Page 6 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 12:11 am

cyberdad wrote:

The Asian women I dated always made me happy. In stark contrast the white girls I dated were so materialistic and superficial. Most valued their friends more than they valued me. It was disappointing.

What else could it be but cultural differences? 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 1:55 am

StayFrosty wrote:
Whale_Tuune wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
magz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i can't help but believe that we are supposed to transcend our tribalism.

I feel the same.

But wouldn’t be cool if we still have several species of humans?

We did, at one time, and interbred with Neanderthals and Denisovans.

I wonder if prehistoric homo sapiens sapiens ever discussed attraction and preferences toward their fellow subspecies....
Back in the cavemen days, going clubbing to pick up chicks had a whole different meaning.

Hah!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 1:56 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The Asian women I dated always made me happy. In stark contrast the white girls I dated were so materialistic and superficial. Most valued their friends more than they valued me. It was disappointing.

True, its cultural, but my point is I never had yellow fever and still find all races attractive.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 2:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
Whale_Tuune wrote:
Likewise, Asian women talk about how white men sometimes fetishize them and say "they're so feminine and submissive" (yuck).

To be fair, men who exclusively date Asian women are often incapable of articulating their reasons for their attraction so it mistakenly comes across as a fetish.

I agree having an exclusive preference limits your horizons in meeting a soul mate who might be a potential life-partner. But we are conditioned by the people around us. If you are a white male and go to an all white-school and watch TV which has "hot" white girls then inevitably you are primarily attracted to white girls. This isn't a fetish. But these same guys bragging to their friends how ugly other races are is crap, just because they live in a bubble and don't realise it.

For me I lived in Asia for 3 years surrounding myself with a community and came to first appreciate the culture and values in Asia and then eventually appreciated the the diverse beauty of Asian women. The connection was both physical, cultural and spiritual.

Returning to Australia I realise that when comparing to Australian girls why so many men choose an Asian wife. I can only give my own interpretation and I think its on the same line as many other men. It's not because they are more feminine or submissive (that's wrong). At a spiritual level they are much more in tune and (I have heard many white men say this in Asia) they seem to know how to make us men connect with their happiness/joy. This is quite seperate from materialism (a common thing attributed to Asian women by jealous women who claim they are gold-diggers). They sacrifice their personal space/time to be with me. It's a very unselfish act.

An Asian woman I dated told me they wish that white men can be more romantic like East Asian men; I asked others later about it and they confirmed.
So it seems East Asian men often have this connection attribute too.

Yes they are often feminine, but not submissive - in fact, they can very assertive at times. And it’s not about the looks really; that’s just the typical (and it’s getting old) White women’s assumptions on Asian women. I think they mistake politeness with submissiveness.

Why I went for East Asians? Because they showed interest; white women (including caucasians) very rarely did. It is as simple as that, there’s no yellow fever.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 2:57 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

According to what I remember: Whites have more Neanderthal genes; Asians have more Denisovan genes. :p
Black Africans are pure Homo Sapiens.

Maybe that causes some behavioral changes. Are US-born American Asians any different?
But even they’re so, you can’t rule out culture, culture drags from generation to generation even among a population that moved long ago.

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 9:02 am

The vast majority of humans have some Neanderthal ancestry, but yes I believe Europeans tend to have more because Neanderthals died out in Europe.

Very few pure homo sapiens exist outside of some Sub-Saharan Africans.

I'm unsure about Denisovans. But yes, most of us are hybrids of some sort. 23andMe apparently tells you how Neanderthals you are. Kinda curious to try that, but they apparently sell your info to insurance companies, so...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 12:34 pm

Whale_Tuune wrote:
The vast majority of humans have some Neanderthal ancestry, but yes I believe Europeans tend to have more because Neanderthals died out in Europe.

Very few pure homo sapiens exist outside of some Sub-Saharan Africans.

I'm unsure about Denisovans. But yes, most of us are hybrids of some sort. 23andMe apparently tells you how Neanderthals you are. Kinda curious to try that, but they apparently sell your info to insurance companies, so...

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... nderthals/

Quote:
But Neanderthals weren't the only human relative with which H. sapiens interbred after they trekked out of Africa some 64,000 years ago. Most people of Asian descent carry some amount of Denisovan DNA, but it's particularly high in Melanesians, whose genomes are up to six percent Denisovan. It's thought that the ancestors of modern Melanesians met and mated with these ancients en route to their island home.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 12:42 pm

I am so curious about two things in my genetic ancestry, Neanderthal genes, and Jewishness.

I come from the ancient city of Tyr, Persian, Macedonian, Greek and Jewish are all highly possible ancestries.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 7:39 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
An Asian woman I dated told me they wish that white men can be more romantic like East Asian men; I asked others later about it and they confirmed.
So it seems East Asian men often have this connection attribute too.

Yes they are often feminine, but not submissive - in fact, they can very assertive at times. And it’s not about the looks really; that’s just the typical (and it’s getting old) White women’s assumptions on Asian women. I think they mistake politeness with submissiveness.

Why I went for East Asians? Because they showed interest; white women (including caucasians) very rarely did. It is as simple as that, there’s no yellow fever.

Agree with what you wrote here. The yellow fever fetish thing is a racist trope made up by white women and racist white men.

I don't think skin colour was ever an issue since east Asians are often whiter than me. I have dated east asian women in Malaysia who openly told me that the thing they admire the most was my roman nose and features. They want/like the western look.

The common denominator is a sense of connectedness. I loved how they made me feel like the focus of their attention, I never once got that from an Australian girl.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 8:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
magz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I feel the same.

Naaaah...because then, there would be even MORE prejudice.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 8:46 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
magz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I feel the same.

Naaaah...because then, there would be even MORE prejudice.

The Star Trek Federation is made up of many alien races, and yet they still get along very well. 8)
You may not know where to put your "ding-a-ling", at first, but it is sorted out in a very civilised way. :mrgreen: