Why do people engage in fornication before marriage?

Page 3 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 2:08 pm

It's their hobby I suppose. For people who get vasectomies, more power to them. No innocent, unwanted children are a result because of them. If anything, I think more people need to get fixed if they want to continuously have sex without wanting children. The world would be a much better place, less welfare children we have to pay for with our taxes and less idiots with low I.Qs reproducing.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Last edited by Homer_Bob on 29 May 2015, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 2:11 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A better question would be, "Why do so many allegedly 'Christian' people (and especially their allegedly 'Christian' leaders) seem to commit adultery during their marriages?". Do any of you self-professed Christians want to answer that one? :? Well ... ?
Because, like everything, it is God's will. :D
:wall: Razzum-frazzum kid beat me to the punchline ...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 2:11 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
It's their hobby I suppose. For people who get vasectomies, more power to them. No innocent, unwanted children are a result because of them. If anything, I think more people need to get fixed if they want to continuously have sex without wanting children. The world would be a much better place, less welfare children we have to pay for without taxes and less idiots with low I.Qs reproducing.

You know there are non-surgical methods of birth control, right? Condoms aren't exactly expensive.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 2:14 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Homer_Bob wrote:
It's their hobby I suppose. For people who get vasectomies, more power to them. No innocent, unwanted children are a result because of them. If anything, I think more people need to get fixed if they want to continuously have sex without wanting children. The world would be a much better place, less welfare children we have to pay for without taxes and less idiots with low I.Qs reproducing.

You know there are non-surgical methods of birth control, right? Condoms aren't exactly expensive.

Of course but how many people use them correctly? And condoms can break quite easily. People continue to get pregnant by their mistakes regardless of whatever birth control methods they try to use but still fail. They aren't a sure thing like a vasectomy.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 2:20 pm

I blame Iranaeus. :D

One of the most sex-filled literary works out there is the Old Testament. Beginning with Abram (later Abraham) screwing Sarah's slave girl Hagar---with Sarah's blessing at first. Then we have good old King Solomon with his 30 wives and 300 concubines, who is also credited with writing one of the classic pieces of erotica in antiquity---the Song of Solomon, aka the Canticle of Canticles.

Sex became dirty sometime around the end of the first century CE. So dirty that Jesus had to be borne by a womb that had never been "defiled" by ordinary humans, either before or after his conception.

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 3:19 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
I'm confused as to why people copulate if they aren't husband and wife.

Unlike previous times before contraception and Godlessness, these days it is a social norm, even a requirement to fornicate, if you don't then you will be alone forever.
I have had sex with quite a number of Women, not once did I instigate it or seduce the Woman, not saying I didn't enjoy it, but life without a partner is a life to make you bitter against life itself and you have to do "it" these days, it must be even worst for Women who don't always want sex as much as men and would rather Love comes first, but they know they have to if they want a boyfriend.

Blame social engineering.

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 9:56 pm

It's very pervasive.

And people do it because it's fun.

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 May 2015, 10:00 pm

Me & my girlfriend would of gotten married but we're both disabled & it would screw her benefits so we just act like we're married & that includes sex.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 10:25 pm

there was a song that came out about 25 years ago or so, with the following lyrics that seemed to have something to say about the subject-

Have you noticed, that people are still having sex?
All the denouncement, had absolutely no effect.
Parents and counselors, constantly scorn them.
But people are still having sex and nothing seems to stop them.
Do you realize that people are still having sex?
They've been told not to, perhaps they are perplexed.
When you see them holding hands, they're making future plans to engage in the activity.
Do you understand me?
People are still having sex.
Lust keeps on lurking.
Nothing makes them stop.
This AIDS thing's not working.
It's been going on for quite awhile.
Perhaps it's quite fashionable.
It hasn't gone out of style.
It's a fact that people are still having sex.
It's rather obvious, it's just what one expects.
The evidence is all around.
That everyone in every town has had it one time, or another in their life.
At this very moment people are still having sex.
In a downtown condo, or street in the projects.
Although you can't see them or hear their breathing sounds.
Someone in this world is having sex right now.
People are still having sex!
Lust keeps on lurking.
Nothing makes them stop.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 1:28 am

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A better question would be, "Why do so many allegedly 'Christian' people (and especially their allegedly 'Christian' leaders) seem to commit adultery during their marriages?". Do any of you self-professed Christians want to answer that one? :? Well ... ?
Because, like everything, it is God's will. :D
:wall: Razzum-frazzum kid beat me to the punchline ...

:lol:

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 2:29 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Even as someone with a low libido, I think that is as insane as buying a car sight unseen. How the heck would you know if you would 'fit' or that you are compatible? I have a specific kink that my partner has to share (and she does) in order for me to remain satisfied. If I did not know I would be taking a HUGE gamble with a lifelong commitment. I might drop $10 at the blackjack table but I am not gambling with my entire life's direction.

