Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 85 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 91  Next

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 10:23 am

So sorry to hear this, Fay. Hope you can find happiness. We are all a good bunch here so you can always seek our advice.

Fair enough on your real name of choice. I changed my own name years ago as I don't like it.

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2018, 5:30 pm

I've known I was autistic since I was around 12. Mostly, professionals would listen to me, talk to me. And being a good little 'sperg, I always did as they said, without question. After all, my mom was there. She was a smart lady. She'd know what'd be best for me...

My mom still is a smart lady, but she and very few people at the time, actually knew what was good for me.

As a result, over the next 20 years, I built walls, masks, routines, programs for most social interactions.
And the professionals all said "He seems pretty well-adjusted. He'll be fine.." and sent me off.

I'm seeing a new therapist. She annihilated my masks. I broke along with them.
Forgive me for the horrid cliche, but it feels like my personality wavered, almost cracking, as its supports were kicked from under it.

My jaw was chattering, my body was shaking I went into shock, when I got home. A friend got me some weed, for which I am eternally grateful. After an hour, maybe 2.. of pure panic and fear, anger, confusion, it calmed me down.

And now, here I am. Art college dropout, severely depressed, the tools I've crafted for myself have proven to be terrible crutches. I've never had a girlfriend.

The one good thing in my world, right now, are my friends and my job, working as a cg artist. And this f*****g depression is f*****g that up as well.

I hate and love my brain. That ratio, however, is far from balanced...

artinesol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jun 2018, 4:30 am

Hello all, I decided to jump in at the deep end, as I am appallingly bad at talking about myself :lol:

I'm Cass, 23 years old and have no official diagnosis. At the same time my ASD is undeniable having spent the majority of life being....not quite right. Any friendships/relationships were with people who were quirky, eccentric or had ASD themselves. Those connections never last though which is one thing that led to being a loner for the last couple years. I have mixed feelings about it, sometimes its wonderful and I do not want to give it up, sometimes its painful, but find I never have the courage to try and find people again.

My hobbies are painting, playing music, learning languages and walking anywhere and everywhere. My degree/career choice is in biological sciences. I would be content with a life being able to explore as much of the world and mastering as many skills as possible.

I sort of feel blessed to have a brain that works as uniquely as it does, though it causes much heartache and instability. I have to live with it regardless though right? :?

Guardian452
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2018, 9:21 am

Hi there, I'm Rob. I've been thinking about posting here for a while, but now I've finally decided to dive in.

I'm a 24 year old guy who lives in the UK (Kent/South East London to be exact). I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was around 5 years of age. For work, I currently work as a Teaching Assistant at a primary school. I'm Straight Edge, meaning I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, and I'm also a vegetarian. I'm incredibly left wing politically, and I'm incredibly passionate about the ideals of people being treated as fairly and equally as possible.

My main passion is music, I've been playing guitar since I was 13, and I've had experience playing in bands. I love going to gigs and seeing my favourite bands live (which is strange, considering I'm not normally one for places with loads of people). The styles of music I'm most passionate about are Hardcore, Emo, and Punk, but I do branch out from time to time. Some of my favourite bands include Funeral for a Friend, Touche Amore, Departures, Modern Life Is War, Boysetsfire, La Dispute, Thursday, Thrice, Pianos Become The Teeth, Svalbard, The Tidal Sleep, Casey, Alexisonfire, Texas Is The Reason, The Get Up Kids, American Football, Hot Water Music, Strike Anywhere, No Trigger, American Nightmare, etc.

Outside of music, I'd definitely be considered a nerd. I love Sci Fi/Fantasy, Comic Books, Table Top Role Playing Games, Cartoons, and Video Games. Some of my favourite franchises include Star Wars, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, ReBoot (where my user name comes from), Babylon 5, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica (2003), The X Files, Lord of the Rings, Firefly, Indiana Jones, The Terminator, pretty much anything created by Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Stingray etc), Red Dwarf, Power Rangers etc. I also absolutely love The Simpsons up until about season 10 or 11.

