Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 8:39 am

Fnord wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Very few women want a man with a neurological disorder its sad but true, even feminists with an open mind, an aspie male is awkward shy does not have a high paying job usually she wants a successful man with no mental disorders if she wants a man. Sorry guys but that's the truth if you're an aspie.
This does not explain why some aspie men are able to date, marry progressive women, raise healthy children and have successful careers as well -- some are even members of this website!
Maybe those aspie males able to date are the exception?
The exceptions that test the rule...

It is the exceptions which defile the rule.
They ruin it's inherent integrity,
And yet, it can still be of use. <dramatic flair mode off> 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 8:42 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Very few women want a man with a neurological disorder its sad but true, even feminists with an open mind, an aspie male is awkward shy does not have a high paying job usually she wants a successful man with no mental disorders if she wants a man. Sorry guys but that's the truth if you're an aspie.
This does not explain why some aspie men are able to date, marry progressive women, raise healthy children and have successful careers as well -- some are even members of this website!

Some people here type and articulate themselves very well, but can't manage to brush their own teeth by themselves. If you ask them why that is, a MODERATOR will jump down your throat.

But when it comes to the issue of most Aspie men failing miserably with women, (a very real phenomenon and a much more prevalent issue, as witnessed on this site) it's suddenly okay to dismiss them entirely. But God-forbid you ask a perfectly articulate person why they can work a keyboard but can't brush their own teeth.

TRUTH.

I have my own handmaiden for that. 8)

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 9:28 am

Pepe wrote:

For brushing your teeth or for making love? Or both? Either way, most of us aren't so lucky. :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 10:20 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Vegeta wrote:

Some people here type and articulate themselves very well, but can't manage to brush their own teeth by themselves. If you ask them why that is, a MODERATOR will jump down your throat.

But when it comes to the issue of most Aspie men failing miserably with women, (a very real phenomenon and a much more prevalent issue, as witnessed on this site) it's suddenly okay to dismiss them entirely. But God-forbid you ask a perfectly articulate person why they can work a keyboard but can't brush their own teeth.

TRUTH.

So why can't they brus-

***MOD JUMPING DOWN MY THROAT LIKE BATMAN***

Mmmmm! mmmmmm!! ! :silent:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 10:42 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Some people here type and articulate themselves very well, but can't manage to brush their own teeth by themselves.
Really?  What are their names?
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
If you ask them why that is, a MODERATOR will jump down your throat.
Please link to the posts where this allegedly happened.
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
But when it comes to the issue of most Aspie men failing miserably with women, (a very real phenomenon and a much more prevalent issue, as witnessed on this site) it's suddenly okay to dismiss them entirely.
Evidence, please?
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
But God-forbid you ask a perfectly articulate person why they can work a keyboard but can't brush their own teeth.
Again, who are these people?
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
TRUTH.
HYPERBOLE.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 11:08 am

My late husband was NT... But he had different mental issues. But he just plain didn't understand my perspective on certain things. I am single and wish I could find someone that shared my passion for birds... Anyway I am very open minded... Btw, I think aspie men are cute :heart:

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 1:28 pm

I mostly look for people with the same interests, but there are none in Houston, spectrum or NT.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 5:55 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

For brushing your teeth or for making love? Or both? Either way, most of us aren't so lucky. :wink:

I took your comment literally.
No metaphorical interpretation.
No double entendre.

I was presenting the image of someone brushing my teeth for me. ;)

EliBarranger
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jul 2020, 6:23 pm

Vegeta wrote:
Very few women want a man with a neurological disorder its sad but true, even feminists with an open mind, an aspie male is awkward shy does not have a high paying job usually she wants a successful man with no mental disorders if she wants a man. Sorry guys but thats the truth if your an aspie.

Ummmm, I have to weigh in here. I am a very successful professional and began dating this guy late last fall. Nothing was right about dating this guy from the start. It all came to light in January when he said something to me which made me change my course of research (I had already been researching why he was so "different") and Aspergers came up. I decided to continue to date him and it has been pure hell, but in the end, he meets a very long list of criteria I created around 10 years ago when I became a single mom (and haven't dated since). Who knew? Dating anyone requires work. The world is f**ked up to begin with. Oh and as for a feminist....I did everything on my own for those 12 years of being a single mom with no help from anyone including an ex husband who was 100% out of the picture including financially.

So, Vegeta, keep an open mind....a professor once told me.....there is someone for everyone. This guy drives me crazy....but at least I understand him (after spending months researching Aspergers and Autism) and despite all my therapists and friends telling me to run and run faster......I like him. (Yes, since dating him, I now have therapists - plural). OMG why?...you ask....because our brains are wired the same. Eeeeerily we have very similar tastes in a lot of things. And I see when his Autism is coming to the forefront....No other woman is ever going to put up with his meltdowns and his literal-ness and his forgetfullness and his lack of ambition and his lack of sex drive (which is killing me right now) and his anxieties and all kinds of other stuff.....but me. But I see that he matches my list, that I made over 10 years ago of what I wanted in a man and I have been single ever since I made that list.....that's a long time to wait. : )

The world is F**ked up and life is very short. No matter who you date...there are going to be issues and it's going to be work. I like him. Even if he doesn't really like me. Because I still can't tell. : )

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 6:32 pm

EliBarranger wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Very few women want a man with a neurological disorder its sad but true, even feminists with an open mind, an aspie male is awkward shy does not have a high paying job usually she wants a successful man with no mental disorders if she wants a man. Sorry guys but thats the truth if your an aspie.

