) has more to do with having low body fat than huge muscle mass. If you're overweight, no amount of working out will make you look "ripped". Overweight + lifting = looking like a football lineman. That's not what most overweight people want.

It's also hard for some people to get to a low body fat percentage without also losing most of your muscle. It seems to have to do with testosterone and estrogen levels which vary genetically. Some people are just naturally "soft" and don't get "ripped" without starving themselves and losing muscle. I know you know this, but most of the masses don't really get it. A lot of overweight people think they can get ripped by lifting weights.

I don't really care about looks. I lift weights because I like feeling physically powerful. I don't care if I have a layer of body fat too.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 4:49 pm

marshall wrote:
Outrider wrote:
There's a lot of people who lift weights purely to be better looking.

Having a "good body" (by the popular perception) has more to do with having low body fat than huge muscle mass. If you're overweight, no amount of working out will make you look "ripped". Overweight + lifting = looking like a football lineman. That's not what most overweight people want.
Yeah. If I have low body fat I can look ripped even if my muscle mass is relatively low. Yet if I have high body fat even bigger muscles will remain hidden. No matter how big my abs get I won't get a sixpack so long as my body fat remains above 10%.

Also, the poll results are leaning lean end of the scale. Girls like skinny guys. Most of all, skinny girls like skinny guys. I'm going to start skipping meals again.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 5:00 pm

Outrider wrote:
What about overall health and fitness?

It's very surprising to hear from some women here they actually don't care about body type at all.

I'd rather have a nice body, average face and average personality, than an out of shape body but better than average personality. But apparently the out of shape guy always wins.

Are all of these men are completely equal in attractiveness if they all had a good personality, took care of their appearance, equal height, dressed what you as a woman consider nice, was hardworking, friendly, what you personally consider funny, you like being around him, and had a pleasant looking face?

Sometimes, I honestly wish more girls and women were more shallow and cared about looks the way us men seem to. Physical appearance can be changed and improved, including face to an extent. Personality can be, but is more innate and even been found to be partly genetic.

People can't express their personality, it's looks that people see first. You only really discover someone's personality and character once you get to know them, which takes anywhere from 6 months to several years.

I hear some girls and women say they might not be physically attracted to a guy at first and maybe even find his body unattractive, but will find his body attractive once she develops emotional feelings for him.

I honestly would be saddened if she wasn't attracted to me physically or even found me ugly in the beginning.

How nice does that sound? To know your partner thought you were an ugly, repulsive mug when you first met them, and the only reason they like your body now is because the chemicals in their brain called 'love' has blinded them.

Research has shown when people are in 'love' their brain underestimates negatives qualities and overestimates positive qualities, and you'll be attracted to them no matter what they look like. Love really is blind.

Yes, this is actually someone wishing girls and women were more shallow.

Maybe I'm not the only one, a lot of us Aspie males have struggled to make friends, talk to women or make social connections, we may have struggled with relationships due to our lack of social skills.

So, for some of us, we almost must use looks to gain leverage, because our 'character' and 'personality' or lack thereof aren't sufficient enough to gain any attention from women at all, let alone end up on a date with one.

Plenty of aspie men here are friendly, good and caring people.

But I see some women say 'niceness' is 'boring' and the 'bare minimum' of what a guy can be and 'if niceness is your only redeeming quality, you must be a very boring person'.

Well, not everyone can be or actually wants to be super funny, extraverted, confident, charming etc.

Some people just want to be fit and healthy, yet 'nice' and a good listener.

At this point, maybe the key is to use online dating and Tinder and if you're rejected, say you want to only be their friend and do that - only be their friend.

Get to know a ridiculously high amount of them, and actually be their friend. Spend time with them in purely platonic activities, and make sure she is 100% aware they aren't dates.

Do this, make 25 female friends, be friends with all of them for 2-6 years, and see if you get lucky and one falls for you.

I wouldn't go for the top row. I know it takes a lot of maintenance and time so would clash with me massively. Also I know it's assumptions but I cannot help but thing they would be a bit vain (I'm sorry for the stereotyping).

I would date anyone from the bottoman 2 because eventually muscles fade. Plus they look cuddly.

I'm sorry you feel that way Outrider. I genuninely think that the word nice has a stigma to it. I have to admit nice to me sometimes means they would never stick up for themselves. Good listener and a calm personality are all bonuses

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 8:41 pm

I know my opinion probably doesn't matter, because I'm male and not gay, but I do have aesthetic tastes in male bodies, and for me the middle row (D, E, and F) are considerably more pleasing than either the bottom or the top row. I'm not into chubbiness or rippling muscles. The only thing I don't like about those middle row guys is their, for lack of a better word, "man boobs". E has probably the least of that, so I find him a little better for that reason, though the difference between him and the others in his row is minimal. I do appreciate the general lack of hair on all of those guys--at least maybe aside from guy "H".

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 9:33 pm

A. looks like a monstrous tree bark man.

Pravda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Oct 2016, 10:41 pm

A is just weird-looking. "Why would you do that to yourself?"-type weird.

Don't believe the gender tag. I was born intersex and identify as queer, girl-leaning. So while I can sometimes present as an effeminate guy, that's less than half the time and if anything I'd prefer it say "female" of the two choices offered. I can't change it though, it's bugged.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 11:01 pm

Competitive bodybuilding = Big $$$$

Yes, A is most likely on steroids, most competitive bodybuilders are.

