60% of men are single but only 34% of women are so…

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 12:46 am

… in America according to a Pew Research.

The math doesn’t add up, unless there’s a lot polygyny* going or a sudden increase of female homosexuality/bisexuality.

https://scrippsnews.com/amp/stories/stu ... re-single/

*or a lot of males are cheating, but wouldn’t be that scale of cheating unsustainable?

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 03 Mar 2023, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 1:13 am

but what is to say those 60% or men are deserving of a gf. Like say your stats are correct, is it possible there is some reason for this. Like why is this 60% of men being rejected and what can they do to improve their chances if that really is the case. Idk what do you suggest??

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 1:28 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
but what is to say those 60% or men are deserving of a gf. Like say your stats are correct, is it possible there is some reason for this. Like why is this 60% of men being rejected and what can they do to improve their chances if that really is the case. Idk what do you suggest??

Or another theory: maybe because many women are becoming picker (ie. due to apps like tinder and okc) and willing to share an alpha with other women perhaps?

Why it should always be about « men are not offering enough »? ;)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 1:37 am

and there may be another explanation:
Women’s definition of relationship may differ from men’s; maybe for women any kind sexual or/and romantic activity with a man they equate it to a relationship; while for those same men maybe it’s just… sports.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 1:40 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
but what is to say those 60% or men are deserving of a gf.

What must men be or do to be deserving of a gf in your view?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 1:43 am

If the stats are true, who the remaining 66% of women are dating? :|, at least 26% are sharing… men.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 03 Mar 2023, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 1:45 am

from what i've read there is a lot of sharing going on in both directions.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 1:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
from what i've read there is a lot of sharing going on in both directions.

Certainly not equal in both directions.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 1:49 am

what i meant to say is that the alpha males are passing the women around to their buddies [like what the kennedys did with marilyn] and the women are sharing "their" BF with other women.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 1:57 am

« Hey Jenny, can you pass me your boyfriend please? »
« Thanks, now pass me the bbq sauce».

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 2:25 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Or another theory: maybe because many women are becoming picker (ie. due to apps like tinder and okc) and willing to share an alpha with other women perhaps?

Why it should always be about « men are not offering enough »? ;)

I do not think it should be about that, as sometimes women also do not offer enouh either way just odd that no one wants to read a profile about someone before deciding to talk to theem or not and its just all photo swiping, I guess that does seem kind of sad I guess I used dating sites at the last end of profile looking rather than just swiping on pictures being the way to go.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 2:27 am

The linked article is about a survey of men and women ages 18-29 -- NOT men and women in general!

Given the age range, and given that heterosexual men tend to prefer younger women whereas heterosexual women tend to prefer older men, the study's results are no surprise.

So, no, the results do not need to be explained by polygyny, "hypergamy," etc.

I'm sure there's much less of a gap in older age groups. In older age groups, there is much more likely to be a shortage of men, if anything.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 03 Mar 2023, 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 2:45 am

one word....hypergamy

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 2:47 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

There was a comedian who said asking a woman about how to get a date is like a fisherman asking a fish what's the best way to catch them.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 2:47 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
The linked article is about a survey of men and women ages 18-29 -- NOT men and women in general!

Given the age range, and given that heterosexual men tend to prefer younger women whereas heterosexual women tend to prefer older men, the study's results are no surprise.

So, no, the results do not need to be explained by polygyny, etc.

I'm sure there's much less of a gap in older age groups. In older age groups, there is much more likely to be a shortage of men, if anything.

This article (based on the same study) https://nypost.com/2023/02/23/6-out-of- ... s-why/amp/
shows a significant increase of singlehood between 2019 and 2022 in young men but not in young women, so no Mona, it is not « only an age range » matter.

Also in the bottom of that same article, the gap persists (to lesser %) till age 49.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 2:55 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Uhh the way I put that might be a bit unfair, but idk before I met my boyfriend I got led on a bunch, so I suppose I feel some people may say they want a relationship but they don't actually want to when it comes to it, so I just woner if any portion of those 60% males include the ones that ghost women as soon as they want something more serious than a one night stand.

But yeah idk there are for sure women who lead guys on to, so sorry if I came off as only carig about guys leading girls on, it for sure happens the other way to.