Ummmm, I have to weigh in here. I am a very successful professional and began dating this guy late last fall. Nothing was right about dating this guy from the start. It all came to light in January when he said something to me which made me change my course of research (I had already been researching why he was so "different") and Aspergers came up. I decided to continue to date him and it has been pure hell, but in the end, he meets a very long list of criteria I created around 10 years ago when I became a single mom (and haven't dated since). Who knew? Dating anyone requires work. The world is f**ked up to begin with. Oh and as for a feminist....I did everything on my own for those 12 years of being a single mom with no help from anyone including an ex husband who was 100% out of the picture including financially.

So, Vegeta, keep an open mind....a professor once told me.....there is someone for everyone. This guy drives me crazy....but at least I understand him (after spending months researching Aspergers and Autism) and despite all my therapists and friends telling me to run and run faster......I like him. (Yes, since dating him, I now have therapists - plural). OMG why?...you ask....because our brains are wired the same. Eeeeerily we have very similar tastes in a lot of things. And I see when his Autism is coming to the forefront....No other woman is ever going to put up with his meltdowns and his literal-ness and his forgetfullness and his lack of ambition and his lack of sex drive (which is killing me right now) and his anxieties and all kinds of other stuff.....but me. But I see that he matches my list, that I made over 10 years ago of what I wanted in a man and I have been single ever since I made that list.....that's a long time to wait. : )

The world is F**ked up and life is very short. No matter who you date...there are going to be issues and it's going to be work. I like him. Even if he doesn't really like me. Because I still can't tell. : )

:scratch:
Maybe you need to create a new list. :P

There are pro and cons in every relationship.
Obviously the "pros" have won out, in yours. ;)

Last edited by Pepe on 26 Jul 2020, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 6:34 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Vegeta wrote:

TRUTH.

So why can't they brus-

***MOD JUMPING DOWN MY THROAT LIKE BATMAN***

Mmmmm! mmmmmm!! ! :silent:

I must admit, that comment of his had absolutely no validity/credibility.
It was more than a little odd. 8O

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 2:08 am

Pepe wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

No double entendre.

Anyone remember this scene from this Eddie Murphy movie where he played as prince?

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 2:26 am

Fnord wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Some people here type and articulate themselves very well, but can't manage to brush their own teeth by themselves.
Really?  What are their names?
You know damn well I can't name names. Since it's such a sensitive issue, as I've indicated, outing people would be very much frowned upon.

Fnord wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
If you ask them why that is, a MODERATOR will jump down your throat.
Please link to the posts where this allegedly happened.
Naive or disingenuous? "Offending posts" are deleted and MODs send warning PMs. The best way to test my supposition is to try it yourself. If you ever encounter what I've described, test the waters and see what happens. (But you won't, and we know you won't.)

Fnord wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
But when it comes to the issue of most Aspie men failing miserably with women, (a very real phenomenon and a much more prevalent issue, as witnessed on this site) it's suddenly okay to dismiss them entirely.
Evidence, please?

Look no futher than yourself. Asking, "Well, why do some Aspie men succeed with women?" seems somewhat dismissive of a larger problem. Like if I said, "Gee, why do MOST Aspies successfully brush their teeth by themselves? What the hell is wrong with you for not being able to brush your teeth like the rest of us?" to someone who apparently can't brush their own teeth by themselves (a much less frequent occurrence than lack of success with in dating).

Fnord wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
But God-forbid you ask a perfectly articulate person why they can work a keyboard but can't brush their own teeth.
Again, who are these people?

I won't name names. Call me a liar or call it a convenient omission if you must. Doesn't make it any less so.

Fnord wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
TRUTH.
HYPERBOLE.
In this instance, I think the term dramatic effect is more appropriate. It's not a complete exaggeration by any means.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 2:28 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

No double entendre.

Anyone remember this scene from this Eddie Murphy movie where he played as prince?

Arsenio Hall was happy to receive his "punishment" at the hand of the handmaids. Gee...I wonder if he was excited to have them brush his teeth for him.

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2020, 2:42 am

Vegeta wrote:

Ok, so my dad found an attractive second wife who likes him for some reason.. but he is not depressed and he is always positive/optimistic and practical/smart.

On the other hand, I read that women married to aspie men complain of feeling lonely, sad, neglected, frustrated and unhappy because aspie men do not see them for the people they are and don't show verbal or physical affection. I guess it's like being married two a two year old or a robot. The thought of causing this to women and not being able to not do it or not even wanting to is scary.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 2:44 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

No double entendre.

Yup.
I wouldn't give up "the other cleaning area", by the handmaidens, either. ;)