Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 136 of 239 [ 3821 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 239  Next

WeatherFreak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Feb 2011, 2:37 pm

http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprofile ... d=15586656

^ This is me and my profile, i'm having no luck at all in finding the right lady. I message ladies, thoughtful messages and i don't receive any responses :(. Yet it seems ok for women who i well don't fancy just to say HI without anything else?

aspyoz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 7:26 pm

WeatherFreak wrote:
http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=15586656

^ This is me and my profile, i'm having no luck at all in finding the right lady. I message ladies, thoughtful messages and i don't receive any responses :(. Yet it seems ok for women who i well don't fancy just to say HI without anything else?

thats a decent profile dude, almost makes me wanna go on a walk on the beach with you :P

its tricky isnt it. for the first time in my life i got a little serious about dating at 39, and decided to put myself out there and put up a profile on okcupid last week. lol, my "perfect match" was a 21yo very attractive girl, who i quite rightly thought i had no chance with, until she freaked me out by raising her age ceiling to include me after a completely innocent exchange and suggesting that "if her current relationship doesnt work out" we hang out and see what happens. after some advice from another member im playing it safe and keeping clear, at least for now, as if she would go out with me while she was seeing someone, whats to stop her from doing the same to me.

then the other day i found a 33yo woman who is much closer than the 21yo who i thought was very interesting, and sent her a contact request, only to be, so far, ignored.

but just goes to show how unpredictable it can be and surprising things can be.

but always tough, especially if you're like me and been on 1 date in your life a couple of decades ago and you have no idea how dating or relationships work

Im wired wrong, but you'll love me....

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 5:45 pm

WeatherFreak wrote:
http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=15586656

That's because nice is boring. You gotta be cocky/funny.

Learn some skills from David DeAngelo. After taking his lengthy course, my results improved quite nicely.

BardicFire
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2011, 9:18 pm

Jared London / Maeghan Shaundra

18. lives in Western Maryland. Okay with long-distance, but I'd prefer to have at the least monthly dates.
Suspecting Aspergers, Medicated ADHD, kinda Manic-Depressive.
UU, Geeky, Loving, Caring, kinda cheesily Romantic. slightly codependent, but I'm very good at handling it, and most it just comes off as Caring too much.
Super Kinky, but also Super Vanilla... I'm also the sub, I prefer dominant partners. I can do switch too.
Pansexual. Possibly Transgender Male To Female. Definitely Bigender.
Very outgoing, Extremely Extrovert. Sorry if I'm possibly too much

Check me out on OKCupid, my Username is BardicFire, you'll get more info there.

see if you are interested...
I've had a really hard past when it comes to relationships, I've been hurt alot. my heart is held together with duct tape... please don't hurt me... but I'm all about taking chances, and working through problems, and supporting each other and comforting each other.

IDK what else to really say right now...

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 2:28 am

aspyoz wrote:
thats a decent profile dude, almost makes me wanna go on a walk on the beach with you

:lol: I agree, WeatherFreak. Your profile's quite good.

I really should stop looking at international profiles. It drives me crazy with its impossibility. :roll:

aspyoz
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 2:44 am

Esther wrote:
aspyoz wrote:
thats a decent profile dude, almost makes me wanna go on a walk on the beach with you

:lol: I agree, WeatherFreak. Your profile's quite good.

I really should stop looking at international profiles. It drives me crazy with its impossibility. :roll:

i know what you mean, i moved to the country from sydney about 5 months ago with no intention to do the dating or dating site thing. Then i read on here about okcupid, and since i joined the only people even half interested have been back where i came from in sydney, which is 160 kilometres away :) imposibility, its a 5 hour round trip to sydney and back....

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 3:22 am

But you're a tough Aussie! 160 is nothing. :P No chance then of you moving back to Sydney?

Was in Oz twice. Would love to go back again and see more of it.

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 3:31 am

On an unrelated note, my ex-husband worships Hunter S. Thompson. He enjoyed driving through Barstow on our way to Vegas and we made a special trip to Circus Circus to see the carousel (which unfortunately didn't materialise).

aspyoz
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 5:06 am

Esther wrote:
But you're a tough Aussie! 160 is nothing. Razz No chance then of you moving back to Sydney?

Was in Oz twice. Would love to go back again and see more of it.

160 x 2 = 320 kilometres taking 5 hours round trip, sure the first girl who contacted me was 21, stunning, but seeing someone but chatting me up. Im not sure i would have made the 5 hour roundtrip for her (which i could only do once or twice a week) even if she wasnt currently seeing someone. i decided to give up on okcupid because it seems people on there that ive spoken to are already seeing people but still actively looking, thats not a relationship or the beginnings of one to me. I already have trust issues when it comes to women.

If youve been here you know the place is vast and sure 160km doesnt seem that much but when you do it once a week every week it does get to you. I do get about my best sleep of the week on the train journey though!

Esther wrote:
On an unrelated note, my ex-husband worships Hunter S. Thompson. He enjoyed driving through Barstow on our way to Vegas and we made a special trip to Circus Circus to see the carousel (which unfortunately didn't materialise).

"We were somewhere near Bartstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...."

Your ex husband is a man of impeccable taste, i have read the book and watched that film soo many times, i try and fit it in every 3 months. Hunter was the last of the great writers and totally unique. I miss the good doctor so much. I dont vocalise a lot of my inner thoughts because they are just as twisted as his.

Pity about no carousel, that would have made the road trip!

You didnt pick up any hitchikers and admire the shapes of their skulls, did you? :)

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 10:51 am

Yeah, was kidding about the distance. Not something I could continuously do either, unless you're both in agreement of it being a long-distance relationship and really trust each other. Mine was a long-distance relationship, but something had to give and I ended up moving abroad after the wedding.

I can kinda understand why people would want to keep dating others while on any site. BUT, being on a dating site when one is already involved with someone seriously in real life? Big NO NO and I'd be running for the hills.

My ex wasn't surprised at all that Hunter killed himself. It was a terrible shame, but he admired Hunter for doing what he said he'd do. That's one thing I loved about my ex. His interests exposed me to things I would never have bothered looking in to.

aspyoz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 2:33 am

Esther wrote:
Yeah, was kidding about the distance. Not something I could continuously do either, unless you're both in agreement of it being a long-distance relationship and really trust each other. Mine was a long-distance relationship, but something had to give and I ended up moving abroad after the wedding.

I can kinda understand why people would want to keep dating others while on any site. BUT, being on a dating site when one is already involved with someone seriously in real life? Big NO NO and I'd be running for the hills.

My ex wasn't surprised at all that Hunter killed himself. It was a terrible shame, but he admired Hunter for doing what he said he'd do. That's one thing I loved about my ex. His interests exposed me to things I would never have bothered looking in to.

Lol the distance, sheesh, the only plus side to that 5 hour round trip train journey is that i usually get my best sleep of the week on it :) Which is okay when im up there once each week to care for my great aunt. But yeah id be wanting the other person to make an effort too and im not the kind of high quality beefacke any chick is going to do a 320km round trip for!

About being involved and still actively seeking and running for the hills, yes i was tetchy about the already involved and seeking angle too. And as for running for the hills that was the assessment of my agony aunt on here (you know who you are) when i broke my PM cherry to ask her some advice, she summed it up by suggesting run, or at least until she 100% free of her current attachment.

I dont think anyone was too surprised about Hunter, he was never going to be the kind of person to be sitting in a nursing home and happy. He had been in a lot of pain for a lot of years as well. In his case it was the only way it could have ended. I was reading Ralph Steadmans book (The Jokes Over) the other week, he was Hunters collaborator/illustrator/friend for like 30 years, and he didnt mince words on why he thought Hunter did what he did, he blamed the Bush presidency for it, particularly his re-election. He couldnt conceive how the american people could get it so terribly wrong (like the rest of the world) and TWICE, and you have to remember Hunter lived through the rottenness of the Nixon era. He knew Nixon and though they reviled each other sometimes publicly, Nixon would actually give press a spray about Hunter specifically, they would still manage to communicate. Hunter did comment that the one time he rode with Nixon and all they did was talk football "was the only time in 20 years i knew the bastard wasnt lying to me". But Bush was an entirely different breed of imbecile and criminal altogether. He could cope with Nixon, but Bush was a bridge too far. Fear And Loathing On the Campaign Trail '72 is a great read for those who havent read it, but not unless you're interested in the american political system and the 1970's :) - i was, i grew up then, but it does expose the twisted machinery that gave the world Bush, because lets face it we outside the US have deal with the US's electoral mistakes as well, was well in place even then.

