what about pot smokers (dating one)

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 10:50 pm

Pot, weed, marijuana, cannabis.. etc. can be a very good thing, or very bad thing.
If she's some successful artist who smokes weed when she paints, sure, whatever.
If she does it once in a while, does it for meditative purposes etc.. sure.
If she's a high school dropout who smokes weed every day to escape from reality, deal breaker.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

05 Apr 2013, 10:52 pm

billiscool wrote:
funny, I get mistaken as a pot smoker at times. Probaly because I have a beard, and shaggy hair sometimes.
but I am not a pot smoker.

Probably because both autistic people, NLDers, and pot smokers suffer from a dopamine efficiency, which causes visible effects, like being less engaged with your environment and having delayed reactions to people and things, as well as, perhaps, flat affect and slower speech tempo.

NT's would call it "spacy"

I get called out on this even though I am really not spacy. It's because I have sensory issues where my eyes are extra sensitive to light and air, so I squint all the time in a way that makes me look currently high.

PresidentPorpoise
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Apr 2013, 10:52 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
Nope, neither is using other hard drugs in moderation and responsibly. I'd date pot users, light cocaine users, and light heroin/ecstasy users. I would not date meth users or LSD users.

Wouldn't light LSD use generally be less dangerous than light heroin use? Just curious, not trying to criticize your choice of what type of substance users you'd be willing to date.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 10:54 pm

PresidentPorpoise wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
Nope, neither is using other hard drugs in moderation and responsibly. I'd date pot users, light cocaine users, and light heroin/ecstasy users. I would not date meth users or LSD users.

Wouldn't light LSD use generally be less dangerous than light heroin use? Just curious, not trying to criticize your choice of what type of substance users you'd be willing to date.

No, with LSD, even one hit can cause permanent damage to the hippocampus. With heroin, occasional use is typically fine as long as the source is pure (German studies. I can cite them if you want). The negative effects of many drugs come due to corruptions in the source (mixed with rat poison, etc.) or due to excessive use.

I do not currently use drugs. This is because I believe that, having NLD/autism/borderline/whatever, I already have issues with my limbic system and with dopamine regulation, which taking drugs would only exacerbate, even if they would be safe for NT's.

Actually, I would be more concerned about taking pot than I would about some hard drugs just because of the dopamine concerns.

PresidentPorpoise

05 Apr 2013, 10:59 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
PresidentPorpoise wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

No, with LSD, even one hit can cause permanent damage to the hippocampus. With heroin, occasional use is typically fine as long as the source is pure (German studies. I can cite them if you want). The negative effects of many drugs come due to corruptions in the source (mixed with rat poison, etc.) or due to excessive use.

Ah, gotcha, thanks. Yeah, your hippocampus tends to be pretty important. I feel like I was basing my opinion off of what a couple of acquaintances who I suspect probably use LSD on occasion told me. So I take it then that occasional use of pure heroin isn't likely to lead to addiction?

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:04 pm

PresidentPorpoise wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
PresidentPorpoise wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

Ah, gotcha, thanks. Yeah, your hippocampus tends to be pretty important. I feel like I was basing my opinion off of what a couple of acquaintances who I suspect probably use LSD on occasion told me. So I take it then that occasional use of pure heroin isn't likely to lead to addiction?

Well, it could. Some people are very vulnerable to addiction. I know several who seem to use it without too many negative effects, however.

However, as someone with dopamine issues, being on the spectrum, if I were to take any of these drugs, it would not be pot, it would be cocaine. That's because cocaine increases dopamine levels by acting as a reuptake inhibitor, similar to St. John's Wort. The problem with autism is an overactive dopamine transmission system, which drugs like ecstasy and marijuana exacerbate.

PresidentPorpoise

05 Apr 2013, 11:17 pm

OK, that makes sense, I just knew that heroin is said to be easier to get addicted to than a lot of other drugs.

And yeah, your reason seems like a pretty sound one for not wanting to smoke pot. Personally I just hate smoking pot and have no desire to risk it with harder stuff. My only drug use is occasional drinking, and within moderation.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:31 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
PresidentPorpoise wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

I do not currently use drugs. This is because I believe that, having NLD/autism/borderline/whatever, I already have issues with my limbic system and with dopamine regulation, which taking drugs would only exacerbate, even if they would be safe for NT's.

Actually, I would be more concerned about taking pot than I would about some hard drugs just because of the dopamine concerns.

