A Self-Made-Man girl discovers that life as a man is harder

Page 9 of 19 [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 2:06 am

goofygoobers wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Nah, it's because "You're a gold-digging liar with a hive mentality who has life on easy mode and will probably hit me or at least be verbally abusive. WHY DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS?" is not really the best pick-up line.

Yeah, ladies REALLY like that! :roll: *sarcasm*

Insulting women all the time isn't going to attract them. In fact, it'll do the exact opposite. I mean, I understand people need to vent, but you don't have to act like a misogynist. All you're doing is making things worse, not better. Relationships come from a place of love and acceptance, not prejudice and disgust.

Why do gender-related discussions like this always have to be some sort of battle? Every gender has its stereotypes and issues, and no one is better than the other.

Well yeah it's like a lot of guys want some special right to talk crap about women they want sex with.....as if its ok when they do it but wrong if anyone else does. Or they think they are entitled to sex and the woman 'owes' it to them for giving them a nice night when they made no such obligation about future relations and may have dropped many hints that they 'HAVE NO INTErESt' rather than always assuming any woman who says 'hi' and wears something you find hot is pre-occupied with your balls that is all. Crap wait, I may have forgot to wrap that all up in cotton whool.......

tombo12boar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jul 2015, 2:55 am

[quote="nurseangela"Have any of the men here tried to understand women at all? Read any books on the subject of women?[/quote]

Personally, I would not read books by women if I was in another relationship, because I don't believe most people are able to be honest about what they want. Most of the female friends I've hung out in my life have flirted with men by doing a kind of mock-aggression, mock-teasing and play-fighting, and responded to men who do this act back, yet I've found very few women who are prepared to talk about this honestly - in books, on forums, or in life.

And when I've dated women with emotional problems they were very inconsistent and confusing - like saying "when I'm in a depression just be strong and hug me, don't worry if I don't reciprocate, just be strong for me" then when I hug them in a down time they push me off screaming "I told you never to touch me when I'm like this" etc.

So, If I was going into the world of flirting again, I would read books by people who have successfully flirted with women, and If I was in a relationship, I would read books by people who have made relationships with women work, not books by women themselves. Not because I think women are purposefully deceitful, but I think we all have blind spots when it comes to ourselves flirting and attraction, and things which are too embarrassing or subliminal too talk about openly - Like why most people flirt with play-fighting and jokey arguements.

So I never agree with that "if you want to know what women want, ask them", stuff.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 4:45 am

nurseangela wrote:
You know this whole thread is a waste of time because the argument of who's got things worse - men or women- has gone on for decades. One side is never going to agree with ANYTHING the other side says, so why discuss it? Whatever one side says then the other side must have it worse. (That kinda sounds like how a narcissist thinks) All I know is what I have to deal with as a woman and I can either complain about it or decide to play the game. Right now, I decided that I'm not playing the game because I don't have the time.

I did at one time actually want to know more about men - I read the "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus", "Why Men and Women Act Like They Do", and this book too that this thread was started about. Have any of the men here tried to understand women at all? Read any books on the subject of women?

Norah knows well who has it harder :-), especially in dating, she experienced both sides.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 4:47 am

tombo12boar wrote:
[quote="nurseangela"Have any of the men here tried to understand women at all? Read any books on the subject of women?

Personally, I would not read books by women if I was in another relationship, because I don't believe most people are able to be honest about what they want. Most of the female friends I've hung out in my life have flirted with men by doing a kind of mock-aggression, mock-teasing and play-fighting, and responded to men who do this act back, yet I've found very few women who are prepared to talk about this honestly - in books, on forums, or in life.

And when I've dated women with emotional problems they were very inconsistent and confusing - like saying "when I'm in a depression just be strong and hug me, don't worry if I don't reciprocate, just be strong for me" then when I hug them in a down time they push me off screaming "I told you never to touch me when I'm like this" etc.

So, If I was going into the world of flirting again, I would read books by people who have successfully flirted with women, and If I was in a relationship, I would read books by people who have made relationships with women work, not books by women themselves. Not because I think women are purposefully deceitful, but I think we all have blind spots when it comes to ourselves flirting and attraction, and things which are too embarrassing or subliminal too talk about openly - Like why most people flirt with play-fighting and jokey arguements.