Personally, I think B to F all have good looking physiques, so long as most of E and F's weight is muscle despite their higher body fats.

I couldn't possibly see B in a negative light.

I don't see 'vain' 'narcissism' 'unhealthy obsession' or 'steroids'. I see hard-work and dedication.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 12:03 am

Yeah, I think "monstrous tree bark man" is a pretty accurate description of the horror that is Dude A. To me, even Dude B looks like someone with a bad allergy to bee stings who just got stung all over by a whole hive full of bees. Too puffy-looking.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 1:54 am

wilburforce wrote:
Yeah, I think "monstrous tree bark man" is a pretty accurate description of the horror that is Dude A. To me, even Dude B looks like someone with a bad allergy to bee stings who just got stung all over by a whole hive full of bees. Too puffy-looking.

Ever seen the movie Pure Luck, where Martin Short got stung and had a really puffy face?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Pravda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Oct 2016, 3:08 am

B looks okay to me. Not really my type, but I can see why someone might find his body attractive. A is weirdly disproportionate, grossly veiny, and all-around looks like maybe a member of some kind of alien species.

Don't believe the gender tag. I was born intersex and identify as queer, girl-leaning. So while I can sometimes present as an effeminate guy, that's less than half the time and if anything I'd prefer it say "female" of the two choices offered. I can't change it though, it's bugged.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 3:18 am

Both A and B look distasteful.

I am like E myself, would like to be D.

Synth.osx
Raven
Raven

23 Oct 2016, 3:45 am

Outrider wrote:

Personally, I think B to F all have good looking physiques, so long as most of E and F's weight is muscle despite their higher body fats.

I don't see 'vain' 'narcissism' 'unhealthy obsession' or 'steroids'. I see hard-work and dedication.

Bodybuilding is more than a sport, it is a science. It is easier to achieve and maintain the Brad Pitt Fight Club physique over the physique of an IFBB professional.

It isn't difficult to achieve 6-10% bodyfat with regular exercise and diet without the use of any steroids and supplements if you have the knowledge and dedication. It depends on how passionate you are, many people truly enjoy exercise and nutrition if they come from an active family or a family with an athletic or military background.

The obesity problem in the US and the UK is created by the lack of information concerning processed food or sugar, it doesn't help that fast food chains are in every major town either. My girlfriend is from a European country and it is surprising at how much more educated she is when it comes to nutrition, there is a reason why countries in Europe have the lowest obesity rate in the world

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 4:38 am

Having a body fat percentage lower than 10 is pointless. It's just a weird bodybuilding fetish thing. C has the best body fat percentage as far as aesthetics go. His abs are very visible, but his muscles don't have weird texture or veins popping out. It seems like his pecs are big compared to his biceps though (maybe that's just the camera angle).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 5:11 am

Synth.osx wrote:
Outrider wrote:

Bodybuilding is more than a sport, it is a science. It is easier to achieve and maintain the Brad Pitt Fight Club physique over the physique of an IFBB professional.

It isn't difficult to achieve 6-10% bodyfat with regular exercise and diet without the use of any steroids and peosupplements if you have the knowledge and dedication. It depends on how passionate you are, manyple truly enjoy exercise and nutrition if they come from an active family or a family with an athletic or military background.

The obesity problem in the US and the UK is created by the lack of information concerning processed food or sugar, it doesn't help that fast food chains are in every major town either. My girlfriend is from a European country and it is surprising at how much more educated she is when it comes to nutrition, there is a reason why countries in Europe have the lowest obesity rate in the world

I found the Czech people to be surprisingly slim and fit, despite their "fatty" cuisine (a lot of pork, a lot of meat, creamy meals, little raw salads...etc).

Synth.osx
Raven
Raven

23 Oct 2016, 5:23 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Synth.osx wrote:
Outrider wrote:

It isn't difficult to achieve 6-10% bodyfat with regular exercise and diet without the use of any steroids and peosupplements if you have the knowledge and dedication. It depends on how passionate you are, manyple truly enjoy exercise and nutrition if they come from an active family or a family with an athletic or military background.

I found the Czech people to be surprisingly slim and fit, despite their "fatty" cuisine (a lot of pork, and creamy meals...etc).

Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are good for a healthy diet, fat is important for growth development and cell functions. Refined carbohydrates and sugar are the primacy cause for metabolic syndrome and the main contributor towards obesity in the US and the UK, it is a common misconception used by fad diet routines that fat is the reason for obesity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 5:30 am

Synth.osx wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Synth.osx wrote:
Outrider wrote:

I found the Czech people to be surprisingly slim and fit, despite their "fatty" cuisine (a lot of pork, and creamy meals...etc).

Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are good for a healthy diet, fat is important for growth development and cell functions. Refined carbohydrates and sugar are the primacy cause for metabolic syndrome and the main contributor towards obesity in the US and the UK, it is a common misconception used by fad diet routines that fat is the reason for obesity.

In my country, *raw* honey and *raw* carob molasses were the traditional sweeteners for centuries ; obesity rates started to spike ever since the white sugar took over in the last 50-60 years.
Also boiled non-peeled wheats and mini-coucous were replaced by the rice in many meals during the same period.