Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 11:08 am

How do you feel about approaching the single men who regularly post about not having girlfriends here on WP?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

violetdr3amer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2021, 12:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
How do you feel about approaching the single men who regularly post about not having girlfriends here on WP?

Ehh I'd rather not. I prefer meeting people organically anyway. And if someone regularly complains about not having a girlfriend, it's... kind of off-putting for me. Also, ironically I tend to be attracted to cold, logical men.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 4:52 pm

violetdr3amer wrote:

What has been other people's experience with tinder or other dating apps/sites?

Weird. Oddly serious.

I get matches who just want to talk about their interests sometimes which can be interesting and I do learn from these conversations but it does seem odd for such an app. An example of this is a recent match who just wants to tell me about different kinds of birds and discuss the state of the job market. I mean I've certainly learned more about birds than I knew before but it is an unusual conversation to have on Tinder.

Another example is a match who just discussed the ins and outs of programming with me. Nothing wrong with that but I was expecting more...flirting? I guess?

However, I do get conversations that are flirty sometimes. The best conversations are usually friendly and flirty. People infodump on me all the time about random stuff and then we attempt to meet but it just never happens for whatever reason (this was the case even before the pandemic). I basically learn whole life stories but then it just never goes anywhere cause we're both socially awkward and stressing about the economy / the future and when I try to arrange a date they randomly just vanish.

I'll try to have a light-hearted conversation and I'll just get a response along the lines of "Haha yeah just trying to afford rent and not fall into depression" then the conversation dies because I don't know how I'm supposed to respond to that.

Maybe one day I'll have a girlfriend but I'm not having any luck with Tinder. Which does make me wonder how I'm going to meet women. Or if I even will. Still, I can't let it consume me. There's more to life than that. I hate the uncertainty though of it all.

Almost 25. Near the spectrum but not on it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 5:00 pm

violetdr3amer wrote:
It's amazing how he thought he was entitled to my emotional labour after a couple of days of chatting.

I love this. ^

I've never used a dating app in my life so I don't know if it's normal or not.

Regardless they all sound like total freaking lunatics. The mayors of Red Flag City.

Run girl. Run.

violetdr3amer

22 May 2021, 5:37 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
violetdr3amer wrote:
I love this. ^

I've never used a dating app in my life so I don't know if it's normal or not.

Regardless they all sound like total freaking lunatics. The mayors of Red Flag City.

Run girl. Run.

Haha the mayors of Red Flag City, that's hilarious!

Yeah I think I'm just gonna stay off those apps for a while...