how do girls signal interest?

Page 6 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 12:40 pm

Sometime World wrote:
If you misread signals and politely ask out that female colleague, classmate, whatever.. and she say's "no", your magically the "creepy stalker" or sexual harasser who's acting out of line and they now wish you would find another job or just p**s off. Been that guy and its not nice for women not to appreciate you were interested in them. Like anything you say to a woman, it spreads like wild fire amongst the sisterhood and gets the attention of "Alpha males" or orbiting blimp whiteknights the next day, and your the sitting duck for humiliation. :roll:

"Move on, find people that aren't dicks to you" I've been told. I've been moving on for decades now.

Yet another reason to not do "cold" approaches, dating or asking out. :mrgreen:
Which of course doesn't mean you give up on relationships. It only means you leave the NT path and use some better method.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 4:55 pm

Quote:
Like anything you say to a woman, it spreads like wild fire amongst the sisterhood

This is something I've seen happen unfortunately. It's so hard to judge it right.

I've not been asked out in a long long time, but I've grown to realise how much men put themselves on the line to do it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 5:17 pm

Everybody has their own style in this regard, so searching for "traditional" signals can be difficult and unreliable.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 5:25 pm

In my former workplace, guys were used to jokingly label our female colleague cliques as "Fiber-Optic Networks".

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 6:04 am

As a girl, I'd have to say that I signal interest by just talking to the person, wanting to talk more to the person, trying to talk more to the person, and by smiling genuinely, being happy to be around the person. And if someone did that stuff around me because of me I'd be very flattered. And maybe even interested in a romantic relationship.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 12:29 am

Well, this one time a girl I worked with stuffed her (worn) panties in my pocket. I figured that was a subtle indication of interest. :lol:

Darkrose50
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2017, 1:00 pm

bobchaos wrote:
Hair play I've heard before but it never seemed to be a decent indicator for me. I suspect it's also an anxiety relief thing, like an NT version of stiming. Or to be accurate, I feel like it's not the only thing to look for. Maybe hair play + eye contact + smile or something such.

My wife is very friendly and says hi to everyone. Sometimes men think this means that she is into them.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2017, 6:00 pm

What does NT mean?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 6:33 pm

Nay wrote:
What does NT mean?

Neurotypical. Y'know, "everyone else." ;-)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 11:36 pm

Darkrose50 wrote:
bobchaos wrote:
Hair play I've heard before but it never seemed to be a decent indicator for me. I suspect it's also an anxiety relief thing, like an NT version of stiming. Or to be accurate, I feel like it's not the only thing to look for. Maybe hair play + eye contact + smile or something such.

My wife is very friendly and says hi to everyone. Sometimes men think this means that she is into them.

Because society and professionals say that's a sign of flirting. But literally every sign of flirting can be explained as just being friendly
Perhaps most or a lot of women just aren't friendly which is why it's said those are signs of flirting. Most women treat me cruelly or just flat out ignore me so when a woman's nice to me I sometimes thought she liked me. It's confusing to me

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

10 Sep 2017, 9:09 am

It's easy to tell if a woman dislikes you.

It's harder to tell if a woman likes or you or she's just being nice.

I guess the only way to truly find out is to ask her out.

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

10 Sep 2017, 9:16 am

sly279 wrote:
Men don't have single female friends.

sup homie

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 9:50 am

ShadowProphet wrote:
sly279 wrote:

sup homie

Hold my beer...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 6:37 pm

sly279 wrote:

Plenty of men have single female friends. :roll:

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 7:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
sly279 wrote:

At my sister's wedding, my BILs best "man" was a woman. While both are now married, both were once single and friends.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 2:03 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
sly279 wrote:

At my sister's wedding, my BILs best "man" was a woman. While both are now married, both were once single and friends.

Should said most, my bad. There's few who might but in general men don't have female friends, most men have male friends, and most women have female friends.