I have trouble understanding your point of view. Surely if on the wedding night (or whenever the first time ended up being) things were not entirely satisfactory to both parties, this could be discussed if you are in a loving relationship, and you could learn together. Also, are you really saying that your happiness depends upon your beloved sharing a specific predilection? Surely that would restrict your options considerably (though clearly not in your case; every one might not be as fortunate as you however). To some extent, not having experienced intercourse, my main concern would be that she enjoy it and that I not be too awkward. I do not understand why one would be so particular about the finer nuances.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 2:38 am

AlexandertheSolitary wrote:
I do not understand why one would be so particular about the finer nuances.

as mark twain might have said, the difference between good sex and "meh" sex, is like the difference between lightning and lightning bug. IOW if one has had good sex, there is no going back. if one has not had good sex, one has surely missed one of life's sublime pleasures.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 2:38 am

This post needs a "HIV is corporate-manufactured bull-shit for corporate-government & cabal-bankers' profits" response... replete with a video that proves™ beyond all reasonable-doubt™ that y'all been living a huge lie all of your life...

auntblabby wrote:
there was a song that came out about 25 years ago or so, with the following lyrics that seemed to have something to say about the subject-

Have you noticed, that people are still having sex?
All the denouncement, had absolutely no effect.
Parents and counselors, constantly scorn them.
But people are still having sex and nothing seems to stop them.
Do you realize that people are still having sex?
They've been told not to, perhaps they are perplexed.
When you see them holding hands, they're making future plans to engage in the activity.
Do you understand me?
Lust keeps on lurking.
Nothing makes them stop.
It's a fact that people are still having sex.
It's rather obvious, it's just what one expects.
The evidence is all around.
That everyone in every town has had it one time, or another in their life.
At this very moment people are still having sex.
In a downtown condo, or street in the projects.
Although you can't see them or hear their breathing sounds.
Someone in this world is having sex right now.
People are still having sex!
Lust keeps on lurking.
Nothing makes them stop.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 2:56 am

Nambo wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
I'm confused as to why people copulate if they aren't husband and wife.

Unlike previous times before contraception and Godlessness, these days it is a social norm, even a requirement to fornicate, if you don't then you will be alone forever.
I have had sex with quite a number of Women, not once did I instigate it or seduce the Woman, not saying I didn't enjoy it, but life without a partner is a life to make you bitter against life itself and you have to do "it" these days, it must be even worst for Women who don't always want sex as much as men and would rather Love comes first, but they know they have to if they want a boyfriend.

Blame social engineering.

It is clearly not a requirement, nor is it a necessity if one is to avoid permanent solitude (plenty of abstinent people have subsequently become happily married). Granted about norms having changed so that it is more socially acceptable (though it has been occurring throughout history; nevertheless, in some eras the consequences, particularly for women were often far more severe; they still are in some cultures). Speaking as a man, I would personally also prefer there to be romance and a mutually loving relationship before I got to indulge in the long deferred ardent lovemaking. At the same time I wish to make clear that I am not some sort of eunuch or Cyberman with no sexual desire; on the contrary I am at least as voluptuous (in the sense of sensual, not curvaceous!) as the next man or woman. But surely all of us have to sometimes exercise control; not just in this area, but in others such as our use of words. We all need to consider other people, whatever our moral boundaries. Are you not troubled by the emotional impact (for both parties) of so many broken relationships (unless all these women were seen concurrently, which would be even worse!) I do not mean to be offensive; I am genuinely puzzled by this. At least if it had only been dating without fornication, surely the impact inevitable with any breakup would be lessened somewhat? May I ask if you are currently in a long term stable relationship, and how you knew that ending up alone would be the certain result of abstinence if you did not try it? Again, I may be making unwarranted assumptions there. I have trouble understanding why it would be considered by some as intrinsically irrational; Christians are not the only faith group that regard fornication and adultery, and I can think of plenty of rational nonreligious reasons to at least wait before rushing into one's first sexual relationship. Also it seems to me that there is something sick in a society that makes people feel that there is something wrong with them if they have not lost their virginity by a purely arbitrary date.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 3:02 am

AlexandertheSolitary wrote:
I do not understand why one would be so particular about the finer nuances.

as mark twain might have said, the difference between good sex and "meh" sex, is like the difference between lightning and lightning bug. IOW if one has had good sex, there is no going back. if one has not had good sex, one has surely missed one of life's sublime pleasures.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 3:17 am

Fnord wrote:
A better question would be, "Why do so many allegedly 'Christian' people (and especially their allegedly 'Christian' leaders) seem to commit adultery during their marriages?".

Do any of you self-professed Christians want to answer that one?

:? Well ... ?

Are the proportions so high? I could not name one couple among those of my fellow Christians known to me who have married whom I know to have been unfaithful. Obviously these at least professed Christians are hypocrites, especially the leaders, but you do realise that "Christian couples in congregation, including the pastor and his wife, have been faithful, committed and loving for years," would not sell as many papers; we notice the offenders, not those who refrain from the offence. I have no idea why anyone would wish to jeopardise their marriage, whether they are Christian or not. Obviously I have heard second-hand accounts of people who profess to be Christian but act in ways at odds with this profession (not just in sexual ethics; many do not abide by teachings such as love thy neighbour or do unto others as you would have them do unto you either). Also, notwithstanding changing norms, it might still be expedient for some people, such as politicians in the United States (not so much in my own country of Australia) to profess Christianity to avoid prejudice against atheists among some voters. Also, some Christians have adjusted their ethics to match those of the currently prevailing norms. I am inclined to blame a perversion of the meaning of "faith not works" among some Protestants, although clearly there are professed Roman Catholic offenders as well. I also suspect that some of us Christians abuse an assurance of salvation, which ought to make us humble, grateful and compassionate, and become complacent, lazy and arrogant instead. It is actually a kind of backhanded compliment that you are willing to hold us Christians to a higher standard (though of course we should be holding to this standard ourselves). Keep up the good work! We all need to be kept accountable, and rebuked when we go astray!