Still Hunter got his final wish, his ashes were shot out of the peyote fist tower that he and ralph had drawn decades earlier, and the button was pressed by Johnny Depp no less. It was one last great performance piece, and perhaps the last great mind of literature of our time was forever silenced.

Canadian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Feb 2011, 4:50 pm

Still single, 30 hours away from the dreaded Valentine's Day... I'm reposting what I originally posted a few months ago since nothing has changed in that regard:

PlentyOfFish nickname FreddyBeachGirl

In a nutshell, I'm a 36 year old female, convinced I have Asperger's though I have not been diagnosed by anyone yet due to a lack of expertise in my city. I know I don't view the world in the same way as an average person - my own mother has told me she suspected I had Asperger's when I was growing up. As an adult, I know I can "act" my way through most social situations where I may not be interested in the topic but I can fake it to make others happy. There are some situations that I just avoid if I know I'll feel out of place no matter what I say or do.

I don't enjoy the bar scene and I am not interested in hooking up for sex with guys on dating websites such as Plenty Of Fish or LavaLife. I've tried handfuls of those websites and have had no luck thus far. I've tried to make myself become extroverted in the last few years in hopes of finding a mate. Volunteering, curling, bowling, cooking classes, university night classes, etc. have brought me no luck in the dating department (either too many women, no single guys or the guys aren't dateable to me), though I have made a few great female friends in the process.

I have my own house, a good job as a computer programmer, two cats and a sporty little car. I've been told I have natural comedic timing and I do enjoy making people laugh.

So, that's a little about me. Maybe one of you guys will be interested - if so, send me a message.

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

15 Feb 2011, 1:06 pm

Okay, this is only cause I'm bored...

I'm kinda looking for friends, though if I find a good guy, then great.
I'm female, 18-21ish

I like to read, cook, like the country over the city, I do like to travel some, just takes some planning. I do believe in a risen savior.

I'm quiet, like contemporary music, but am open to anything that is not loud as it gives me a headache. Once I get to know people, I am more willing to talk. I do not care for fashion, I try to stay within social rules, but occasionally I miss a few and end up looking out of place.

I have never had a boyfriend, so yeah.

I live in Texas, but I've been to North Carolina and Bilbao, Spain. By myself. I stayed with a family in Spain.

Oh, and I am from a big family, so I am used to being in a noisy house, but I like to be by myself and enjoy the quiet.

My cat is the only one lately to try and distract me from this world.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 2:57 pm

Bilbao?? So lucky, I want to live in the Basque Country. :cry: What did you go to Bilbao for, do you have an interest in Basque?

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

16 Feb 2011, 9:38 am

dunbots wrote:
Bilbao?? So lucky, I want to live in the Basque Country. :cry: What did you go to Bilbao for, do you have an interest in Basque?

I do now, I like it here (will be here for a little bit longer...). I came to help a family do a Valentine's Day party. And to learn some more Spanish and the culture. Its been amazing, I think I'll come back, though probably not to live as my mom won't let me, apparently I'm too useful at home... :lol: Although, she may just have to learn to live without me, she will eventually, anyways...

I just need to learn more Spanish and I'll be set to stay for a longer period of time.

My cat is the only one lately to try and distract me from this world.

Nicholas1000x
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2011, 12:11 pm

im Nicholas , 31, UK iv had 3 in the past and im not really sure relationships are a good idea but i will put my name up :)