Reasons women do not date us!

Page 12 of 57 [ 901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 57  Next

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:27 pm

Yes that is how it is done!

Most romantic relationships start with 2 people who are friends first then that eventually develops into a deeper relationship

Friendship is the starting point!! !

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Oh c'mon! all of you read romantic novels.

What do you mean by “romantic novels?” :?

They all have random meetings by fate/chance. Women find that highly romantic.

Another sexist generalization. The simple fact that I have a vagina says nothing about my taste in literature.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:28 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I don’t ”look” married, whatever that’s supposed to mean. :? I’m sick of guys harassing me when I want to be left alone and a lot of other women are too. I can’t even go for a walk without being catcalled or beeped at, and I’m not even attractive. JFC.

At any rate, your “method” almost never works, and it would be very easy for someone without excellent social skills to come off as creepy, especially individuals who had problems with that in the past.

People need to ditch the cold approach, pursue personal growth, and look for more natural opportunities to get to know people as friends.

I think if its done in a friendly way and so long as the man can pick up the early cues they are infringing on personal space/privacy. Yes of course, I wouldn't want men trying to chat up my daughter. Fortunately she is the obstinate type.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:29 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
Yes that is how it is done!

Most romantic relationships start with 2 people who are friends first then that eventually develops into a deeper relationship

Friendship is the starting point!! !

And how are you going to make a friend without first saying "hello"?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Another sexist generalization. The simple fact that I have a vagina says nothing about my taste in literature.

82% of romance novel readers are women, and 18% are men. 45% of romance readers have a college degree.
https://sweetsavageflame.com/link-40-ro ... tics-2023/

I rest my case

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
I don’t ”look” married, whatever that’s supposed to mean. :? I’m sick of guys harassing me when I want to be left alone and a lot of other women are too. I can’t even go for a walk without being catcalled or beeped at, and I’m not even attractive. JFC.

At any rate, your “method” almost never works, and it would be very easy for someone without excellent social skills to come off as creepy, especially individuals who had problems with that in the past.

People need to ditch the cold approach, pursue personal growth, and look for more natural opportunities to get to know people as friends.

I think if its done in a friendly way and so long as the man can pick up the early cues they are infringing on personal space/privacy. Yes of course, I wouldn't want men trying to chat up my daughter.
Many men are not good at picking up on those things, especially men who struggle with social skills. It’s best not to try it and to go with other methods instead.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:32 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Many men are not good at picking up on those things, especially men who struggle with social skills. It’s best not to try it and to go with other methods instead.

Agreed

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:33 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

82% of romance novel readers are women, and 18% are men. 45% of romance readers have a college degree.

I rest my case

It’s still a sexist generalization because you assumed that Isabella and I read them. Note that it doesn’t say that 82% of women read romance novels. Even if it said that, that’s not all women. :? I have a college degree but that doesn’t mean anything in this context either.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:35 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
It’s still a sexist generalization because you assumed that Isabella and I read them. Note that it doesn’t say that 82% of women read romance novels. Even if it said that, that’s not all women. :? I have a college degree but that doesn’t mean anything in this context either.

Are you saying you or Isabella have never read a romance novel?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I rest my case

Meeting by chance isn't the same as having some rando wanna smell your socks.

And also, what TP said.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

The closest I can think of one was Judy Blume's Summer Sisters, which is lesbian.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

It doesn’t matter if we have or haven’t. Frankly, it’s none of your damn business. It has nothing to do with the original post or the current discussion.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 02 Apr 2024, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:38 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Meeting by chance isn't the same as having some rando wanna smell your socks.

And also, what TP said.

"And though finds your attire most compelling, may one take but a sniff of your apparel"....no it doesn't sound very appealing does it...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:41 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

It doesn’t matter if we have or haven’t. Frankly, it’s none of your damn business. It has nothing to do with the original post or the current discussion.

You inserted yourself into this conversation when you said you hate being harrassed by strange men. I never meant you or Isabella as the subject matter but (as usual) you want to be front and centre

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

You inserted yourself into this conversation when you said you hate being harrassed by strange men. I never meant you or Isabella as the subject matter but (as usual) you want to be front and centre

Members can participate in any threads they want to on WP unless there’s a new rule I don’t know about. Participating in threads doesn’t mean that we have to divulge our reading lists unless that’s also a new rule I don’t know about.

Sharing concerns about harassment was extremely relevant to the current discussion, especially since, in past threads, Jamesy had concerns about that which I won’t discuss further here.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 02 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I also think your advice is good. But keep in mind, dating is also a numbers game. If you are not pro-active then you are relying on a smaller sample size which is low stakes. Approaching multiple women is going to make you look sleazy and a loser to most, but there will always be a few who will talk to you and give you their phone number.

Finding a partner is absolutely NOT a numbers game. You are only looking for ONE person. You will meet that person most likely in a way that is organic. For instance they are a friend of a friend, or you go to the same church or another social or community group, or there is some other connection that is natural, like work. That not only makes the meeting not feel forced but also comes with a built in commonality. (I'm using the generic "you." I know (I think?) you are already married.)