Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Should a guy ask a girl's permission to kiss her for the first time?
Yes, always 15%  15%  [ 7 ]
Yes, always 15%  15%  [ 7 ]
Yes, only if he doesn't know her well 25%  25%  [ 12 ]
Yes, only if he doesn't know her well 25%  25%  [ 12 ]
Never 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Never 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 48

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2006, 8:56 pm

There has been some talk here previously about whether or not a guy should ask a girl whether he can kiss her when he has never kissed her before. While there is merit to not asking, and being spontaneous, some believe that it is too creepy and that it is actually more romantic to ask someone whether they would like to be kissed. Any thoughts?

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2006, 9:20 pm

Ask if you don't know the person well is a definite yes, but beyond that it's iffy.

If you plan on giving someone the first kiss of your relationship, thought, whatever you do... don't eat garlic first.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2006, 9:31 pm

No, I don't think it's nessicary.

Some people are terrible kissers though.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2006, 9:50 pm

I've only ever had one person ask me for a kiss, the rest have just gone for the kill or I have cos I don't really ask for kisses either.... :wink:

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2006, 1:47 pm

Guys, don't ask for the kiss. Instead, if you feel the moment is right, just go for it. If the girl doesn't want to be kissed, she'll let you know. Asking makes you look like someone who's weak and needs permission for everything.

One website (maybe it was David DeAngelo) says: You need to give yourself permission; no one else will ever give it to you. I'm amazed how true it's been for me.

neptunevsmars
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 9:50 am

I have to be honest and say that I have never initiated a first kiss. I've just been fortunate enough to meet some forward women in my time :D .

You got to ask for it

jonnyeol
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Mar 2006, 1:21 pm

On the rare occasions it's worked out for me, it's just kind of happened. Not remembering how I did it is something that annoys me a little - I can't learn anything from my successes. Getting close enough to have a serious attempt is the real issue for me.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2006, 12:04 am

Tell me what you folks think of this scenario.

How about if I'm with a girl that I'm friends with, and I ask "Sometime I'd like to kiss you, would that be okay?" and see what happens?

I wouldn't ask that until I've held their hand at least once.

Last edited by ELLCIM on 11 Mar 2006, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2006, 5:18 am

Is kissing a good way to work up to cannibalism, or is it better to just bite a chunk out of someone's face and hope for the best?

baby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2006, 6:22 pm

i dunno, i like to be surprised, but as long as its a nice surprise, i don't want some guy who thinks the washing machine technique is a great kiss coming up and giving my tonsils a good wash for me but a nice gentle kiss means that you can either leave it at that or respond if you want to

but then i do like being kissed

baby