Very few women want Aspie men

Page 5 of 11 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 2:00 pm

Pepe wrote:
rdos wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I think part of the problem is he doesn't know what "s*x" is. :mrgreen:
Why so coy?
"Sex" is a 3 letter word, not 4. :scratch:

Perhaps, or he might know it but doesn't dare to tell her.

I think sex is a super-complicated issue in neurodiversity, and so much more than just having sexual intercourse for five minutes a few times a week or so.

Tell me about it. :roll:
It took me decades to understand/accept the way I am.

Me too, and I'm not quite sure I know it all yet. :-)

But I know that it is mostly in the brain, and that it cannot get really good unless you have a very good nonverbal connection so you can communicate directly without using words.

EliBarranger
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2020, 8:23 pm

Well I have to say that all of your replies are very insightful. I’m past the sex part now. I also have put away my feelings. I gave up my home to move in with him and A) he did not help me move and B) my household belongings went into a storage locker because there is no room in his house. The moment he said I could not even bring one of my own dressers in.....it was the start of the end. I haven’t even attempted sex with him again.

I have concluded we are room mates. He cannot understand why I am so upset. I went from owning my own home (equal in value to his that I bought with my own money and not a penny from anyone else), to a storage locker.

And lately our communication has gotten so bad I can’t stand to be near him. Everything I say irritates him. His replies are rude. Now you need to understand I am a positive, intelligent and respected person in my personal and professional life and liked by many......so I know it’s not me.

Of course I understand he is going through a bitter divorce and it is causing him much stress. But that stress is causing me huge amounts of stress.
I meditate to find my happy. It’s gone.

But I keep thinking there is hope with this guy.

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2020, 2:13 am

EliBarranger wrote:
Well I have to say that all of your replies are very insightful. I’m past the sex part now. I also have put away my feelings. I gave up my home to move in with him and A) he did not help me move and B) my household belongings went into a storage locker because there is no room in his house. The moment he said I could not even bring one of my own dressers in.....it was the start of the end. I haven’t even attempted sex with him again.

I have concluded we are room mates. He cannot understand why I am so upset. I went from owning my own home (equal in value to his that I bought with my own money and not a penny from anyone else), to a storage locker.

And lately our communication has gotten so bad I can’t stand to be near him. Everything I say irritates him. His replies are rude. Now you need to understand I am a positive, intelligent and respected person in my personal and professional life and liked by many......so I know it’s not me.

Of course I understand he is going through a bitter divorce and it is causing him much stress. But that stress is causing me huge amounts of stress.

Well.. having someone move into my overcrowded place would irritate me a lot.. it would interfere with my day and my life.. poor guy probably will probably leave his house to get some rest.. the whole 'i cannot stand him' thing reminds of my dad.. i love my dad, but having him around irritates me and i cannot stand him.. it's funny how you are torturing yourself.. on the other hand, he may just not have much space in his life for you.. after job, family, money, kids, and having to shower and dress yourself, he may have no energy left for you.. and if he had, it would be a small amount in the first place. I am afraid the only way to be happy living with an autistic person, is to become autistic yourself.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 4:30 am

EliBarranger wrote:

I'm usually good at sussing people out, but you are a mystery.

Why did you get involved with him in the first place?
Is he a looker?
Did you own your own house outright?
If so, I imagine you have a nice nest egg and your living costs would be significantly reduced, so you may be winning big time there.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 4:32 am

idntonkw wrote:
EliBarranger wrote:

Well.. having someone move into my overcrowded place would irritate me a lot.. it would interfere with my day and my life.. poor guy probably will probably leave his house to get some rest.. the whole 'i cannot stand him' thing reminds of my dad.. i love my dad, but having him around irritates me and i cannot stand him.. it's funny how you are torturing yourself.. on the other hand, he may just not have much space in his life for you.. after job, family, money, kids, and having to shower and dress yourself, he may have no energy left for you.. and if he had, it would be a small amount in the first place. I am afraid the only way to be happy living with an autistic person, is to become autistic yourself.

Bingo!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Aug 2020, 1:19 am

I would agree that it tends to be a lot harder for Aspie guys to get women than it tends to be for NT guys to get women. Lots of us on the spectrum have various issues that are partly related to us being on the spectrum & I believe the combo & extent of all those issues is a huge factor as to why Aspie guys have a harder time than NT guys. I belonged to various online communities for people with various disabilities & lots of NT guys who have various disabilities in general tend to have a hard time getting women compared to non disabled guys. An NT guy who has some physical disabilities that prevent him from maintaining gainful employment & having his sh!t together in life but who has good social skills, may have just as hard a time if not harder time getting women than an Aspie guy who's very high functioning. When I mentioned Aspergers on dating site profiles, I got lots of messages from women who were expecting me to have a good career in the tech industry or STEM fields in general. I have various physical & mental disabilities besides Aspergers & I struggled majorly to get romantic relationships & I think the combo of all my disabilities was why. I could of compensated for my Aspergers a lot if I wouldn't of had my other disabilities. My Aspergers wouldn't of been a huge deal for some women if I would of been able to have a good job & been much more independent with life. I also would of been able to compensate for my other disabilities much better if I wouldn't of had Aspergers on top of everything. I could of had better jobs & I would of had a much easier time finding employment if I wouldn't of had awkwardness with job interviews & I would of made much better 1st impressions with women when approaching them offline & online if I wouldn't of had Aspergers. :o