I'm not so sure I'd date someone who was a light heroin user and I'll tell you why. It's very easy to start doing more smack than you think you plan on and you don't notice how much it actually is until you are past the light use stage and into moderate but not daily. I have never met a chipper who was able to stay a chipper for very long, except the ones who only did it every few months. Buy a couple of bags and when it's gone, it's gone. The problem with chipping like that is sometimes the last bag runs out when the person isn't to the point of being exhausted and going to sleep for good yet, so they want just a couple more hits. A chipper won't use a whole bag in one or two hits and you can't buy it in units of less than a bag unless the dealer really likes you and will break something up for you or you have buddies to throw in on it with you, so you buy a bag and do your hits and later on you go to sleep. When you wake up, you have the rest of the bag left, put up somewhere and there is no way that it's going to just sit there for later. After it's gone you are gonna need a couple more and then you'll be done. This will go on either until you are broke for now or absolutely have to stop so you can go to work but the very next time you either get some money or some time off you'll be back at the dope spot getting a few bags. A few more binges later and you'll be getting a bundle instead of two or three bags and then pretty soon it'll be every weekend, then most nights of the week, then every night plus weekends, then one day youll wake up a little sick so just this once youll do just a little this morning and only to get going, but that will turn into every morning because youll be waking up sick every day. You'll stop altogether once you see that your sick and go through the light w/d and vow never to do it again, but after a few months youll either run into one of your smack buddies or youll get to thinking about it or something or other will remind you of it and youll say "well, just this once won't hurt and I won't go back and get anymore" and there you go. At some point, if you started off smoking or snorting, you will switch to shooting because it wastes less of it and youll have a better and longer lasting high. Once that happens, you can tell yourself whatever you want, you can have chipper tattooed across your chest and legally change your name to chip if you want, but by this time you wont be a chipper, you'll be a junkie.

So, people can't stay chippers very long at all and everybody starts out to chip, nobody wants to be a junkie.

As for purity, well certain parts of the country only have black tar which is about the most impure crap you can think of. It's all kinds of additives and cut with a little heroin thrown in. It's so dirty that while users of H4 don't usually get dark spots and breakouts on their skin, tar users have them bad. They also have a horrible smell from their pores that's very distinctive, which H4 doesn't cause. In the places that you can only get tar, you may be able to get some China white, but that's hard to find and it's not really heroin it's usually just fentanyl. Even if you live in a place where H4 is the common type you find, it's not going to be very pure by the time it gets to the dealer that somebody in the game so light would get it from. No telling what all would be in it, although not rat poison - I mean dealers want repeat customers and if you kill them all with poison you are out of a job. You might get a bunch of Seroquel in there though, and God knows what all else. Maybe even some brown suger (really, yes it's a fairly common cut for some types).

Another drawback is that a chipper won't be around the heroin world enough to hear about the bad batches. He could easily pick up a wrong stamp, something too strong, wrong cut, etc and wouldn't know.

You have to remember that the average low end buyer won't be getting premium gear, so it won't be very pure at all.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:40 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
PresidentPorpoise wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

I'm not so sure I'd date someone who was a light heroin user and I'll tell you why. It's very easy to start doing more smack than you think you plan on and you don't notice how much it actually is until you are past the light use stage and into moderate but not daily. I have never met a chipper who was able to stay a chipper for very long, except the ones who only did it every few months. Buy a couple of bags and when it's gone, it's gone. The problem with chipping like that is sometimes the last bag runs out when the person isn't to the point of being exhausted and going to sleep for good yet, so they want just a couple more hits. A chipper won't use a whole bag in one or two hits and you can't buy it in units of less than a bag unless the dealer really likes you and will break something up for you or you have buddies to throw in on it with you, so you buy a bag and do your hits and later on you go to sleep. When you wake up, you have the rest of the bag left, put up somewhere and there is no way that it's going to just sit there for later. After it's gone you are gonna need a couple more and then you'll be done. This will go on either until you are broke for now or absolutely have to stop so you can go to work but the very next time you either get some money or some time off you'll be back at the dope spot getting a few bags. A few more binges later and you'll be getting a bundle instead of two or three bags and then pretty soon it'll be every weekend, then most nights of the week, then every night plus weekends, then one day youll wake up a little sick so just this once youll do just a little this morning and only to get going, but that will turn into every morning because youll be waking up sick every day. You'll stop altogether once you see that your sick and go through the light w/d and vow never to do it again, but after a few months youll either run into one of your smack buddies or youll get to thinking about it or something or other will remind you of it and youll say "well, just this once won't hurt and I won't go back and get anymore" and there you go. At some point, if you started off smoking or snorting, you will switch to shooting because it wastes less of it and youll have a better and longer lasting high. Once that happens, you can tell yourself whatever you want, you can have chipper tattooed across your chest and legally change your name to chip if you want, but by this time you wont be a chipper, you'll be a junkie.

So, people can't stay chippers very long at all and everybody starts out to chip, nobody wants to be a junkie.

