Friends zone and not understanding women

Page 6 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

justjelliot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2011, 9:46 am

Gwenwyn wrote:
Just out of curiousity, if you don't tell them they need to tell you its okay to make a move, how should they know thats what they must do? Women cannot read mens minds either, whatever media may imply.

Hmmm and the 'I like you - now what' - I don't know why that didn't work. Were the answers unclear? Were the answers the usual vague 'I like you as a friend'?

Wow. You bring up a good point. I kinda figured NT's know these things already, but you make it pretty clear it won't work that way. Maybe at some point I should say, 'I have a hard time reading non-verbal language, so it helps me a lot if you don't hint at things non-verbally and just say them' or something like that. I can even avoid an admission of Aspies if I say it right.

http://aspiespy.blogspot.com/

justjelliot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2011, 9:48 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
justjelliot wrote:
I have said before 'I like you. Now what?'

That kind of rocks, actually. :!:
If only the whole world were so blunt.

Ha, yeah, I did this a time or two in high school. Everyone else thought I was crazy, showing my cards like that. I thought it made sense to just be honest, and since I didn't know how to play the social card game, just show them. Most girls were far too surprised and taken off guard to respond. I wasn't going to say this over an email or instant messenger, so I did it face to face.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm

justjelliot wrote:
I thought it made sense to just be honest

I wasn't going to say this over an email or instant messenger, so I did it face to face.

Gah! We need our own planet where that's the norm. :D

to his Interest."

justjelliot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2011, 9:17 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
justjelliot wrote:
I thought it made sense to just be honest

I wasn't going to say this over an email or instant messenger, so I did it face to face.

Gah! We need our own planet where that's the norm. :D

Hehe, check out the link in my signature. I'm starting a new blog on my life as a spy for Aspergia. It's as if I was a deep cover, sleeper cell, for 25 years. I don't mean the humans harm, I simply wish to understand them, as I am stuck on their planet.

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2011, 11:30 am

RICKY5 wrote:
Adam82 wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:

But the idea of me dying alone as an old man never having a wife/children and my entire romantic life having consisted of one night visits to hookers is just plain sad :(

Same here. That's just pathetic. Having to pay someone. I want someone who wants me for me.

Everyone pays for it. Everyone wants something from someone. It is how humans are wired.

Very true,no denying that we all use other people in our day to day lives.We might not want to admit it or even realize we're doing it,but that is human nature.
With that said let me point out that the idea of paying for the sex is not necessarily the issue here.I've been tempted several times to go for it with a pro just to see how the experience feels.I guess it's mainly my desire to please God that keeps me from doing it though.

No..the main issue is that while I do want my personal space I also desire to have a good long term relationship and children of my own.guess you might say that although I don't let it out all the time my biggest inner need is love and affection.Unlike some potential Aspies I love the thought of hugging a woman tightly and snuggling for hours in the bed and couch.I love the thought of kissing licking,and exploring every bit of her body to bring her to ecstasy.Dealing out affection and attention definitely ain't the problem for me.It's the fact that when I'm put in a social environment I either feel really nervous or my brain shuts down from sensory over load.My idea of 'getting to know' a girl is having a one on one talk in some calm un social setting like in the woods.

Maybe if I can ever find a girl that shares the same qualities things will be better for me.Meeting at big gatherings and social events just doesn't seem to be my thing.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
Adam82 wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:

But the idea of me dying alone as an old man never having a wife/children and my entire romantic life having consisted of one night visits to hookers is just plain sad :(

Same here. That's just pathetic. Having to pay someone. I want someone who wants me for me.

Everyone pays for it. Everyone wants something from someone. It is how humans are wired.

Very true,no denying that we all use other people in our day to day lives.We might not want to admit it or even realize we're doing it,but that is human nature.
With that said let me point out that the idea of paying for the sex is not necessarily the issue here.I've been tempted several times to go for it with a pro just to see how the experience feels.I guess it's mainly my desire to please God that keeps me from doing it though.

