Good news for my haters: The Boo is finally devastated.

Page 3 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 1:51 pm

I don't think you did anything wrong. It's just something disappointing that happened.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 1:52 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
In other term, even a stranger religious guy off the street has more chances, no matter how low, to be accepted by her.

Do you mean that a random man off the street who is more religious has more chance with her?

The phrasing you used isn't good, unless you mean that men are weirder the more Muslim they are (couldn't possibly comment, etc etc).

As I said earlier: forget about her. Have a shandy (both the hand kind and the drink kind) and forget. Tomorrow is a new day.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm

Tequila wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
In other term, even a stranger religious guy off the street has more chances, no matter how low, to be accepted by her.

Do you mean that a random man off the street who is more religious has more chance with her?

The phrasing you used isn't good, unless you mean that men are weirder the more Muslim they are (couldn't possibly comment, etc etc).

Yes, by stranger I mean someone random/unfamiliar and not the comparative form of the word strange.

Quote:
As I said earlier: forget about her. Have a shandy (both the hand kind and the drink kind) and forget. Tomorrow is a new day.

Beer time.

spongy wrote:
How is that plan of moving to australia going boo?

I recall you saying you wanted to get out of a muslim country to see if girls were more understanding of your faith last year

lol spongy, I don't think I ever said that, wanted to move to Australia for other life reasons but certainly not to find girls.
Still working on it but my chances are low - my career isn't on their demanded list.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 2:23 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
For the record. I'm not one of those boo haters. Shame on them I say.

I'm ashamed.

That's the problem, when you think someone is perfect for you and you get along really well then all of sudden... BOOM, they lost interest. Just. Like. That. It always comes crashing down when you get along *that* well.

People even lie to themselves about how great a person is, and then they tell that person...leading them on as well as themselves, only for one single thing to suddenly end it all. And all those good reasons to stay with you? They no longer exist.

I mean, how can you trust anyone when they're not even honest with themselves?

...Is the paranoia sinking in yet? ;)

Still, I'm sorry it's happened. It really sucks, doesn't it?

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 4:30 pm

Maybe you shouldn't have dumped the soviet revolutionary wannabe atheist girls you told everyone about.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 4:40 pm

Yeah I know, you think you can negotiate everything but they just don't have reason in their mindset. Either that or they just don't want to wait and see how things turn out in the end.

Problem is this type of personality is quite common among the female population. hmm I wonder how sexist that statement is... :P

Persevero
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2013, 6:39 pm

I don't understand how somebody can call themselves religious and then break their religion's serious rules. At least, I thought Ramadan was a pretty big deal for muslims, I know a girl that's going through it now.

Not that pointing out the hypocrisy would help you in any way =(

I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope I don't go through the same here with a catholic girl.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 6:54 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
PS: No, this isn't a parody thread like the previous one.

I've been seeing a Muslim young woman the these 2 last weeks and half, it started slowly online then met her several times and we became more and more obsessed in no time with each other, mutual communication went non-stop, even until dawn.

There was intense mutual sexual attraction, and there was strong physical contact, we talked about extreme private stuff and she was the most understanding to my quirks and shortcomings- we've became so intimate quickly, to the point that I thought I have finally found my match.

This is all collapsed yesterday when she asked me why I am not fasting (it's the Islamic fasting month) - so I've told her I am not religious and I am agnostic, almost atheist, I usually don't disclose this info that fast but I didn't want to dodge the question, plus she isn't a devout muslim (otherwise she wouldn't be involved in sexual activity during the holy month of fasting!), she's not veiled nor she practices praying, so I thought it wouldn't be a major issue - the impact was much worse than expected; I've tried to fix the damage for hours, I've told her I have no problem with other people's faiths (and I do, I am not militant atheist) and it's not like I want to change her - it was no use : everything else she liked about me evaporated in her eyes instantly at that moment, she turned out she can't tolerate a life partner who doesn't believe in religion, she suggested to remain friends instead but who am I kidding, she also suggested to start seeking for another woman.

I could dodge the question and let her know about it gradually, something that always worked before after successive experimentation - but I was big mouthed this time in a bad timing, again, I've paid the price of my blunt honesty.

I have a question to religious people here: if you liked someone and turned out not of the same faith or lacking faith, would you neglect everything else about him/her?

Think of what you would be to allah, or god, or even jesus to be thorough. Now think of what we religious folk would do to deal with this problem. How do we deal with the fact that our spouse will not join us in the after life? This is absurd. But unlike her, I would feel sorrow on top of anger, that such a wonderful person can't understand God. It boggles our mind, and some people take it as an insult. I believe it is your choice to believe what you do, but I don't want to get to religious other than I hope to see you in heaven Boo, regardless of the fact you are an atheist. Knowing you, you'd bow before God when you are finally at his feet, so being atheist now in life, you may still have a chance when God does prove himself to you to change your mind. So don't worry to much, God gives all a chance to speak.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 7:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I don't think I ever said that, wanted to move to Australia for other life reasons but certainly not to find girls.

Yeah right, I know why you want to move to Australia. *bats eyelashes*

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I don't think I ever said that, wanted to move to Australia for other life reasons but certainly not to find girls.

Yeah right, I know why you want to move to Australia. *bats eyelashes*

Now we're really in trouble. :razz:

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:34 pm

Well, I think it sounds like she wasn't good enough for our Face Of Boo.

I hope this experience gives you a confidence boost, though. It sounds like she was really into you, other than the religious difference, which couldn't have been helped.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 2:06 am

It gave me a boost of disgust if anything.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 3:12 am

minervx wrote:
Also, you don't have haters.

Every person on the planet has personal haters.

A lot of people might not be fully aware of even having them though.

This is just how society rolls, regardless of who you are.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 4:07 am

Plenty of fish in the sea boo sorry to hear that happened.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2013, 5:58 am

this is why you never get close to the religious nutjobs

could you imagine it, you having to fast every year just because she thinks it'll make god happy, even though you know god doesn't exist. would it not drive you insane?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 10:24 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
PS: No, this isn't a parody thread like the previous one.

I've been seeing a Muslim young woman the these 2 last weeks and half, it started slowly online then met her several times and we became more and more obsessed in no time with each other, mutual communication went non-stop, even until dawn.

There was intense mutual sexual attraction, and there was strong physical contact, we talked about extreme private stuff and she was the most understanding to my quirks and shortcomings- we've became so intimate quickly, to the point that I thought I have finally found my match.

This is all collapsed yesterday when she asked me why I am not fasting (it's the Islamic fasting month) - so I've told her I am not religious and I am agnostic, almost atheist, I usually don't disclose this info that fast but I didn't want to dodge the question, plus she isn't a devout muslim (otherwise she wouldn't be involved in sexual activity during the holy month of fasting!), she's not veiled nor she practices praying, so I thought it wouldn't be a major issue - the impact was much worse than expected; I've tried to fix the damage for hours, I've told her I have no problem with other people's faiths (and I do, I am not militant atheist) and it's not like I want to change her - it was no use : everything else she liked about me evaporated in her eyes instantly at that moment, she turned out she can't tolerate a life partner who doesn't believe in religion, she suggested to remain friends instead but who am I kidding, she also suggested to start seeking for another woman.

I could dodge the question and let her know about it gradually, something that always worked before after successive experimentation - but I was big mouthed this time in a bad timing, again, I've paid the price of my blunt honesty.

I have a question to religious people here: if you liked someone and turned out not of the same faith or lacking faith, would you neglect everything else about him/her?

That's unfortunate Boo. There are people who despite not being that religious themselves, nonetheless can't accept other people who lack belief.