What ended up working for me with getting my current girlfriend & both my exes was that I actually sought out women who had various so-called issues, disabilities, & problems. Sometimes those types of people tend to be more accepting of others who also have issues/disabilities/problems. It makes sense to me from a logical perspective that sometimes people who have different issues/disabilities/problems can relate to what it's like to have struggles even if their struggles are due to different causes. Plus depending on how their specific strengths & weaknesses match up, the couple might could both have a very fulling mutualistic symbiotic relationship or interdependent relationship.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

alex
Developer
Developer

25 Aug 2020, 1:38 am

Vegeta wrote:
Very few women want a man with a neurological disorder its sad but true, even feminists with an open mind, an aspie male is awkward shy does not have a high paying job usually she wants a successful man with no mental disorders if she wants a man. Sorry guys but thats the truth if your an aspie.

Not really true.

If you're naturally really good looking, lots of women will want you.

If you're not the greatest looking but have a good sense of humor, you will attract people that way (look at successful comedians).

If you have a successful business and make good money and people look up to you, that's another way to attract.

If you're an athlete,that's another way.

If you're a musician, that also attracts people.

Lots of ways to be attractive even if you're awkward. And a lot of awkward people can still have charm and attract someone that way. A good attitude and confidence goes a really long way

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 2:13 am

The problem with all of those is that they are "status markers". If you have lots of money, a successful business, is good looking, excel at sports or is a public figure in some other way, then you will boost social status of your potential partners that become attracted to you because of this, but it will mostly be NTs since it is those that are attracted to such issues.

If you look at many successful artists, writers and such on the spectrum, you will notice many will stay lonely and their love affairs will often be highly catastrophic because they attract the wrong people.

alex
Developer
Developer

25 Aug 2020, 2:20 am

rdos wrote:
The problem with all of those is that they are "status markers". If you have lots of money, a successful business, is good looking, excel at sports or is a public figure in some other way, then you will boost social status of your potential partners that become attracted to you because of this, but it will mostly be NTs since it is those that are attracted to such issues.

If you look at many successful artists, writers and such on the spectrum, you will notice many will stay lonely and their love affairs will often be highly catastrophic because they attract the wrong people.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

A lot of people in relationships are lonely - probably lonelier than many single people

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Aug 2020, 2:39 am

rdos wrote:

That relates to my post in this thread. A major problem us Aspies have with getting romantic relationships is not exactly due to us having a neurological "disorder" persay but instead due to us lacking status markers. Lacking status markers can be majorly related to us having Aspergers but there are some Aspies who have high status markers & those Aspies will tend to struggle less with getting romantic relationships. It's also common for some non autistics to lack status markers like disabled people in general who struggle to get romantic relationships.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 2:55 am

alex wrote:
A lot of people in relationships are lonely - probably lonelier than many single people

I agree and can relate to it as well, but it's not how it should be. There is no sense in being in a relationship if you feel lonely in it. However, a lot of Aspies here have not advanced past getting into a relationship at all and so think any relationship will cure their loneliness. It probably won't unless they find the right partner, and so getting into anything that is possible might not be such a good idea. Especially not if they use lots of dating advice to get there.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 3:07 am

nick007 wrote:
That relates to my post in this thread. A major problem us Aspies have with getting romantic relationships is not exactly due to us having a neurological "disorder" persay but instead due to us lacking status markers. Lacking status markers can be majorly related to us having Aspergers but there are some Aspies who have high status markers & those Aspies will tend to struggle less with getting romantic relationships. It's also common for some non autistics to lack status markers like disabled people in general who struggle to get romantic relationships.

I don't think having high-status markers necessarily is a good thing at all. It's a bit like being a highly attractive ND woman. You will be swamped with attention, but the quality of those interested will be quite low and there is no easy way to discriminate between them. You obviously cannot use standard dating as this was made for NTs and so cannot be used to sort out NDs with potential. Not only that but as I wrote in another post, very attractive women make me shy and awkward and I will not enter into a competition for a woman. So, generally speaking, partners with potential might not even bother while many low-quality suitors will swamp you with attention.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 3:19 am

What do you call low-quality suitors?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 3:23 am

rdos wrote:
I wrote in another post, very attractive women make me shy and awkward and I will not enter into a competition for a woman. So, generally speaking, partners with potential might not even bother while many low-quality suitors will swamp you with attention.

According to data from Tinder the bottom 80% of men (in terms of attractiveness) are competing for the bottom 22% of women and the top 78% of women are competing for the top 20% of men.
https://medium.com/@worstonlinedater/ti ... df370a6e9a

If you see a "really" physically attractive girl (not one on WP who claims to be physically attractive) then you have almost zero chance, but it gets worse, even with the bottom 22% of unnattractive women you only have a 1 in 5 chance! !

Last edited by cyberdad on 25 Aug 2020, 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 3:23 am

Raleigh wrote:
What do you call low-quality suitors?

Unsuitorble?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 3:25 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote: