Page 4 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 9:52 am

I would say most partnerships happen outside the constraining confines of the 'dating world."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 10:02 am

Yes, most relationships start through the workplace and social life

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 12:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Seems too risky with the modern feminism. If the attempt goes south she says you harassed her and your fired, she uses personal information found out while dating to get you fired. What's more important your job and livelihood or a possible relationship?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 1:11 pm

Don't sheet where you it.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 1:15 pm

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Seems too risky with the modern feminism. If the attempt goes south she says you harassed her and your fired, she uses personal information found out while dating to get you fired. What's more important your job and livelihood or a possible relationship?

Those extreme(black/white) judgments you're always talking about of a guy for his job, age, etc, are more of an online-dating phenomenon. Meeting women IRL is definitely better.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 2:04 pm

I don’t like that idea. How do you know it isn’t “better” only because you’re physically intimidating the woman?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 2:09 pm

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What venger said; in real life, people form bonds that comes from friendship with mutual attraction, this is something that never happens in online dating; online dating is a systematized process of next, next, next, ok I try you.

In dating sites, It's much more like a princess scenario whom her father king is bringing her suitor princes to choose from, except there's no pressure on her.

KoalaAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2015, 2:17 pm

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Paranoid much? Mad feminist much?

Don't date your boss, immediate colleagues or minions. Don't date any colleagues if your office is small, probably. But if you work for a department that employs 50k people, part of a government that employs well over a million people and live in a town where 70% of people work for the Club Fed, not dating anybody who works for the Feds on principle is just plain silly.

I'm curious about how personal information can be used to get somebody fired if they haven't been stealing, killing people, sexually harassing people, doing drugs, breaking the law or torturing puppies in their off hours.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 2:20 pm

KoalaAardvark wrote:
sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Paranoid much? Mad feminist much?

Don't date your boss, immediate colleagues or minions. Don't date any colleagues if your office is small, probably. But if you work for a department that employs 50k people, part of a government that employs well over a million people and live in a town where 70% of people work for the Club Fed, not dating anybody who works for the Feds on principle is just plain silly.

I'm curious about how personal information can be used to get somebody fired if they haven't been stealing, killing people, sexually harassing people, doing drugs, breaking the law or torturing puppies in their off hours.

No, not the puppies!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 2:35 pm

I find it slightly humorous how you skimmed over everything else in favor of defending the puppies, InsomniaGirl! :D Where animal cruelty is concerned, I immediately defend the animals.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 2:57 pm

Hehe gotta love puppies :)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 3:09 pm

It seems to me that honesty and communication are key in any relationships. It seems like too many people are just throwing their caution and common sense to the wind and overly displaying their sexuality just because they can. That's probably why people get physical so quickly in relationships. They move vertically [straight up to physical stuff] instead of horizontally [as in becoming friends first and seeing if they are even compatible with each other].

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 3:15 pm

Employers fire people for non work related.

Example that guy who did the f**k her thing to a news reporter. He was off the job at a ball game yet he got fired.

Another example your ex tells your anti gun work place that you own guns and go target shooting and carry a gun when not at work. They hate guns so they fire you.

KoalaAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2015, 3:17 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
It seems to me that honesty and communication are key in any relationships. It seems like too many people are just throwing their caution and common sense to the wind and overly displaying their sexuality just because they can. That's probably why people get physical so quickly in relationships. They move vertically [straight up to physical stuff] instead of horizontally [as in becoming friends first and seeing if they are even compatible with each other].

I think it depends and it varies. Of my 4 serious boyfriends (1+ yrs together), 2 I was friends with first, one I met on my first day at work with the Feds and the current one I met online. There's no one right way to do relationships.

Phemto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2015, 3:19 pm

Through a very dedicated friend. One more actually connected man says that and I'll call it a trend.

KoalaAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2015, 3:23 pm

sly279 wrote:
Employers fire people for non work related.

Example that guy who did the f**k her thing to a news reporter. He was off the job at a ball game yet he got fired.

Another example your ex tells your anti gun work place that you own guns and go target shooting and carry a gun when not at work. They hate guns so they fire you.

The f**k guy was an idiot and employed in an at-will state, ie his employer could fire him for any or no reason at all.

I can't imagine a workplace caring about what you do with licensed, legally obtained guns in your off hours, but, um, okay. (I'm in DC, as pro-gun control as they come and have tons of friends who hunt and target shoot).