Yes most women have a strong preference for tall men 32%  32%  [ 7 ]
No women dont care about height unless you are very short 68%  68%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 22

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 12:40 pm

magz wrote:
Scent is the most important physical factor.
When the scent is okay, non-physical factors matter.

Pheromones that are attractive to a woman are correlated with good health, strong immune system, and handsomeness (symmetry).

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2021, 12:44 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Pheromones that are attractive to a woman are correlated with good health, strong immune system, and handsomeness (symmetry).

And genetic compatibility indicating chances for healthy offspring. The most repulsive man scent to me is my brother's.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 5:11 pm

magz wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

And genetic compatibility indicating chances for healthy offspring. The most repulsive man scent to me is my brother's.

Nah, we’re not cats.

Your brother just stinks.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Oct 2021, 4:51 am

:cat: Meow?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 10:14 am

I’m 5’7”, my younger brother is 5’10”. He has a girlfriend, I don’t.

#palestinianlivesmatter

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 12:09 pm

At age 30, I was a little under 6', 6" in the morning (198cm).
I would assume that I've shrunk a bit since then.
I think this places me in the 99.9th percentile range in the USA.
It is likely due to undiagnosed Marfan's Syndrome.

My impression is that tall men have a VERY significant advantage, and can "get away with" having shortcomings in other respects, compared to a shorter guy.

I've heard too many stories from short guys lamenting the many times that they've been passed by JUST because of their height to imagine that being of shorter stature is not a real, significantly inhibiting factor in many dating situations.

Obviously, there are exceptions, and some women will profess (and may even mean it) that they find shorter men to be just fine. But if you want to take a realistic view of the dating prospects of shorter men, especially in a "swipe right" dating culture, then this is something that can't be ignored.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 12:21 pm

6', 6" is impressive. I rarely see anybody that tall. that's like a basketball player. I don't know what a women would make of that, though. You're verging on giant territory.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 1:00 pm

I'm only 5 foot 4 3/4, 164 cms. I've been rejected because of my height----but that's been rare.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 1:03 pm

GadgetGuru wrote:

Do you get taller or shorter as the day goes on?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 1:06 pm

Well I'm 5 foot 6 and my lover is about 5 foot 7.

I think that's perfect for copulation and kissing at the same time. And also for lots of other sexy activities.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 1:23 pm

babybird wrote:
GadgetGuru wrote:

Do you get taller or shorter as the day goes on?

The only reason I know I was that height, at that age, in the morning, is because my girlfriend at that time (and also my first-ever GF, when we met at age 30) suspected that the 6'4" figure I had put in my Match.com profile was inaccurate.

I only put that in the profile because that was the figure on my driver's license, no doubt gleaned from some measurement I had overheard in a doctor's office in my mid teens. I had never bothered to check later until she suggested that we should do so.

So, a series of accurate measurements later, we determined that I was 6' 5-3/4" in the morning, and 6' 5-1/4" in the evening before bed. Gravity causes the cartilage between spinal segments to compress during the day, and then they relax and "grow" back at night, when one is (usually) horizontal.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 1:27 pm

babybird wrote:
Well I'm 5 foot 6 and my lover is about 5 foot 7.

I think that's perfect for copulation and kissing at the same time. And also for lots of other sexy activities.

Yes, I discovered to my chagrin that 6'6" + 5'7" does not (easily) equal "69"
:D

Wornhat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2021, 1:30 pm

babybird wrote:
Well for most people the first impression you see is the outward physicality of a person so maybe height, a good head of hair and a good set if teeth would perhaps win over a short, bald man with bad teeth.

That's human nature. I think it's darwinism.

I agree with you. I think height is typically a superior evolutionary advantage, and thus I think height is desirable in ensuring the futures of the offspring. But what is equally or more important than physical attributes is the actually upbringing of the children. A man that is well groomed, with good teeth, shows that he can care for himself and thus may be suitable for fulfilling his job of rearing them into equally or more successful adults.