I also really enjoy going for walks, particularly around grassy areas with nice scenery, baking, and I've recently got into colouring. My typical Friday night is spent at my local D&D/Role Playing club, I love playing games as a character I've created as well as creating and running games of my own as a Dungeon/Games Master.

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2018, 5:15 pm

I dont do this often. Ok.

My name is Syd. Its short for Sydney but I dont like to go by that. People think its funny to call me that. Yes, its a nice name but only my close friends and relatives can call me that. So I just go by Syd.

My favorite colors are blue and purple. I cannot pick between the 2. I like the ocean because it is blue. I like grapes because they are purple. I had an old friend who told me I was depressed because all my binders were blue. They were always saying stuff like that.

Im 5'9. I dont know if thats short or not. I have black hair that is somewhat long. I did go through an emo phase in grade 8-9. I had emo bangs and I wore a choker. That may be another reason kids thought I was weird. I also used to wear a bit of eyeliner. My favorite songs from those years were Somebody told me- The Killers, I write sins not Tragedies- P!ATD, 21 Guns-Greenday, and Dance Dance-Fall Out Boy. I still like that music. I like so many kinds now though.

I have brown eyes. I dont know how else to describe them. Some people say my eyes always look like I am staring in awe. I seem to rub them alot when I am nervous. I also chew my nails when I am nervous. I rock back and forth as well.

I have too many favorite foods. I really like Tacos, Pizza, Peanut butter Honey banana Sandwiches, and Chocolate though. My favorite fruit is mango. My favorite vegetables are Carrots or Lettuce.

I like some tv shows. Im watching Supernatural( on season 5), Buffy The Vampire Slayer(Season 1) , and the X Files(Season 1). I like older movies too. My 4 favorite older movies are The Sandlot, The Goonies, The Lost Boys and the Princess Bride.

My favorite animals are CATS, Monkeys, Horses and Dogs. I also like Snakes. I want a ball python but my grandma has a fear of snakes. She wouldnt be able to visit.

My favorite subjects in School are English and American History. My least favorite Math and Biology. Biology just wasnt my thing. The course work was too much.

Im an Aquarius. I think its cool.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 1:53 pm

You sound like my kind of man, Syd! I, too, have 2 favourite colours because I cannot choose between them, namely yellow and green. I love cats, horses, dogs and snakes. I also hated math at school.

Despite my use of the word 'math', I am not American but I love the word. I think it sounds cooler and more logical than 'maths' which we use where I live.

teresa_mayhem_downing_street
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2018, 5:45 pm

i'm shelley greenaway 28 YO heterosexual cisgender female . i'm "5'4" dark hair (dyed it black , naturally a brunette but going grey prematurely) green eyes. not skinny media ideal but not obese either just an average healthy build. passionate about taekwondo , sci fi, football, and videogames. currently unemployed but hoping for a work placement, ideally i want someone i can connect with on am emotional and intellectual level. not fussed about ethnic background (religion can be a bit of an issue) and is not a sociopath, psychopath,narcissist or Machiavellian and is not a control freak, just a nice laid back bloke really and no mindgames!

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jun 2018, 9:06 am

Something that bothers me to no end, is the way people react to me when they see me.

I'm a big dude, both overweight and fairly strong. Combine that with deep brown hair and a constant grim look, because of my pronounced brow ridge and you get a pretty imposing figure.

Sure, that's handy with martial arts or in a real world conflict.

But people tend to look at me, as if i'm ready to rip their skulls off. This only helps to fuel my already mental image of myself, as something other than human and more like an ogre. I know I dont look anywhere near as bad as that, but I can't help but feel more and more alienated.

Doesn't help with getting a girlfriend. Not that I'd know what to do with one if I ever got one.

Christ on a stick, I hate this... this uncertainty and feeling of being "other", but in my case that is more true, compared to most people... in a way. ugh =.=

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 11:15 am

no

:::)

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 5:50 pm

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
no

I respect that.

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 8:17 am

Tanker wrote:
Something that bothers me to no end, is the way people react to me when they see me.

I'm a big dude, both overweight and fairly strong. Combine that with deep brown hair and a constant grim look, because of my pronounced brow ridge and you get a pretty imposing figure.