As for purity, well certain parts of the country only have black tar which is about the most impure crap you can think of. It's all kinds of additives and cut with a little heroin thrown in. It's so dirty that while users of H4 don't usually get dark spots and breakouts on their skin, tar users have them bad. They also have a horrible smell from their pores that's very distinctive, which H4 doesn't cause. In the places that you can only get tar, you may be able to get some China white, but that's hard to find and it's not really heroin it's usually just fentanyl. Even if you live in a place where H4 is the common type you find, it's not going to be very pure by the time it gets to the dealer that somebody in the game so light would get it from. No telling what all would be in it, although not rat poison - I mean dealers want repeat customers and if you kill them all with poison you are out of a job. You might get a bunch of Seroquel in there though, and God knows what all else. Maybe even some brown suger (really, yes it's a fairly common cut for some types).

Another drawback is that a chipper won't be around the heroin world enough to hear about the bad batches. He could easily pick up a wrong stamp, something too strong, wrong cut, etc and wouldn't know.

You have to remember that the average low end buyer won't be getting premium gear, so it won't be very pure at all.

Too much trouble. Why I don't wanna date a drug user.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Apr 2013, 1:57 am

Tyri0n wrote:
billiscool wrote:
funny, I get mistaken as a pot smoker at times. Probaly because I have a beard, and shaggy hair sometimes.
but I am not a pot smoker.

Probably because both autistic people, NLDers, and pot smokers suffer from a dopamine efficiency, which causes visible effects, like being less engaged with your environment and having delayed reactions to people and things, as well as, perhaps, flat affect and slower speech tempo.

NT's would call it "spacy"

I get called out on this even though I am really not spacy. It's because I have sensory issues where my eyes are extra sensitive to light and air, so I squint all the time in a way that makes me look currently high.
I got mistaken as one tooo because of the way I act sometimes as well as how I look. I'm easily confused ue to dyselxia, I daydream alot due to ADD, I have a low vision disorder & am more senstive to light conditions, I'm less engaged than others in group things, I shave 1ce a week when my facial hair starts getting long or itchy.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

wotsits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2013, 5:33 am

I get mistaken for one too, due to slow tempo of speech and processing conversation, as well as being in my head a lot. Funnily, longest relationship I've ever had was with a pot smoker. Nothing against it and I can take it or leave it - the only problem was he couldn't! He'd start in the morning and just keep going. If he didn't have any he was irritable and tetchy. Sad, really. I couldn't go out with anyone who used anything harder.
Have tried drugs, not interested. Sleep is my drug of choice :D

KinetiK
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2013, 12:37 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
PresidentPorpoise wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

No, with LSD, even one hit can cause permanent damage to the hippocampus.

Source?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 2:50 pm

I tend not to date girls that go out of their way to get pot. There's a ridiculous and immature sub culture as well as a dangerous one, all over a stupid substance. Then there's this whole they only hang out with other pot users thing some of the pot smokers do. I really don't get it. I don't do it with alcohol, video games and such or anything else I enjoy doing.

Someone who's tried pot, or might do it at parties sure no problem. Not someone who actually has pot as a way to pass time.

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 7:04 pm

It's not the drug itself that bothers me, it's the preoccupation with it, and the culture.

I am just not interested in a personality in someone else which is somewhat wrapped around cannabis. It seems unnecessary for me to deal with. For everyone who uses it, there's someone else who doesn't.

gotwake
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2013, 12:29 am

I like pot. A lot. It has helped me with quite a bit throughout my life. I have never been into advertising for Cannabis. The whole neo-hippy, cannabis activist cliche annoys me. I am not afraid to talk about it, nor am I ashamed. It just has its time and place. Well, it has quite a few times and places, but that doesn't mean that everyone on earth wants to hear about how baked you are and how cannabis is going to revolutionize everything. I used to be the type of person that would smoke while walking down the sidewalk and not care that I smelled. Now, though I am still not ashamed of it, I tend to be more discreet. I typically use high grade hash oil in my Da Vinci brand vaporizer. Not really any smell, and I can control how much CBD is released by adjusting the temperature. I can choose between, "smile, look people in the eye, and talk" or "nap time".

More than half of my friends and family use it, and are way less discreet than me. Most people don't even know I use cannabis if I don't tell them.

With cannabis, I am sociable, mentally balanced, happy, and relaxed. I have not had one panic attack this year. I hate the cannabis subculture, though. That is one of the main reasons I don't let people know until I know them well. I don't want them to throw me into a box with a bunch of hippies.

As for pot being a turnoff.... I'm not really worried. Most girls I know have no problem with it. Besides, my favorite lunch is to cook a pound of bacon and make hash browns in the grease...all to myself(It's ok; I work out everyday and am as light as a feather)! I don't think that pot is the most unhealthy/unattractive thing about me. BTW: I don't smoke until evening; I just love bacon.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 8:18 am

It depends on how fond of it they are. I've known people who couldn't get out of bed without a bong hit but they were lacking in any drive and were too needy and weedy. All they did was sit around being stoned all day and expected me to sit there with them, or drive them around to try to find more. That's a dealbreaker. If it's just a once-in-a-while relaxing, fun treat I'm okay with it. To me, that's what it's for. I don't want to stay that way all the time. I've got stuff to do.