Does she like me? What should I do?

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 3:57 pm

bromide wrote:
Do people usually take more time to understand what they want? I have seen relationships take off in a span of 6 months and last to the point of marriage.

That depends a lot on the people involved. I've had very fast progress and I've had things progressing extremely slow to the point of over a year just to get to the phase of talking. Personally, I prefer the slow path because it is more enjoyable and builds a stronger attachment.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 4:04 pm

bromide wrote:
I leave alone in a house not a room/apartment. Sounds like a neighborhood moron.
Met a girl near my house(8 months back). She started coming to my house to hang out. This started to happen daily. She would come over and hang out for around hour and a half on a daily basis(only talking nothing physical). She started sharing too much personal stuff. It came to an extent of her asking me which dress looks good on her, grocery shopping, asking me to choose(not buy) a dress for her and many other things. I had started liking her.

Built up some courage and asked her out(messaged her). Her answer was very vague (not a definite no). The very next day she comes down and behaves as if nothing had taken place and behaves the same way as she usually does. This went on for a month or so.

One day when she dropped by for some lunch she started talking about some(general) relationship stuff. Built up some courage again and asked her what did she mean by her reply when I asked her out and clearly indicated that I am interested in her(again). This time it was a proper no.

Got a little sad. But, things did not add up (her behavior towards me and the no). I messaged her asking for some clarifications.

Her reply is that she is super comfortable with me(a little physical too like touching, acting cute/childlike around me etc.) and can talk about anything with me(she has talked about very, very intimate stuff). She is not this comfortable with anyone else. I did not find this comfortable and asked her to spend less time with me.

She did follow that for some time. But came down to the same things again. I started avoiding her in a very discreet way and have gotten it to an extent where the amount of time she spends is comfortable with me.

But, she still discusses very intimate stuff(I have stopped talking about my personal stuff).

Recently, she sent me pics of her wearing some new dresses she was trying from the dressing room!(not comfortable). We even went out for dinner on my birthday. She has cooked for me, has gotten me home cooked food, chocolates, and many other things like the above. She came down a couple of days ago and started discussing some very personal stuff. I am only enduring the above is because people have advised me that I should not be too blunt with people.

I still am interested in her. But, I do not understand what is she trying to do. Even after me specifically making it clear that If she is not interested in me, she should maintain some personal distance.

What is she doing?
Are all girls like this?
Does she like me?
Should I stop talking to her?
Is she just playing around with me?

I do not understand what flirting is. This has been a huge ordeal for me. Please advice.

TIA

DoubleCatrin
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2015, 2:55 am

AngelRho wrote:
Catrin, you are TOO CUTE! ;)

It's always nice to be complimented but Am I?
Your senses, sir, might be fooled by this digital filter between us.
If I were to give you my full record of personality and behavior I would fall most probably in your category of "downright psychotic".
Or was that just some sort of irony or sarcasm o.0???

anyhow...hope your choice will make you feel at peace Bromi,

imaginary? bartender at
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=262032&start=285

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 5:15 am

DoubleCatrin wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
Catrin, you are TOO CUTE! ;)

It's always nice to be complimented but Am I?
Your senses, sir, might be fooled by this digital filter between us.
If I were to give you my full record of personality and behavior I would fall most probably in your category of "downright psychotic".
Or was that just some sort of irony or sarcasm o.0???

I'm not good at irony or sarcasm.

I enjoy reading your posts. As far as downright psychotic goes, well…first of all…there IS that digital filter, so I don't feel threatened by you or anyone else on here. Second, I tend to hold off on judging someone until I actually get to know them. Maybe I'd like to hear more about that "full record" sometime. :)

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 5:36 am

rdos wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
Actually…lol…no, DON'T trust me. Give it a shot and see what happens. Prove me wrong. I actually love it when people prove me wrong…lol. If you try to kiss her and she runs away, then you don't have to deal with her anymore. If she kisses you back at least, or at most that leads to other things, then you have a gf by default. It may not last, of course, but it's an easy first step. Enjoy the ride.

I wouldn't do that to a neurodiverse girl. At least not the variant using the tongue. He might try with non-tongue kissing or probably better, affectionate hugging.

Oh, believe me, I wouldn't do that with ANY girl I was actually interested in keeping around. I usually advise against this kind of thing. I'm suggesting he actually TRY to make her go away by coming on strong and initiating some more intense physical contact. If she really isn't interested in a relationship, making out with her or trying to will have the effect of pushing her away. A FWB relationship is SOMETHING, at least, though not as satisfying as a LTR. My thinking is either this will push her away or it will take the relationship up to the next level.

He's frustrated because she's not reciprocating his feelings, i.e. she doesn't seem to like him "in that way." He needs her to either step things up or leave. In fact, he's already told her to leave before…she just keeps coming back. I've actually told a girl once that I have certain expectations from her if we keep hanging out the way we did, and if she's the least bit uncomfortable with that then we need to stop seeing each other. She knew in no uncertain terms what was going to happen. It was a fun relationship!