But people tend to look at me, as if i'm ready to rip their skulls off. This only helps to fuel my already mental image of myself, as something other than human and more like an ogre. I know I dont look anywhere near as bad as that, but I can't help but feel more and more alienated.

Doesn't help with getting a girlfriend. Not that I'd know what to do with one if I ever got one.

Christ on a stick, I hate this... this uncertainty and feeling of being "other", but in my case that is more true, compared to most people... in a way. ugh =.=

Honestly, you sound like a teddy bear. I know how that feels, though.

I'm maybe 6'1, 220lbs, dark-skinned, bearded and have one of two expressions: thousand-yard stare with furrowed eyebrows or squinting eyes with furrowed eyebrows (sunlight is the devil and squinting prevents me from getting a headache from the brightness.) In addition to my unapproachable disposition, I have a baritone voice and I walk at a brisk pace, so I have a tendency to alarm some folks because I suddenly appear behind them and say "Excuse me." and all they see is this dark, brooding figure rapidly approaching them.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 10:39 am

Thousand yard stares can be sexy! I have a picture of my avatar looking really moody and doing just that. He's actually a very nice person apparently.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2018, 11:03 am

ExceladonCity wrote:
Tanker wrote:

Honestly, you sound like a teddy bear. I know how that feels, though.

I'm maybe 6'1, 220lbs, dark-skinned, bearded and have one of two expressions: thousand-yard stare with furrowed eyebrows or squinting eyes with furrowed eyebrows (sunlight is the devil and squinting prevents me from getting a headache from the brightness.) In addition to my unapproachable disposition, I have a baritone voice and I walk at a brisk pace, so I have a tendency to alarm some folks because I suddenly appear behind them and say "Excuse me." and all they see is this dark, brooding figure rapidly approaching them.

I am not a big guy but I totally relate to that. I have a deep voice and some sort of "mystical ninja aura" around me too. I try not to scare people, I approach them by the sideways, to no avail. And yes, most people act towards me as a creep, a recently escaped convict, a runaway public enemy or something along those lines.

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 8:43 pm

That's the first time I've ever heard of a thousand-yard stare being considered "sexy." I'll admit that they are cute, though. My avatar, Monmon (Koemon,) is adorable because of his thousand-yard stare.

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Aug 2018, 11:05 pm

Hi. I'm Khendra. I have brown hair and eyes. I'm a 33 year old female. I live in the United States (Missouri). I'm happily married to an NT husband. We have an adorable and affectionate cat named Mallory. We plan to have a child in the not-too-distant future. I'm a fairly conservative Christian while my husband is a fairly liberal non-theist, but we get along. I met him at a time when I wasn't in the faith. I work part-time. I've never lasted at a single job for more than a year due to my social incompetence, but I excelled academically at all levels, graduating cum laude with a degree in English in 2007. My hobbies include reading and writing, watching NBA basketball, collecting NBA basketball cards, high endurance and high intensity treadmill exercise, electronic music, word puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, the Super Mario Maker video game, and playing with the aforementioned Mallory cat. Husband and I enjoy going to restaurants, zoos, video arcades, parks, and Star Wars movies together. Besides autism, I also have type 1 diabetes. That's about it!

Babi dwr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Aug 2018, 6:17 pm

Hi, Ive decided to post here to maybe connect with similar aspies. I have been finding it really difficult to find a way to manage since being diagnosed late in life 2 yrs ago. I honestly feel like the rug has been pulled from under me, and its as if I cant reclaim my previous life and loves. Ive got problems such as anxiety over doing things I absolutely love - motorcycling is one of them, had bikes all my life and now I am scared to even think about getting a new one. Its a lonely place and Id just like to connect with some people to try and chat about shared interests and hobbies mainly to reignite my own interests. I'll list some of them and maybe get to chat with some of you. Thank you

Motorbikes and also mountain biking. Walking and hiking, love to chat about new places to go visit (Im uk based) I love classic cars, and Im interested in engineering, art, sculpture, pottery, design and any practical projects. I like talking about emotive stuff, psychology and analytical ideas. Love animals, gardening and well all sorts really.