Don't know if I'm on a hopeless journey or not

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2018, 2:28 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
How many more times are you going to make essentially the same thread and get essentially the same feedback until you start taking it upon yourself to give your life a facelift?

When people stop posting replies to his threads. He clearly does it for attention.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2018, 2:39 pm

Stardust Parade wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
How many more times are you going to make essentially the same thread and get essentially the same feedback until you start taking it upon yourself to give your life a facelift?

When people stop posting replies to his threads. He clearly does it for attention.

Accurate. Notice how he ignored all the posts in this thread recommending positive change and asking if he’s going to get started on making some forward progress with himself?

IMO, this thread went perfectly and the positive messages of encouragement to do the things required to reach his goals are exactly the type of posts that belong in any future repeats of this thread. Repetition and reinforcement might eventually cause a breakthrough for Marknis and maybe, just maybe, he’ll start to change. 8)

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2018, 4:22 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Stardust Parade wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:

Accurate. Notice how he ignored all the posts in this thread recommending positive change and asking if he’s going to get started on making some forward progress with himself?

IMO, this thread went perfectly and the positive messages of encouragement to do the things required to reach his goals are exactly the type of posts that belong in any future repeats of this thread. Repetition and reinforcement might eventually cause a breakthrough for Marknis and maybe, just maybe, he’ll start to change. 8)

I absolutely agree.

whatamievendoing: for us "detractors," feel free to start your own thread about the subject matter in case it gets locked. I'd started a "catch-all" thread that I just haven't had the time to keep alive, but I'm sure I'll resurrect it when I can. The idea is to discuss the TOPIC, not do a case study involving specific WP members. Attempting to reopen locked threads, I think, is against the rules, and using that to background-harass users is defo not cool.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2018, 7:31 pm

Are you still on the same journey as when you started this thread or have you made the decision to alter your course?

If the former, you're on a hopeless journey. If the latter, there's hope for you yet.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2018, 10:40 pm

Stardust Parade wrote:

And yet you replied anyway. :roll: I also have allies on this forum and I support them, hardly the behavior of someone who wants attention. You need to stop jumping to conclusions.

goldfish21 wrote:

Wrong. I replied to The Grand Inquisitor positively. You clearly did not see what I said. I also didn't ignore you. I responded to you despite how I would rather you leave me alone and hopefully you'll eventually get a clue and do so.
You aren't someone I could ever consider an ally. You want to know why? You cheer leaded another poster's hideously distorted view about me and you took his word instead of mine despite how I know who I am. You didn't even get that he misquoted me and I was telling him why he was wrong. You also have stated yourself that you've never had a relationship and just want to screw so why should I even listen to you?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 2:36 am

I’m not intending this as a definitive armchair diagnosis, but I think you might be delusional right now.

I sided with the bits that guy said that were correct and explained it to you.

Just because I haven’t had a ltr doesn’t mean I haven’t dated anyone. I bet I get more dates/hookups than literally anyone else on this entire forum. Sure, my situation is different and they are mostly hookups, but it still requires me to be able to get these dates/hookups - and it’s usually multiple offers damned near any night of the week I decide I feel like indulging on that part of life. I believe all of that qualifies me to advise someone else on how to achieve similar results for themselves. It’s called expertese and it comes from experience. Somehow I doubt your experiences to date have brought you even 1% of the results I’ve managed. You should be so lucky that I take the time to even point these things out to you. I suppose I do it because I like seeing the underdog come out on top. I just wish you’d start trying.

edit: Just wanted to point out another reason I'm not in a relationship is because I choose not to be. I've declined many offers to date people I wasn't that into. I've also been clear about the fact that I don't want to burden anyone with the way I am, so, I keep to myself. Being in a relationship isn't my goal, so attacking that is rather baseless since it's not as if I've been trying to get into a relationship and can't do so. It's very, very, seldom that I meet someone I'd consider possibly being in a relationship with. But getting dates? That's an entirely different story. I'd bet $ I've had more first dates in the last week or two than you've had in the last decade.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 8:30 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I’m not intending this as a definitive armchair diagnosis, but I think you might be delusional right now.

Just because I haven’t had a ltr doesn’t mean I haven’t dated anyone. I bet I get more dates/hookups than literally anyone else on this entire forum. Sure, my situation is different and they are mostly hookups, but it still requires me to be able to get these dates/hookups - and it’s usually multiple offers damned near any night of the week I decide I feel like indulging on that part of life. I believe all of that qualifies me to advise someone else on how to achieve similar results for themselves. It’s called expertese and it comes from experience. Somehow I doubt your experiences to date have brought you even 1% of the results I’ve managed. You should be so lucky that I take the time to even point these things out to you. I suppose I do it because I like seeing the underdog come out on top. I just wish you’d start trying.

And I think you have a thick skull.

Piobaire misinterpreted my post and made stupid assumptions about me. You keep misunderstanding what happened. He cherry picked a post I made about how he and people like him (You included) think I get high fives for various things as well as being a Donald Trump Jr. and I was telling him how wrong he was. Get it now?

