i sent him a message on facebook

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

oomparadar
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jun 2009, 1:18 pm

hello everyone

There is a guy i ve been liking very much for 3 years or something.You won't believe it but i'd only seen him and had a chance to chat with him no more 10 times.:) i always thought he is into me too.i feel his look on me.i believe that there is something special between us.:)(and to be honest i guess he is an asperger,and he never had a girl friend like i ve never had a boyfriend)

anyway,there is also another guy in my school and we are very flirty with each other.it seems that something may happen between us if i want.

yesterday i decided to choose one of them:P and i sent a messeage to the first guy on facebook.( i know it sounds very immature but i hadnt have another choice.)briefly i told him that i like him and expect nothing from him.you know i also sent this message to relieve myself because i am an ocd patient and this is not easy for me.

i dont know why i am writing this.

do you think it was a bad and childish move to send him a message like that?maybe he thinks that i am a jerk.he hasnt got back to me.i am still waiting and this is hard.

i still dont know why i am sooo interested in a guy i dont see so much.and i also dont know why i dont want the second guy even though i flirt back all the time.:S

i hope you get what i am trying to say because my english isnt good.:)but any kind of help would be awesome

hyder13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2009, 2:14 pm

honestly if some girl that I kinda knew sent me a message like that on fb I would be flattered. Talk about an unusuallt plesant surprise, I dont think it was immiature. by the way was your native tongue?

willa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 2:38 pm

I know exactly where you're coming from =P.
I think it's perfectly ok to have sent it via facebook. Really, what's the difference between that and sending a letter?
Anyways, maybe he hasnt read it yet, or even if he has it's not bad that he hasnt responded. I think he'd be more inclined to respond quickly if he found it in bad taste. Hopefully he's just thinking it through, what he wants to say and what he thinks.

BigBoss45
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2009, 3:11 pm

What interests me about your post is that the guy in particular is also an aspie. Directness and honesty is probably your best bet. I agree with the above poster, I too would be flattered to receive that kind of message from a girl that I knew.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 3:42 pm

Your current feeling is just a delusion, but it might become true if you meet him for real.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 3:47 pm

I don't think it was childish or bad. I'm sure it would flatter him, I would be flattered if a girl did that to me.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

willa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 7:20 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Your current feeling is just a delusion, but it might become true if you meet him for real.

Why is it delusional?

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 8:37 pm

I think it depends on what you told him exactly. I become uneasy when a girl says, "I'm in love with you" But, I can handle it more easily with the words, "I have feelings for you"

I think he must be lucky, after all, if he said the same to you, what would you say? "WHY do you love me?" Like it's a game show or something that's on a timed response. Being put on the spot

TonyFremont
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jun 2009, 11:48 pm

Keith wrote:
"WHY do you love me?"

Serotonin and dopamine.

oomparadar
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jun 2009, 6:55 am

he replied ,he doesnt like me.
end of the story
:)

UnrelentingHorror
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jun 2009, 6:57 am

TonyFremont wrote:
Keith wrote:
"WHY do you love me?"

Serotonin and dopamine.

Ha! :lol:
Yeah Oxytocine too! XD
(thats how you spell it right? the love chemical in your brain)

But seriously you are fine, just keep in mind your feelings for Mr.Facebook may be idealised due to the lack of contact.

Just go on a date with him and with the other guy too! Remember the first few dates are about seeing if you actually like someone, no reason to choose before you have all the facts right?

oomparadar
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jun 2009, 7:41 am

hyder13 wrote:
honestly if some girl that I kinda knew sent me a message like that on fb I would be flattered. Talk about an unusuallt plesant surprise, I dont think it was immiature. by the way was your native tongue?

turkish

willa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 7:47 am

oomparadar wrote:
end of the story

:(
Doh! was so hoping to hear a happy ending to this!

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 7:54 am

TonyFremont wrote:
Keith wrote:
"WHY do you love me?"

Serotonin and dopamine.

Actually that doesn't explain the stimulus->response very well as to why. It is more how. Arguably oxytocin is a major one for 'love' type feelings. Those are involved as are other repossess in the central, peripheral and 'sympathetic' nervous systems. A cognitive catalyst is needed to trigger the cycle in the first place.

oomparadar
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jun 2009, 7:58 am

willa wrote:
oomparadar wrote:
end of the story

yes, me too.:)but the most horrifying part is his reply was so sweet that i started to like him much more.sometimes i really frighten myself.:)
i cant believe i thought that he also like me.do not trust your instincts everytime! :)

UnrelentingHorror
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jun 2009, 4:03 am

oomparadar wrote:
willa wrote:
oomparadar wrote:
end of the story

yes, me too.:)but the most horrifying part is his reply was so sweet that i started to like him much more.sometimes i really frighten myself.:)
i cant believe i thought that he also like me.do not trust your instincts everytime! :)

Well you still have mr.flirty and hey hes more tangible than mr.facebook in the first place! lol

Oomparadar, alot of the time deep feelings need time and a chance to grow. Maybe going on a date with the flirty guy will facilitate this, maybe it won't, but you both seem like you probably get along so why not test the waters and see if you enjoy yourself? :D