Reasons women do not date us!

Page 25 of 57 [ 901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 57  Next

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 9:05 am

babybird wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
jamesy, out of all the threads you've made about this topic, what advice have you taken and decided to try out?

I think he like the conversation we're all having personally

I would have to agree.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 9:08 am

Nades wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:

Nobody has claimed that these were new revelations. Yet the fact remains that, regardless of how obvious a solution it is, it keeps getting ignored and neglected as an option, in favor of nonsense about "muscles, money, narcissists!" As long as it keeps getting ignored, it bears repeating, cos that's what's gonna solve the problem. Y'all keep askin', that's the answer.

Nobody has to look amazing, few of us do, but looking after your physique and having a decent job is a lot better than being fat and unemployed when someone has a developmental disorder to add on top for example. To an extent it isn't nonsense and just good lifestyle choices to try ones best at all.

Working on all aspects is better than just focusing on one. Being autistic, there are limitations with social fluidity. Spending less time in his favourite pub and trying not to make women feel awkward is a good start but so is looking for a job and if he's out of shape, start working on it.
Working on all aspects could be too overwhelming, especially for people who have mental health concerns as many of us do. When it comes to personal goals, it’s often a good idea to start small and build from there. I have trouble focusing on a lot of different goals at once. It seems to make it harder to accomplish any of them.

Over the years, there’s been a tendency to focus on physique and employment WAY too much in L&D. Sometimes those things should be pretty far down a person’s list of priorities. Sometimes they are so far down it’s absurd to even mention them. A lot of people here can’t work due to disabilities and being overweight/out-of-shape isn’t that unusual these days. It hasn’t stopped many from finding partners, including some on WP.

Quote:
The Health Survey for England 2021 estimates that 25.9% of adults in England are obese and a further 37.9% are overweight but not obese. Obesity is usually defined as having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or above. BMI between 25 and 30 is classified as ‘overweight’.

The survey, published in December 2022, found that men are more likely than women to be overweight or obese (68.6% of men, 59.0% of women).

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/re ... s/sn03336/

(Weight loss is obviously a good health goal. I just think there’s a tendency to worry about superficial stuff too much here.)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:15 am

honeytoast wrote:
jamesy, out of all the threads you've made about this topic, what advice have you taken and decided to try out?

Well to find other places to meet people except bars. Recently I had a friend round on the weekend for coffee

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:19 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:

Nobody has claimed that these were new revelations. Yet the fact remains that, regardless of how obvious a solution it is, it keeps getting ignored and neglected as an option, in favor of nonsense about "muscles, money, narcissists!" As long as it keeps getting ignored, it bears repeating, cos that's what's gonna solve the problem. Y'all keep askin', that's the answer.

Nobody has to look amazing, few of us do, but looking after your physique and having a decent job is a lot better than being fat and unemployed when someone has a developmental disorder to add on top for example. To an extent it isn't nonsense and just good lifestyle choices to try ones best at all.

Working on all aspects is better than just focusing on one. Being autistic, there are limitations with social fluidity. Spending less time in his favourite pub and trying not to make women feel awkward is a good start but so is looking for a job and if he's out of shape, start working on it.
Working on all aspects could be too overwhelming, especially for people who have mental health concerns as many of us do. When it comes to personal goals, it’s often a good idea to start small and build from there. I have trouble focusing on a lot of different goals at once. It seems to make it harder to accomplish any of them.

Over the years, there’s been a tendency to focus on physique and employment WAY too much in L&D. Sometimes those things should be pretty far down a person’s list of priorities. Sometimes they are so far down it’s absurd to even mention them. A lot of people here can’t work due to disabilities and being overweight/out-of-shape isn’t that unusual these days. It hasn’t stopped many from finding partners, including some on WP.

Quote:
The Health Survey for England 2021 estimates that 25.9% of adults in England are obese and a further 37.9% are overweight but not obese. Obesity is usually defined as having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or above. BMI between 25 and 30 is classified as ‘overweight’.

The survey, published in December 2022, found that men are more likely than women to be overweight or obese (68.6% of men, 59.0% of women).

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/re ... s/sn03336/

(Weight loss is obviously a good health goal. I just think there’s a tendency to worry about superficial stuff too much here.)

I am 172cm and weigh 167 pounds which gives me a BMI of 25.6 so like most adults in the UK I am overweight

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:22 am

^ I wouldn’t even consider that to be overweight although technically it is slightly in the overweight category.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:26 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
^ I wouldn’t even consider that to be overweight although technically it is slightly in the overweight category.

When telling people I weigh near 168 pounds they don’t believe me which makes me wonder were this weight is coming from?

Maybe I have a big bum or carry most of it in my legs not upper body as such

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:28 am

Jamesy wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

Well to find other places to meet people except bars. Recently I had a friend round on the weekend for coffee

that's good! you should continue doing that.

~~~~

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:30 am

honeytoast wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

Having a friend round my house instead of going to the pub?

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:36 am

Jamesy wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

Yes, and not going to the pub every weekend.

I have a random question for you. Why do you order budlight at the bar when you can just get it at the store? Do you not have like a local brewery that does stuff you like or tried anything else?

~~~~

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:41 am

honeytoast wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

I have a random question for you. Why do you order budlight at the bar when you can just get it at the store? Do you not have like a local brewery that does stuff you like or tried anything else?

They do fosters at the store usually which is weak at 3.7 ABV.

I think majority of people would rather drink socially with friends then on there own at home

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:44 am

My parents say that not going out is anti social

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:48 am

Jamesy wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

You're fortunate to have friends

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:51 am

babybird wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

You're fortunate to have friends

There not true friends though

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:52 am

Well that's probably true for a lot of people. I've known loads of people in my life but true friends I can probably count on one finger

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:53 am

Jamesy wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

They do fosters at the store usually which is weak at 3.7 ABV.

I think majority of people would rather drink socially with friends then on there own at home

I mean like at the bar.

~~~~

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 11:02 am

What times of the month do the least people go out to pubs/bars?