Odd how you are lecturing me about behavior while bragging like a schoolyard bully. :roll: No, you don't want the underdog to succeed. You just want to boast. You really expect me to start liking you after making posts like that to me?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 12:57 pm

Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Piobaire misinterpreted my post and made stupid assumptions about me. You keep misunderstanding what happened. He cherry picked a post I made about how he and people like him (You included) think I get high fives for various things as well as being a Donald Trump Jr. and I was telling him how wrong he was. Get it now?

Odd how you are lecturing me about behavior while bragging like a schoolyard bully. :roll: No, you don't want the underdog to succeed. You just want to boast. You really expect me to start liking you after making posts like that to me?

I, and others, have told you over and over that we don't care about Piobaire's post & that you should stop wasting your time focusing on the one post you don't like and start paying attention to the dozens of posts by people giving you good advice. Stop dwelling on one post on a forum that irritates you because it literally has zero value in terms of good advice to follow to get you what you claim to desperately want. Focus on all of the other posts telling you to cut the crap and start working on changing yourself for the better, and bit by bit you'll be happier, healthier, and more capable of getting a date. Everyone is growing tired of reading your same almost copied & pasted complaints over and over and over again and is taking note of the fact that you ignore all of the posts that encourage you to actually do anything positive for yourself that would move you towards reaching the goals you say you have. I'm indifferent whether you like me or not; it's mine and others' sound advice that you should be paying attention to, learning from, and acting on.

Grow up & quit distracting from the only parts of these threads that matter with trivial BS that doesn't matter to anything and start doing ANYTHING to help yourself, Marknis. Your complaints and dwelling on individual posts that don't serve you or your goals is getting ridiculous. Move on. Do something that actually moves you forward towards your goal of getting a date for once.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 1:52 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I, and others, have told you over and over that we don't care about Piobaire's post & that you should stop wasting your time focusing on the one post you don't like and start paying attention to the dozens of posts by people giving you good advice. Stop dwelling on one post on a forum that irritates you because it literally has zero value in terms of good advice to follow to get you what you claim to desperately want. Focus on all of the other posts telling you to cut the crap and start working on changing yourself for the better, and bit by bit you'll be happier, healthier, and more capable of getting a date. Everyone is growing tired of reading your same almost copied & pasted complaints over and over and over again and is taking note of the fact that you ignore all of the posts that encourage you to actually do anything positive for yourself that would move you towards reaching the goals you say you have. I'm indifferent whether you like me or not; it's mine and others' sound advice that you should be paying attention to, learning from, and acting on.

Grow up & quit distracting from the only parts of these threads that matter with trivial BS that doesn't matter to anything and start doing ANYTHING to help yourself, Marknis. Your complaints and dwelling on individual posts that don't serve you or your goals is getting ridiculous. Move on. Do something that actually moves you forward towards your goal of getting a date for once.

Stop being hypocritical. You were cheerleading his post and saying I needed to listen to him despite how he was accusing me of something I wasn't.
I've also stated I do not listen to people who tell me I can't have something because they think I am "messed up" for not fitting their expectations and shove their experiences in my face like schoolyard bullies but you can't seem to get that at all.

I've had others tell me as well as seen relationships happen without dating. In fact, I never dated my first and only real girlfriend. She actually pursued me.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 3:17 pm

Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Stop being hypocritical. You were cheerleading his post and saying I needed to listen to him despite how he was accusing me of something I wasn't.
I've also stated I do not listen to people who tell me I can't have something because they think I am "messed up" for not fitting their expectations and shove their experiences in my face like schoolyard bullies but you can't seem to get that at all.

I've had others tell me as well as seen relationships happen without dating. In fact, I never dated my first and only real girlfriend. She actually pursued me.

I'm not being hypocritical. His post was good & had some good advice in it about not objectifying women. Also, his post wasn't even in this thread yet you bring it up to distract from all of the good advice you're getting and ignoring in this thread.

No, you can't have something because you refuse to do the work required to get that something. That's the only reason.

I don't even know what to make of that bizarre last couple of sentences. People date each other regardless of who initiates the courtship, then relationships form. Pretty simple concept. Probably totally moot to your life, though, because you don't seem interested one iota in doing anything to make yourself more attractive in order to get a date soooo.. yes, at this point, you are on a hopeless journey & will remain so until you decide to change.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 7:32 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I'm not being hypocritical. His post was good & had some good advice in it about not objectifying women. Also, his post wasn't even in this thread yet you bring it up to distract from all of the good advice you're getting and ignoring in this thread.

No, you can't have something because you refuse to do the work required to get that something. That's the only reason.

I don't even know what to make of that bizarre last couple of sentences. People date each other regardless of who initiates the courtship, then relationships form. Pretty simple concept. Probably totally moot to your life, though, because you don't seem interested one iota in doing anything to make yourself more attractive in order to get a date soooo.. yes, at this point, you are on a hopeless journey & will remain so until you decide to change.

