Reasons women do not date us!

Page 11 of 57 [ 901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 57  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 9:56 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
^ People so often go wrong by thinking it IS a numbers game. That’s not how it works unless by “numbers” you mean making an optimal number of women uncomfortable.

It's like mining for gold. if for example you rely on your local church there is a very high chance are you arent going to find your soulmate.

But if you go to a public place like a major shopping mall and randomly strike up a conversation with different women you are getting a cross-section of the available population and while your success rate is likely to be low, you are going to strike gold eventually. Law of averages. You just need to be prepared to be embarrassed.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:01 pm

A reason why some women don't date men is because they don't feel they are compatible with the man they do not want to date.

For example, there might be political differences, or religious differences, or other value system differences that might make a man seem unappealing or even undateable to a woman.

Some women have high or specific standards also, and aren't willing to date someone that doesn't meet a certain set of criteria.

Sometimes women don't date men because they don't find them to be physically attractive.

And other times there is no emotional connection.

There can be lots of reasons why women do not date men, in answer to the thread topic/title.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:03 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
^ People so often go wrong by thinking it IS a numbers game. That’s not how it works unless by “numbers” you mean making an optimal number of women uncomfortable.

It's like mining for gold. if for example you rely on your local church there is a very high chance are you arent going to find your soulmate.

But if you go to a public place like a major shopping mall and randomly strike up a conversation with different women you are getting a cross-section of the available population and while your success rate is likely to be low, you are going to strike gold eventually. Law of averages. You just need to be prepared to be embarrassed.

It’s nothing like mining for gold. Women are people, not a type of metal. :?

You do realize that I’m a woman, right? When my friends and I are at a mall, the last thing we want is to be approached by some guy we don’t know. It’s creepy. The cold approach almost never works. If someone wants to improve their chances, they need to try something else.

The law of averages isn’t applicable either. All methods aren’t created equal. Some will have about a 0% success rate. Time and energy would be better spent following UCD’s advice.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:06 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
You do realize that I’m a woman, right? When my friends and I are at a mall, the last thing we want is to be approached by some guy we don’t know. It’s creepy. The cold approach almost never works. If someone wants to improve their chances, they need to try something else.

Of course I am talking about women who reciprocate, I don't mean harassing somebody who gives you the cold shoulder or makes it clear they are not interested or do not want to be disturbed. Certainly wouldnt approach a group of married looking women.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:06 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
A reason why some women don't date men is because they don't feel they are compatible with the man they do not want to date.

For example, there might be political differences, or religious differences, or other value system differences that might make a man seem unappealing or even undateable to a woman.

Some women have high or specific standards also, and aren't willing to date someone that doesn't meet a certain set of criteria.

Sometimes women don't date men because they don't find them to be physically attractive.

There can be lots of reasons why women do not date men, in answer to the thread topic/title.

The list is going to be a lot longer than this....

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:07 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
The law of averages isn’t applicable either. All methods aren’t created equal. Some will have about a 0% success rate. Time and energy would be better spent following UCD’s advice.

Sometimes you have to have a go - oldschool.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:08 pm

Randomly strike up a conversation based on what?

"Hello. I noticed you seem to be shopping for socks. I really like socks. I'm wearing some now!"

:roll:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:08 pm

cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I know. It wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:09 pm

Oh c'mon! all of you read romantic novels.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:09 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I know. It wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list. 8)

it's going to be the opposite of the old Paul Simon song - 1001 ways to say no to a guy

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:12 pm

cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I'll hazard a guess that it's the same length as the list of reasons why some men might not date some women.
Likewise with the reasons some LGBTQ people might not date other LGBTQ people.
It's not "high standards" to only date the people you choose to date.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Randomly strike up a conversation based on what?

"Hello. I noticed you seem to be shopping for socks. I really like socks. I'm wearing some now!"

:roll:

Or....

"Hello, I noticed you are shopping for socks. I'd like to.... remove your socks. *cue sensual music*

Girl, if I could even smell your socks, my life would be complete.

I haven't even lived without your socks in my life."

:lol:

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 02 Apr 2024, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

Of course I am talking about women who reciprocate, I don't mean harassing somebody who gives you the cold shoulder or makes it clear they are not interested or do not want to be disturbed. Certainly wouldnt approach a group of married looking women.

I don’t ”look” married, whatever that’s supposed to mean. :? I’m sick of guys harassing me when I want to be left alone and a lot of other women are too. I can’t even go for a walk without being catcalled or beeped at, and I’m not even attractive. JFC.

At any rate, your “method” almost never works, and it would be very easy for someone without excellent social skills to come off as creepy, especially individuals who had problems with that in the past.

People need to ditch the cold approach, pursue personal growth, and look for more natural opportunities to get to know people as friends.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 02 Apr 2024, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Do you mean Romantic?
There's a difference.

I actually prefer Gothic lit.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:

What do you mean by “romantic novels?” :?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:26 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

What do you mean by “romantic novels?” :?

They all have random meetings by fate/chance. Women find that highly romantic.