And that's why I think he needs to put some pressure on this girl. She knows where she stands with him. I think she's just waiting for him to do what he's going to do. If I'm wrong, then she's naive. She thinks he's "safe" so she's going to take full advantage of him emotionally, toying with his emotions while curing her own loneliness. His problem is he doesn't WANT to be safe. I think he needs to show her he's not safe and make her confront that head on. If I really liked this girl myself, I'd eventually reach a point where I couldn't take it anymore. I'd kiss her, and if she let me, I'd kiss her often. Once she knows I'm serious, she's either going to realize this is a bad situation for her and she'll leave, or she'll do something between just going with it and enjoying it short term (FWB) or being your gf.

Like I said, I could be completely out of line here. But I do find this situation fascinating and am eagerly looking forward to seeing how this ends up.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 7:00 am

AngelRho wrote:
Oh, believe me, I wouldn't do that with ANY girl I was actually interested in keeping around. I usually advise against this kind of thing. I'm suggesting he actually TRY to make her go away by coming on strong and initiating some more intense physical contact. If she really isn't interested in a relationship, making out with her or trying to will have the effect of pushing her away. A FWB relationship is SOMETHING, at least, though not as satisfying as a LTR. My thinking is either this will push her away or it will take the relationship up to the next level.

We are in agreement about that, but I think our ideas of how to do it differs. It's kind of the difference between punching her and giving a hug. If you really want her to leave, threatening with violence or actually punching her will most certainly do the job, but if that is not the preferred outcome, then you need to be a little more careful. That's why I advice against kissing or trying to have sex with her. Many neurodiverse girls dislike both of these things, and if you announce that being with you requires that, it will have a similar effect as threatening with violence. I think affectionate hugging is a much better option as it most certainly will increase her feelings for him (unless she tries to get out of it), which I think is the preferred outcome in this case.

Of course, it will also depend on what Bromide actually wants from a gf. I might be biased in that regard as I'm asexual.

AngelRho wrote:
He's frustrated because she's not reciprocating his feelings, i.e. she doesn't seem to like him "in that way." He needs her to either step things up or leave.

Yes, but what he wants is for her to like him more so she will want to step things up, not for him to put demand on her which could lead to the opposite. Especially if he tries to do things that she find appalling.

AngelRho wrote:
In fact, he's already told her to leave before…she just keeps coming back. I've actually told a girl once that I have certain expectations from her if we keep hanging out the way we did, and if she's the least bit uncomfortable with that then we need to stop seeing each other. She knew in no uncertain terms what was going to happen. It was a fun relationship!

Never experienced that. Actually, I thrive on playing games in the beginning so I wouldn't even think about accelerating things. :mrgreen:

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 7:45 am

rdos wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
He's frustrated because she's not reciprocating his feelings, i.e. she doesn't seem to like him "in that way." He needs her to either step things up or leave.

Yes, but what he wants is for her to like him more so she will want to step things up, not for him to put demand on her which could lead to the opposite. Especially if he tries to do things that she find appalling.

I think what Bromide wants, or at least needs, is for her to stop leading him on. I don't think Bromide likes "games." I hate when women do that, and it appears he does, too.

I think he needs to be "punch-in-the-face" bold in how he handles her [@Bromide: No, don't actually punch her in the face]. I have a suspicion and am eager to have this suspicion confirmed. I suspect she actually wants this. I don't actually think she'll find it appalling. However, if she DOES find it appalling, I think she'll leave him alone. Overall I think it's wrong to pressure women into these situations. But at the same time, if I'm only going out with one girl and she's constantly over at my place, I tend to expect certain things and if she's not on board with that, she needs to find some other place to go. If he was interested in being "just friends," this wouldn't be a problem. But Bromide doesn't want to be "just friends." I think he needs to make a move, preferably a bold one.

In normal situations, I'd agree with you. I just don't think this is a normal situation.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 8:53 am

AngelRho wrote:
But at the same time, if I'm only going out with one girl and she's constantly over at my place, I tend to expect certain things and if she's not on board with that, she needs to find some other place to go. If he was interested in being "just friends," this wouldn't be a problem. But Bromide doesn't want to be "just friends." I think he needs to make a move, preferably a bold one.

As long as the girl didn't have any other guy (and I had no other girl), I'd find the whole thing an amusing game that I'd wan't to keep up as long as possible. Putting pressure on the girl could ruin it all, so I'd not even think about that possibility. Besides, I don't have any strict borders between gf, friend and acquaintance, so I wouldn't worry a bit if she was or could become a gf. For me, as long as she keeps it exclusive, I'd be fine with it regardless of what has been agreed.