Experiment: wealthy plain guy w/Ferrari vs. poor barmen

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 12:52 pm

So I can see an extremely glaring issue with your experiment. You made the first guy show off his wealth way too much. The whole Ferrari thing is over the top. I mean, why is he showing off his Ferrari like that? Why would he post that in an online dating profile. It's absurd. I'd ignore his messages too.

The other thing is the guy isn't average looking, he's quite good looking, you literally handicapped him with an over the top profile. Why don't you be more subtle? Refer that he enjoys traveling a lot and has been to...and than name some really nice, exotic places. Give him strong interests working with non-profit organizations, etc.

I bet you'll see better results.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 12:59 pm

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 1:00 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Why does owning a ferrari make one a punk? :roll:

I'd figure he was some kind of, like, Wall Street Hustler, or something similar----and, I wouldn't want anything to do with that type; cuz, IMO, if they're hustlin' THERE, they'd probably be hustlin' ME, as well!!

And yet somehow women are better. At least those in Thailand offer something of value in trade for resources.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 1:10 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
And yet somehow women are better. At least those in Thailand offer something of value in trade for resources.

"Something of value" is in the eye of the beholder (aka "subjective"), is it not? There's "something of value" in EVERYONE----depending-on who's looking at / considering them, no? I wouldn't respond-to / date EITHER of those guys, cuz of their age----I was just "playin'-along".....

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 1:16 pm

Chichikov wrote:

This is insane, do you realize that this supports the OP's theory?

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 1:28 pm

I'm attracted to those with creative photos, unique styles, individuality, etc.

The first guy has no idea how to take a proper profile photo that reveals his face. The fact that he's sitting in his car for a profile photo suggests insecurity; he values his material possessions more than himself. But at least he has a real career and appears to be somewhat "driven"..haha.

The second guy has the trendiest looking appearance I can imagine, almost like he's posing for an Abercrombie & Fitch advertisement. He seems to be trying really hard to fit in. He gives the impression of a bland, typical suburbanite who is doing nothing interesting with his life. Working at a bar and having no education are big turn-offs for me.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 1:49 pm

I wouldn't even WANT to date the guy in that article (the article that Boo called insane), let-alone RESPOND to him, cuz I'd figure he was stuck on himself----and, after reading a few of the girls' responses (couldn't stomach, more than a few), I thought: "Good God----what trash" (meaning, the GIRLS were trashy)! !

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:02 pm

Syd wrote:

The first guy has no idea how to take a proper profile photo that reveals his face. The fact that he's sitting in his car for a profile photo suggests insecurity; he values his material possessions more than himself. But at least he has a real career and appears to be somewhat "driven"..haha.

The second guy has the trendiest looking appearance I can imagine, almost like he's posing for an Abercrombie & Fitch advertisement. He seems to be trying really hard to fit in. He gives the impression of a bland, typical suburbanite who is doing nothing interesting with his life. Working at a bar and having no education are big turn-offs for me.

It's hilarious to me that you're barely commenting on their looks. You're just saying they're bad at taking pictures, materialistic or uneducated, and then assume a few character traits based off of that.

None of these 2 men are bad looking. That they're not your cup of tea I understand, but saying women have low standards is just so incredibly untrue.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:05 pm

Chichikov wrote:

Wow those women are disgusting, but it doesn't suprise me at all.

Alot of women were obsessed with ted bundy. (serial killer).

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:12 pm

Syd wrote:

You said a lot better what I was trying to say. I mean the guy is sitting in his car and it's just silly. He looks ridiculous.

Besides, when I actually look at the first guy carefully, he's way above average with a cleft chin and looks really good in those glasses. He's actually cute. The second guy is gorgeous but not actually *that* much more attractive than the first guy..and there's something about those glasses that'd make me prefer the first guy (if he wasn't freakin taking a picture of himself sitting in a freakin Ferrari).

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:13 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Chichikov wrote:

Wow those women are disgusting, but it doesn't suprise me at all.

Alot of women were obsessed with ted bundy. (serial killer).

There's alot of women, like that, out there----I've never understood it!! Hey, maybe THAT'S the answer, end-up in JAIL, and you all will have all the dates you want----'course, it depends-on the crime, it seems; you can't get dates by stealing a Twinkie, from the corner drugstore----you have to have sliced-and-diced somebody, it seems. LOL

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 5:03 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Syd wrote:

It's hilarious to me that you're barely commenting on their looks. You're just saying they're bad at taking pictures, materialistic or uneducated, and then assume a few character traits based off of that.

None of these 2 men are bad looking. That they're not your cup of tea I understand, but saying women have low standards is just so incredibly untrue.

It's funny how some women assume a whole biography and a whole armchair psychoanalysis based on a photo.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 5:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It's funny how some women assume a whole biography and a whole armchair psychoanalysis based on a photo.

Yep, I can imagine that's at least ONE of the reasons why women are so often called "too emotional"----and, I agree with that (that alot of us women can be too emotional). I've often wished I could be a person who doesn't put alot of analysis into things / people----but alas, I've never learned how.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 5:34 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yep, I can imagine that's at least ONE of the reasons why women are so often called "too emotional"----and, I agree with that (that alot of us women can be too emotional). I've often wished I could be a person who doesn't put alot of analysis into things / people----but alas, I've never learned how.

It's not about being too emotional, it's about being judgemental.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 5:39 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes, but I feel that goes hand-in-hand----if we weren't too emotional (and, I'm including myself, in this), I'm thinking we wouldn't be so judgmental.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 5:50 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes, but I feel that goes hand-in-hand----if we weren't too emotional (and, I'm including myself, in this), I'm thinking we wouldn't be so judgmental.

Probably, I can see that.