Sometimes I think I'd give anything for a girlfriend...

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2010, 10:40 pm

...but to be honest most nights I find myself here alone... and tonight I asked myself "would I actually want a girlfriend to be here right here and now"... and I think no... I like being alone to an extent. In fact I like being alone most of the time... I doubt I could even handle a relationship if I somehow managed to get one. I'm coming to the realization that translating psychological and emotional fantasies of love and companionship which I've never even actually experienced for real into real life situations, which usually consist of me sitting in my living room every night getting drunk/high and watching TV... it'll never happen.

I hate being alone but I enjoy it in a lot of ways. To be honest, I would probably be fine being who I am for the rest of my life if it wasn't for the constant and incessant social pressure to "find a girlfriend" and "get laid"... sometimes I am considering just dropping everything I know and have and becoming a transient exploring and enjoying the anonymity of some guy who would never be identified if he died of "unknown causes" under a bridge one night.

...why do i click preview

NJCars05
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2010, 1:27 am

Sounds just like me. I've never really had a real girlfriend -- nothing ever official, but I've kissed girls a few times. I keep coming home to my dark, quiet, and empty apartment every night, alone. At school, it's like every single girl already has a boyfriend... I don't even try anymore. Especially considering I'm pretty overweight.

Take solace in the fact that when you're alone, nobody can hold you back from doing what you want to do. That's the way I see it at least. Nobody there to say "I don't wanna do *whatever*" or "do *this* for me". I think everything will fall into place eventually, however... things always do, don't they?

ChevyFan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Feb 2010, 3:34 am

Sometimes, I think I'd give anything not to see a bunch of whiners here come here and whine about not being able to get a girlfriend. Get over it! Women do not like spineless men.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 4:26 am

Women don't like jerks either... :roll:

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 1:02 pm

I used to think that I'd do anything for a girlfriend, until yesterday. I'm not going to put myself in that boat any longer. When it happens, it'll happen. I've probably turned off countless numbers of girls by acting nuts because of trying to win them over. I think sometimes I act excessively desperate. Now I'm not going to care anymore.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 1:59 pm

Kenjuudo wrote:

Yeah they do. :roll:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 8:34 pm

^^
And some do not.

:lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 8:37 pm

I've never had a girlfriend
and doubt if I'll ever find one.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 8:50 pm

I agree with you; I want a girlfriend sometimes just so I can experience it and see what it's like. I want to see what it would be like to be with a girl and have one who actually shows me affection but at the same time, I feel that there's too much baggage with girls and that sometimes it's best to keep things the way they are. I feel that relationships aren't worth it. Yes I want to see what it's like to get kissed but hey we can't have everything right?

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2010, 9:25 pm

What's interesting is a lot of girls on the forum are going through the exact same thing. I think we need AS/ASD meet-up groups or something. Relationships would naturally develop.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 11:05 am

Venger wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:

:roll:

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 11:09 am

valkyrieraven88 wrote:
What's interesting is a lot of girls on the forum are going through the exact same thing. I think we need AS/ASD meet-up groups or something. Relationships would naturally develop.

That is such an excellent idea.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 2:54 pm

valkyrieraven88 wrote:

We need to make some for high functioning aspies.

I think a lot of high functioning aspies are repelled from going to these because most of them cater for people that are low functioning and downs syndrome etc.

Makes you feel even more alienated.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 2:57 pm

Venger wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:

In that case, please elaborate on your definition of "jerk"! I do not think you could stereotype women liking men who conform to the actual meaning... :roll:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 4:36 pm

Kenjuudo wrote:
Venger wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:

In that case, please elaborate on your definition of "jerk"! I do not think you could stereotype women liking men who conform to the actual meaning... :roll:

I know that being a "womanizer" is considered to be a major trait of ASPD(sociopath).

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 4:51 pm

Apart from the overpriced sex, girlfriends are not that much fun.