No..the main issue is that while I do want my personal space I also desire to have a good long term relationship and children of my own.guess you might say that although I don't let it out all the time my biggest inner need is love and affection.Unlike some potential Aspies I love the thought of hugging a woman tightly and snuggling for hours in the bed and couch.I love the thought of kissing licking,and exploring every bit of her body to bring her to ecstasy.Dealing out affection and attention definitely ain't the problem for me.It's the fact that when I'm put in a social environment I either feel really nervous or my brain shuts down from sensory over load.My idea of 'getting to know' a girl is having a one on one talk in some calm un social setting like in the woods.

Maybe if I can ever find a girl that shares the same qualities things will be better for me.Meeting at big gatherings and social events just doesn't seem to be my thing.

Take the red pill... 8)

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

RICKY5 wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
Adam82 wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:

Take the red pill... 8)

Will it kill me?
that wasn't the exact solution I was looking for :(

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 9:34 pm

gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
Adam82 wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:

Take the red pill... 8)

Will it kill me?

It sets you free and clarifies things.

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2011, 9:53 am

RICKY5 wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
Adam82 wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:

Take the red pill... 8)

Will it kill me?

It sets you free and clarifies things.

Believe me...if there was a pill that could at least temporarily release me from these kind of feelings I would take it.

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 9:39 am

gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
Take the red pill... 8)

Will it kill me?

It's a reference to the film The Matrix.

justjelliot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2011, 11:00 am

CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
Take the red pill... 8)

Will it kill me?

I can't tell you the number of times I find red and blue pills in all matters of life, and wish I could just live a lie that I fully believe. I think Cypher had it right, ignorance is bliss.

On a side note, can anyone believe The Matrix came out TWO decades ago?

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2011, 12:27 pm

CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
Take the red pill... 8)

Will it kill me?

Lol..yeah I know.
I was just playing around with RICKY5 a bit ;)

justjelliot wrote:
I can't tell you the number of times I find red and blue pills in all matters of life, and wish I could just live a lie that I fully believe. I think Cypher had it right, ignorance is bliss.

I don't think it's been quite that long yet.
If I remember quickly the first movie came out in either 1997 or 1999

justjelliot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2011, 12:41 pm

gtw1983 wrote:
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
Take the red pill... 8)

Will it kill me?

Lol..yeah I know.

justjelliot wrote:

Well, maybe not 20 years, but it wasn't in the 2000-2010 decade, or in 2011-2020 decade, it was 1999.

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2011, 1:04 pm

justjelliot wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
Take the red pill... 8)

Will it kill me?

Lol..yeah I know.

justjelliot wrote:

Well, maybe not 20 years, but it wasn't in the 2000-2010 decade, or in 2011-2020 decade, it was 1999.

Oh ok...I see what ya meant now :wtg:

youcameandchanged
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2018, 8:29 am

viewtopic.php?t=363455&p=8096331

Old AF, but I'm too bashful to post a new thread of my own.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2018, 8:52 am

The only aspie guys I know i'm friends with. One of them told me once that he had feelings for me but I was very surprised because he'd never even tried to make a move at me. This is very common with aspergers I think based on all aspies that I have met including myself. If you don't make a move the girl is gonna assume you're not interested in her and move on, but she might still stay friends with you if you're a really good friend.

I, as a woman, have this problem too. I can't tell when the moment is right for making a move or wether the other person would like me to or not so out of respect I don't do anything, and also because I couldn't take the awkwardness if he didn't think the timing was right. In past relationships it was my exes who made the first move but it took much longer than it would probably take for most people because they were so careful, unsure of wether I was truly interested or not because I don't flirt or touch the guy I like a lot like NT girls do.

Aspies I think are often very neutral in their emotions, we're hard to read and that complicates dating. If you get a date - give the girl compliments and give her a kiss at the end of the date if you can tell that she had a fun time.

Us women won't tell you what is okay to do. Asking "can I kiss you" or her going "you can kiss me now" ruins the moment. It's only exciting and romantic if it happens on its own, asking would kill the moment instantly. Usually though if you ask someone on a date and she keeps saying yes to new dates she IS interested so USE that and make a move. It's pretty simple. If someone isn't into you they won't agree to date and if you ask someone on dates but don't do anything it's insulting.