But we’re living in a society where our ideas of what makes a good mate aren’t entirely our ideas. They’re dictated by the words in the music we listen to, and we’re tuned by the magazine covers that we stare at while waiting for our turn in the check out line at the store. Many of us are confused as to what beauty is, and we think beauty is what we’re told it is (when beauty is between you and Reality, not between you and magazine editors).

I believe that above all else, it’s confidence that wins over all other attributes. But genuine confidence is very difficult, almost as difficult as genuine humility. So good luck pretending you’re confident folks, practice makes perfect

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 1:44 pm

theprisoner wrote:
6', 6" is impressive. I rarely see anybody that tall. that's like a basketball player. I don't know what a women would make of that, though. You're verging on giant territory.

I think I'm probably a bit into the "Hmm, not sure that's not TOO tall" territory for at least some women. Back when I was on dating sites, and could see the "preferred height range of a partner", I would VERY often find myself outside of that range. How much this affected the way the site's matching algorithms may have excluded me as a possible match for shorter women, I don't know. I certainly got comments about this issue on occasion, though rarely if ever negative comments.

Before I started dating at age 30, I was obviously very aware that I was much taller than average, but I don't think I really viewed it as a positive, necessarily, since the very few comments I would overhear would usually be something in the "look at the freak" vein (at least according to my ability to interpret the meaning behind the words).

Once I started dating and realized that my height was VERY noticeable and generally thought of as a positive trait, I took that on as useful information. On a date with the third woman I ever dated (at about age 38), we were in a conversation that ended up touching on the subject of height, and she remarked something like "Oh, I guess you're pretty tall, aren't you? Something like 6'2"?".

That kinda shook me a bit, since to every other woman, my height as noted in my profile was probably indelibly printed on their synapses, and this one didn't seem to really care at all. She was 5'7", as I recall (and absolutely drop-dead gorgeous). A few years later when I learned of the whole "Asperger's" thing, I discounted it as being not particularly meaningful for myself (dumb-ass!), but retroactively "diagnosed" her as Autistic, since she seemed to show a lot of the traits I had learned about.

I wonder, then, how a poll of Autistic "straight" women would compare to straight NT women regarding their opinions of how they see height in men as being a strong factor in choosing a partner?

Given that Autistic women MAY be more natively willing/able to be honest, that may badly skew the results...

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 1:47 pm

The thing is though, everyone's more or less the same height when they're sat down so if you was in a pub or bar and everyone's sat around tables or what ever; how can you tell how tall they are?

I once had a manager who had dwarfism and he was really good looking and had a fantastic personality and if we was all sat around a table in the pub you wouldn't even know he was a dwarf unless you looked under the table or until he got up to go to the bathroom.

Wornhat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2021, 1:53 pm

GadgetGuru, what you’re saying seems to be a common experience. Other very tall, 6’5”+ people have echoed similar sentiments. I think it’s generally more desirable in most aspects to be of such an extraordinary height, and I think the ribbing you receive comes from 5’10” winners like myself who attempt to belittle you in a form of self-approval. But I don’t think when someone of shorter or average height ribs a legend such as yourself, we don’t consciously mean to shame, but it’s just a part of the game we subconsciously play to attempt to leverage ourselves over others, at least in our own minds. But I think it is generally a very desirable trait in the eyes of women to have superior height, though I don’t think that specific trait is as desirable as confidence in itself.

I remember hearing that with frogs that croak during their mating routines, the female certainly isn’t looking for the mate with the most high pitched croak and she isn’t looking for the one with the deepest croak. They’re calculating the average, and it’s the croaks that are in the middle of the spectrum that they prefer. I think this happens in humans as well, with height and other attributes. I think that’s a way that the species helps self regulate itself and prevent unnatural spikes in either direction in the vast genetic layout. But beyond that, i see very few reasons why height isn’t going to always be superior (though certainly not in all circumstances).