So I never agree with that "if you want to know what women want, ask them", stuff.[/quote]

Yes, observe them, don't ask them.

tombo12boar

17 Jul 2015, 5:44 am

to be fair though, the threat of assault/stalking probably cancels out being bored by women's bad social skills or the horribleness of judged by your wealth or toughness, though I do think those are genuinely miserable things for male aspies to deal with in dating.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 6:33 am

I am bored of this off topic, let's go to something more fun.

American ladies, you still didn't explain to me about this toilet
lid drama - how comes you fall in? :lol:

jadw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2015, 6:39 am

If I had the option, I would have been a woman. If the worst of my frustration and troubles only ever happened once a month, it would be like paradise. Sadly, white society favour women over men and that's the way it is. What I would like is a society where we are classed as citizens, not as 'boys and girls', where there are no gender roles (except mating) and the difference between being male or female is the same difference between having green eyes or blue eyes.

>And when I've dated women with emotional problems they were very inconsistent and confusing - like saying "when I'm in a depression just be strong and hug me, don't worry if I don't reciprocate, just be strong for me" then when I hug them in a down time they push me off screaming "I told you never to touch me when I'm like this" etc.

She does this because she doesn't think logically - rather, she only thinks about how she feels at the moment. When you get used to someone who is inconsistent and doesn't know what they actually want, you have to stop trusting what she says and act according to what she does.

This is all there ever was all along...

When the fog clears and the clouds disappear
We will see with clarity, this is what remains here
You are all that I have now, you are all that I miss
Since when did we need more to life than this?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 8:24 am

nurseangela wrote:
You know that is a deal breaker that I forgot to add in my list. If I decide to date an Aspie guy, I expect him to learn all he can about NT women. I don't think that's too much to ask. Hmm.
Yet, when a man learns through direct observation in a stimulus-response context all he can about women in general - and NT women in particular - he gets told by those same women that his observations are not just invalid, but rude and insulting.

It's almost as if those women are more interested in the attention they receive from men than in letting those men learn the truth about them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 8:29 am

Women REALLY don't like it when a man states that he "understands" her.

They always say, "You'll never understand ME; don't even try!"

Women enjoy having an aura of mystery about them.

And what's wrong with that? It's natural, really.

On the Toilet Seat front: Guys, why don't you just put the seat down? It would save lots of nagging! :wink:

I could dig the part about having "good aim," too.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 8:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
... Guys, why don't you just put the seat down? ...
Ladies, why don't you just look before you sit?

:roll:

tombo12boar

17 Jul 2015, 8:46 am

I don't think it's possible to "learn all about NT women", they're a vastly varied group ranging from shy and studious to loud, dumb and aggressive. Unless it's treating them as human beings which Aspies need to learn to do with all people.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 8:59 am

Personally, I believe it's better to focus on understanding the SPECIFIC WOMAN, rather than merely on WOMEN in general.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 11:43 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Women REALLY don't like it when a man states that he "understands" her.

They always say, "You'll never understand ME; don't even try!"

Women enjoy having an aura of mystery about them.

And what's wrong with that? It's natural, really.

On the Toilet Seat front: Guys, why don't you just put the seat down? It would save lots of nagging! :wink:

I could dig the part about having "good aim," too.

I have no aura of mystery about myself. I only keep secrets out of shame and fear of rejection.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 12:19 pm

I like that about you, Goofy

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 12:39 pm

314pe wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
The truth of it is that men want looks and women want security (be it money or muscle). It has never changed and it will not change. We should just accept it of each other and move on.

Tradition is never a good excuse to keep doing what you're doing. We as society wouldn't be where we are if we didn't change.

Why no one calls angela sexist when she say these things?

Ahh when a woman says it; she's being pragmatic.
When a man says; he's being sexist.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 12:42 pm

tombo12boar wrote:
[quote="nurseangela"Have any of the men here tried to understand women at all? Read any books on the subject of women?

So I never agree with that "if you want to know what women want, ask them", stuff.[/quote]

Everything that I have said has been honest. Women probably don't want to say anything because, like me, they will get shot down and told that they are a gold digger. Totally not true, I just want to protect the nest that I built for myself. I don't know why it's ok for men to want to protect their things and women don't. Since roles have changed, women have better paying jobs now and can be very independent. And that's another thing, I have been on these dating sites before and a lot of men want "a girl who is independent". What the heck does that mean when they shoot her down for being independent?

And, don't Aspies have problems with touch sometimes? I would probably say the same thing as the woman in your example, but there are certain times when I'm stressed and have a lot of anxiety and can't have anyone near me. Before hugging someone first, ask if that's what they want.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.