Do women still like flowers?

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

CheredIsTyping
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jul 2013, 4:03 am

My husband takes pictures of flowers he'd like to buy but can't (cause we're poor) and sends them to my phone. It's cute, but someday I'd like actual ones to put on the table and keep. Preferably in a pot. Oooh then anytime he gets me new ones I can put the old ones in the yard and our house will be beautiful with love! Today I am a 1950's housewife!

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 4:43 am

Flowers can be a little boring these days unless you find a way to spice it up. Personally going out and collecting the flowers, or escalating the flowers from something simple to things more and more lavish are some ways to go. Just showing up with some flowers you got from a shop shows that you've no creativity and are only good for a meal ticket; nothing too difficult to outcompete.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2013, 1:26 am

How about e-flowers?
I tried that once like 15 years ago, when I finally found (again [*]) the courage to try to ask out a girl I liked (I had started on a new job after quite a while unemployed)... only for the e-mail to bounce back due to the address not being found. Years later I found out she had left for the U.S. and apparently is working there now. I guess that's why her e-mail account at the university was deleted... (and why I hadn't seen her around for a couple of months)

[*] The first time I had tried to ask her out, a friend of mine happened to choose right that instant to show up looking for me and ruined the moment...

LoverOfDragons
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jul 2013, 7:15 am

machf wrote:
How about e-flowers?
I tried that once like 15 years ago, when I finally found (again [*]) the courage to try to ask out a girl I liked (I had started on a new job after quite a while unemployed)... only for the e-mail to bounce back due to the address not being found. Years later I found out she had left for the U.S. and apparently is working there now. I guess that's why her e-mail account at the university was deleted... (and why I hadn't seen her around for a couple of months)

[*] The first time I had tried to ask her out, a friend of mine happened to choose right that instant to show up looking for me and ruined the moment...

Well shucks, that's a shame there, I gotta say. E-flowers are lovely too. My dad gets those for my mom every year on their anniversary. They are always beautiful! Well, until a while after obtaining them, then they die.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 1:57 am

Yes!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm

I wouldn't mind if my boyfriend got me flowers, real or artificial. After all, it's the thought that counts. :wink:

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 5:14 pm

nah thats so 2006