Dating in America is too competitive.

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 4:07 am

atdevel wrote:
It's ridiculous!! ! I'm 20 and I get along with girls, but never actually hung out with a girl or kissed. I wish I lived in a country where people court or have arranged marriage. If I was Obama, I would start my new term by limiting dating's competitiveness since the competitiveness we have isn't biologically feasible.

So you think a woman should be forced to be with you despite her own feelings on the matter?

Perhaps that mentality is part of your problem; you do not understand that women are people too and relationships are not all about you. Relationships are about two people. With that in mind, have you ever actually asked a girl to hang out?

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 7:01 pm

Try getting a mail order foreign bride?

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 7:35 pm

atdevel wrote:
It's ridiculous!! ! I'm 20 and I get along with girls, but never actually hung out with a girl or kissed. I wish I lived in a country where people court or have arranged marriage. If I was Obama, I would start my new term by limiting dating's competitiveness since the competitiveness we have isn't biologically feasible.

*sigh*

can you "compete" with this?

That's me, and just in case you don't believe me, here's another picture you can compare to the nintendo kid one for proof.

Looking like that, with aspergers(and being pretty damn argumentative, in case you haven't noticed from my other posts around the forums... I like to play the devil's advocate), over the last 6 or 7 years, I've managed to not go more than 1 month without having a girlfriend or getting laid.

Instead of trying to beat others at THEIR game, STOP PLAYING THE GAME. Be who you are and find someone who will like YOU for YOU. Almost every time I see someone complain about dating BS in this forum, it's because they're trying to attract the stereotypical "hot" girl who nobody gets without lots of money, good looks, a fancy car, or all of the above. They absolutely refuse to budge on the credentials their perfect woman MUST have. If you suggest dropping some of the required qualities, they say "no, I'm not gonna settle!" You have NO idea what the hell it is you really want until you actually get out there and TRY being with some of the people you think you'd want. That, and stop putting so much importance on appearence.

To me, dating isn't competitive whatsoever. I don't strive for the same things everybody else does, and I don't try to mimic anybody either.

Also, like others have said, I REALLY hope you're joking about the Obama thing. If not, you're delusional and need to learn how the world actually works.

Last edited by DerStadtschutz on 11 Nov 2012, 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 7:41 pm

2wheels4ever wrote:
"Here there's no work or play, Only 1 bill to pay, There's just 5 words to say, as you go down. down, dooown" - Dee Snider

Is Dee Snider a member of the band Twisted Sister? Or was it Quiet Riot? I can't remember, they both sound really similar, but one of them had a song called "burn in hell" that starts out with those lyrics.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 7:54 pm

DerStadtschutz wrote:
2wheels4ever wrote:
"Here there's no work or play, Only 1 bill to pay, There's just 5 words to say, as you go down. down, dooown" - Dee Snider

Is Dee Snider a member of the band Twisted Sister? Or was it Quiet Riot? I can't remember, they both sound really similar, but one of them had a song called "burn in hell" that starts out with those lyrics.

It's hilarious the black-metal band Dimmu Borgir did a cover of that "burn in hell" song you're talking about by a really lame 80s band. :lmao:

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 2:32 pm

I don't even have to reply to this...

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 3:07 pm

atdevel wrote:

Dating is the same anywhere on the planet. And if you were found in an arranged marriage, you would not like it, believe me. Often if would be a girl from a rich family, but you would not like her because she would not be your type and there would be a huge risk that she could be narrow minded or stupid. Be glad that you have the right to CHOOSE. Oh, and do not think you Americans are somehow different from the rest of the world. You are the same. You guys are not special just because you are Americans. Nothing against you, buddy.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 12:26 am

SoftKitty wrote:
atdevel wrote:

Dating is the same anywhere on the planet. And if you were found in an arranged marriage, you would not like it, believe me. Often if would be a girl from a rich family, but you would not like her because she would not be your type and there would be a huge risk that she could be narrow minded or stupid. Be glad that you have the right to CHOOSE. Oh, and do not think you Americans are somehow different from the rest of the world. You are the same. You guys are not special just because you are Americans. Nothing against you, buddy.

you can't blame us for thinking we're special... We're told we are are entire lives. We also are told next to nothing about the rest of the world. Sure, we could go see the rest of the world and find out for ourselves, but what reason is there to a person who's been told all his life, and believes, that america is the best place on earth?

At the same time, it's important to note that other places have different cultures, and part of that culture includes how they date. No, I don't think that america is anything special, but at the same time, i doubt people from New York City have the same dating habits/rituals as like... people in africa living in grass huts. You can't take a girl out to dinner and a movie in the jungle, and something tells me those people aren't as worried about getting a big fat diamond ring as they are here.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:20 pm

Quote:
Over the last 6 or 7 years, I've managed to not go more than 1 month without having a girlfriend or getting laid. Instead of trying to beat others at THEIR game, STOP PLAYING THE GAME. Be who you are and find someone who will like YOU for YOU. Almost every time I see someone complain about dating BS in this forum, it's because they're trying to attract the stereotypical "hot" girl who nobody gets without lots of money, good looks, a fancy car, or all of the above. They absolutely refuse to budge on the credentials their perfect woman MUST have. If you suggest dropping some of the required qualities, they say "no, I'm not gonna settle!" You have NO idea what the hell it is you really want until you actually get out there and TRY being with some of the people you think you'd want. That, and stop putting so much importance on appearence. To me, dating isn't competitive whatsoever. I don't strive for the same things everybody else does, and I don't try to mimic anybody either.

Thank you, buddy. Really. That was one of the most inspirational things I have ever read about dating.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:42 pm

I only wish that my parents had been more interested in my social life and arranged a date or two for me, instead of only criticizing the women I was trying to date.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
I only wish that my parents had been more interested in my social life and arranged a date or two for me, instead of only criticizing the women I was trying to date.

UR acting like if you had no free will and mind. Do you have it? Then do not rely on others when it comes to these things. Nobody will ever organize a date for you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 8:43 pm

SoftKitty wrote:
Fnord wrote:
UR acting like if you had no free will and mind. Do you have it? Then do not rely on others when it comes to these things. Nobody will ever organize a date for you.

:lol:

That was 30 - 40 years ago! Once I got far enough away from my parents to live my own life, things improved for me, even though it was a little rough at the start.

The point I was trying to make was that since my parents didn't want help me make the right choices, they shouldn't have criticized the choices I made for myself.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 5:33 am

Fnord wrote:
SoftKitty wrote:
Fnord wrote:

:lol:

That was 30 - 40 years ago! Once I got far enough away from my parents to live my own life, things improved for me, even though it was a little rough at the start.

The point I was trying to make was that since my parents didn't want help me make the right choices, they shouldn't have criticized the choices I made for myself.

Aha, sorry, mate.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 3:42 am

men have to stand out more than women do