Do women still like flowers?

Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 8:38 pm

It just takes an aristocratic nightingale’s blood.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 8:53 pm

DigitalDesperado wrote:
blueroses wrote:
Love flowers. Been a long time since I've gotten any, though ...

It probably has something to do with your username. You are aware that blue roses are very rare. It's rumored that they can only be purchased with 3 dollar bills. Not that you aren't worthy and deserving of them of course :)

Lol. My username is actually a Tennessee Williams reference. (I was re-reading The Glass Menagerie around the time I joined the site, that was the first thing that popped into my head and now I'm sort of stuck with it several years later).

Khoma
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jun 2013, 7:19 am

Long distance relationship.

The first time I bought her a red rose and dried it. Meanwhile I made a pencil drawing of it. After about a week the colour of the rose had turned into a deep red, almost black. I sent it away along with some geeky gifts and chocolates. She got it about a week later, and was ecstatic. :3 She still has the rose a year later.

I've always wanted to order her flowers locally and have them delivered to her dorm, but she kept refusing them because she found cutting flowers silly and she didn't really have any space, sharing a dorm with two others. Anything I'd send to her would take over a week to arrive, so I could never buy anything here for her.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 4:15 pm

I used to not like getting flowers at all. It felt too scripted or too much like something I was "supposed to" like. I also didn't like getting candy or jewelry. I don't know why, but I didn't. I like all that now though, now that I'm older. It's not that I'm "supposed to" like them either, it's just that I like those things more now. I used to hardly ever wear jewelry and I was picky about the things I did wear and wouldn't want someone to try and buy me any because I had very specific tastes (not expensive, just specific).

When I was 20 I dated this guy with a lot of money. We dated for a short while. He was in the group that I hung out with and was nice, and we got along good. The money didn't have anything to do with why I dated him, I went out with him because I liked him. He wasn't my normal type and I broke up with him because it just wasn't working. However, he used to bring me flowers when he would pick me up for dates, and once not long after we had been dating he gave me a diamond necklace. A for real diamond necklace! Not something huge or anything, it was a gold chain with a diamond pendant on it. I guess it probably cost him about $300, which in 1984 was a lot of money to spend on a girl you had just started dating. I think I knew right then that it just wasn't going to work. Not because he was nice and did nice things for me, but he was so "traditionally nice" and did the kind of things that guys did in movies from the 50s and stuff. Took me out to nice places on our dates, but nothing ever creative. He was a great guy, and an ex bf of mine's sister ended up marrying him. Their personalities matched up a lot better than mine and his did. But, back then I would smile and thank him for the flowers (or whatever it was he gave me - and it was always something along those lines) but would inwardly kind of cringe because I didn't really want him to get me gifts, I had just wanted us to have fun hanging out or going places. Yeah, I was a weird 20 year old.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 4:35 pm

Women...
(except flower-haters)

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 6:20 am

You dont need flowers for romance, you need to care for your partners desires for romance, not for the desires of a cheap lovebook clishee. If a woman likes flowers, than its a good thing. And if she dont, there is no need for them and also no need for nonsense like telling "You are a woman. You have to liek flowers! Else I call the romantic police!"

And there is also no need to ask us if we like flowers, because these informations has no use for you in an relationship with another girl. Simply ask her then if SHE likes flowers. ^^

I dont hate flowers, I simply dont care for them. I cant do anything with that stuff, specially, when its about cutted flowers that will die anyway. What I hate is, that I am supposed to act in a certain way, when getting that stuff, or that people even blame you because of you not getting weird about flowers. Its as dumb as if I would make a boy allegations, because of him not liking Counter Strike. "nagnagnag...you are a boy, so you are supposed to like Counter Strike and to be happy about the Counter Strike present I bought. NO I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY USE FOR IT BECAUSE OF YOU NOT PLAYING COUNTERS STRIKE! Because I am an as*hole and I dont care for you, so I am not interested to inform myself about what YOU like. Thats much to complicated. You simply have to like what I bought you, because according to statistic you have to love it and now shut up you ungrateful worm!"

Sorry, but there are really guys like that out there, that blame you for them buying a present without infroming themselves before if you like that, and then you get the blames for being a Nazi-feminist, or complicate or whatever.

Its romantic to buy someone something he cares for. Whats so complicated about that? Sure, when you meet for the first time, you cant know so much, so you simply buy standard stuff and if your wrong its not bad thing, because people couldnt know each other before. But blaming another person for you not being interested in your partner, and so simply buying some useless stuff, nobody needs, and then blaming the partner for you being ignorant, is a joke. I never understood, why I should be happy for being presented with some stuff, I dont care for? The cause why I love my partner is that he cares for the things I like. So instead of flowers I get marzipan roses at valentines day, because I love marzipan. And he gets maronite hearts from me, because he loves maronite. :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 6:57 am

^ In KSA they have an anti-romance police!

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 8:55 am

I've never liked receiving flowers. Buy me a video game and I'm good.

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2013, 3:57 pm

I'm not crazy about flowers but it's more of the thought that counts.

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 4:25 pm

Wish I could say, but the norms have changed so much. My dad sent flowers to my mom after their first date. Then again they got engaged in three months, so maybe they just knew. All I know is, sending flowers after a first date these days seems likely a good way to kill off any relationship. People are crazy now.

DigitalDesperado
Raven
Raven

11 Jun 2013, 10:16 pm

blueroses wrote:
DigitalDesperado wrote:
blueroses wrote:
Love flowers. Been a long time since I've gotten any, though ...

It probably has something to do with your username. You are aware that blue roses are very rare. It's rumored that they can only be purchased with 3 dollar bills. Not that you aren't worthy and deserving of them of course :)

Lol. My username is actually a Tennessee Williams reference. (I was re-reading The Glass Menagerie around the time I joined the site, that was the first thing that popped into my head and now I'm sort of stuck with it several years later).

I like it... it's a cool name - kind of mysterious
I came across this picture and I thought you might like it
It might make an interesting avatar - if it suits your fancy

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/60/ ... 20tnta.jpgImage

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 3:13 am

Thelibrarian wrote:
In my experience, women love to receive flowers, but only from the right man.

Yep. Receiving flowers as a romantic gesture from someone who I wasn't interested in would be kind of awkward.
Sweet, if done by someone who I was already friends with (and who thus knew me well enough to be romantically interested), but awkward nonetheless.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 9:47 am

YES!

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2013, 4:24 pm

Flowers, don't lik'em.
If you want to win my heart, get some toys for my cats, and/or Ben&Jerry Cherry Garcia for me.
On second thought, s€rew the cats, just gimme the ice cream! :lol:

Khoma

16 Jun 2013, 4:28 pm

LoverOfDragons
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jul 2013, 3:46 pm

I love flowers, especially roses! They have the scent that makes me filled with bliss. ^_^