You still can't get what happened through that damn thick skull of your's. He was accusing me of objectifying women as well as wanting to be a Donald Trump Jr. when I didn't express any of those sentiments. You are indeed being hypocritical because a moment ago you claimed you didn't care about his post and that it wasn't helpful but you were cheerleading for him in the first place.

Stop pursuing sex like a horny dog despite how you are telling me I am "messed up" for not fitting your paradigm and maybe I'll listen to you. Until then, get lost.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 7:39 pm

Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

You still can't get what happened through that damn thick skull of your's. He was accusing me of objectifying women as well as wanting to be a Donald Trump Jr. when I didn't express any of those sentiments. You are indeed being hypocritical because a moment ago you claimed you didn't care about his post and that it wasn't helpful but you were cheerleading for him in the first place.

Stop pursuing sex like a horny dog despite how you are telling me I am "messed up" for not fitting your paradigm and maybe I'll listen to you. Until then, get lost.

No, you don’t get it. I really don’t care about probiaire’s post & neither should you. It doesn’t do you any good to dwell on the one post you disliked last week instead of focusing on all the positive advice different people have posted. Read, learn, grow, change.

Whether I decide to get laid often or be celibate doesn’t matter one bit as to whether or not it’s in your best interest to follow everyone’s good advice and start working on yourself.

But just for the record I decided to get laid on my way to the beach this afternoon so queued that pit stop up and had some fun. Never know, I might have a little fun later tonight, too. Just depends on my mood later on more than anything.

Last edited by goldfish21 on 22 Apr 2018, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 7:42 pm

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 7:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

No, you don’t get it. I really don’t care about probiaire’s post & neither should you. It doesn’t do you any good to dwell on the one post you disliked last week instead of focusing on all the positive advice different people have posted. Read, learn, grow, change.

Whether I decide to get laid often or be celibate doesn’t matter one bit as to whether or not it’s in your best interest to follow everyone’s good advice and start working on yourself.

But just for the record I decided to get laid on my way to the beach this afternoon so wired that pit stop up and had some fun. Never know, I might have a little fun later tonight, too. Just depends on my mood later on more than anything.

If you don't care so much, why do you keep throwing a piss fit about me not being his friend?

Stop claiming you want to help me. All I see is someone shoving his sexual prowess in my face like the jerks who bullied me in school. Do you really think I am going to listen to you when you are essentially bragging to me? f**k that. You're free to keep up being a horny dog, just don't talk to me.

Just what is it going to take to make you quit posting in my threads? I've told you before I don't like you and I don't think you are helping me. All your posts towards me are about how "messed up" I am and how I need to shut myself away until I am considered "acceptable" to society. You may not see it like that but that's how it comes off to me. That's also how I've been treated by others my entire life.

AngelRho wrote:

You do realize he thinks you are a homophobe and doesn't like you, right?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 9:06 pm

Ok, my views on Biblical interpretation are NOT a secret on WP. I hide nothing. But I’ve been down this road with mods before, so it remains that my views on the matter are NOT up for discussion.

Besides that, it’s COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to the topic at hand.

I might add that, regardless of how I view scripture and how that relates to morality, BECAUSE I take it literally, the fact that the mercy seat was placed ABOVE the law in the Holy of Holies has never once escaped my notice. In my view, ALL of humanity is broken and deserving of death. I believe we are here because God’s justice is tempered by mercy.

And I think if you understand that, you’ll understand that goldfish is not my enemy, nor am I his. We’re allowed to disagree, and I think the WAY in which we openly disagree has lead to a better understanding. You might find it surprising, but I actually have a lot of respect for him.

Interesting way to distract from goldfish’s point by trying to start a fight.

Speaking of all of humanity being screwed up, you might be surprised to find I’m not a pessimist. I always hold out for hope that people will always find value in each other.

There are two ways of looking at things: those things which are to be expected and those things which are NOT to be expected. We expect the good things. We act immediately to remedy the bad stuff when it happens because want to get right back to the good stuff.

People who only expect the good are happier, optimistic people. Good things are always coming their way because they live their lives expecting nothing less. Why not set higher expectations for yourself?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 9:17 pm

Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

But just for the record I decided to get laid on my way to the beach this afternoon so wired that pit stop up and had some fun. Never know, I might have a little fun later tonight, too. Just depends on my mood later on more than anything.

If you don't care so much, why do you keep throwing a piss fit about me not being his friend?

Stop claiming you want to help me. All I see is someone shoving his sexual prowess in my face like the jerks who bullied me in school. Do you really think I am going to listen to you when you are essentially bragging to me? f**k that. You're free to keep up being a horny dog, just don't talk to me.

Just what is it going to take to make you quit posting in my threads? I've told you before I don't like you and I don't think you are helping me. All your posts towards me are about how "messed up" I am and how I need to shut myself away until I am considered "acceptable" to society. You may not see it like that but that's how it comes off to me. That's also how I've been treated by others my entire life.

AngelRho wrote:

You do realize he thinks you are a homophobe and doesn't like you, right?

Blah blah blah, why are you still going on about everything except for all the good advice you’ve been given by several different people?