Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2010, 12:45 pm

It's still shocking me that I've somehow obtained a boyfriend and really enjoy myself still. I have the dating record of a rock and I some how got a boyfriend. Next, pigs will fly and gravity will cease to exist! I worked at this restaurant/take out joint and this guy kept wanting me for a waitress/cashier for like six months and we ended up on dates and now I'm living with him and holy hell I got a boyfriend! The other day he mused about how beautiful I was and that he loved me, and I finally managed to strangle out some lovestruck poem I'd been terrified to show him in the fear of rejection. He said he loved the poem and was so happy to be my boyfriend. HOLY COW! A BOYFRIEND! 8O

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:47 pm

Well done and good luck! :)

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 1:00 pm

Congratulations :D now you got yourself someone for valentines day, you could be nice and surprise your new boyfriend to surprise him with something....

So how are you going to spend it?

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2010, 1:09 pm

superboyian wrote:
Congratulations :D now you got yourself someone for valentines day, you could be nice and surprise your new boyfriend to surprise him with something....

So how are you going to spend it?

I haven't the slightest clue. my last and only other boyfriend was entirely different from this guy and lasted only a year. Though Jack is obbessed with Slash from guitar hero, He wants to go as Slash to a valentines day dance off. I'm extremely tempted to go as a character from Dissidia that I happen to have the same build and hair length as. Considering we're a bit on the goth side, this could my best valentines day ever. I'll hanging out with a Slash clone that loves me for the gamer I am.

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 2:09 pm

The real reason many aspies have a hard time is they don't try to understand what the problem is and many don't put enough effort into it, it's mostly a lack of effort and self understanding that usually only comes with age as aspies mature and get older.

Many just give up too easily because of bad experiences and it's easier to do nothing and complain about it then take a hard look at oneself.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2010, 3:13 pm

ZakFiend wrote:
The real reason many aspies have a hard time is they don't try to understand what the problem is and many don't put enough effort into it, it's mostly a lack of effort and self understanding that usually only comes with age as aspies mature and get older.

Many just give up too easily because of bad experiences and it's easier to do nothing and complain about it then take a hard look at oneself.

If you're trying to say that I am too lazy to attempt dating and self-improvement due to fear, you can go f**k yourself because I try my best to be myself in a healthy manner most of the time. I did date instead of declining people after all.

However, if I interpreted that wrong and you are simply making an observation of grand scale, I sincerely apologize for wanting to sock you one in the teeth. It's hard to tell on the internet if people are as*holes or not.

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 6:49 pm

SplinterStar wrote:
ZakFiend wrote:

If you're trying to say that I am too lazy to attempt dating and self-improvement due to fear, you can go f**k yourself because I try my best to be myself in a healthy manner most of the time. I did date instead of declining people after all.

However, if I interpreted that wrong and you are simply making an observation of grand scale, I sincerely apologize for wanting to sock you one in the teeth. It's hard to tell on the internet if people are as*holes or not.

This is a general observation of GUYS you are a girl so it wouldn't apply to you, I know many AS guys personally and have helped them, I go to conferences and speak with AS parents regularly. No offense was intended.

When you said it was a "miracle" you had a boyfriend, it could have reflected a couple of things:

1) You have a low self esteem (common among people with AS)
2) Low self esteem coupled with other factors can lead to one giving up early under stress or bad experiences.

MJackson
Raven
Raven

02 Feb 2010, 8:19 pm

Congratulations that you have a boyfriends. It doesn't surprise me, you're a girl. No matter how long you didn't have a bf, the situation you're in wouldn't have ever happened to an aspie guy. If an aspie guy was a waiter, no girl/woman would keep wanting him, and then become his gf and let him move in with her. That's just not gonna happen. So congrats, but I'm not too surprised or enthused.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 8:26 pm

MJackson wrote:
Congratulations that you have a boyfriends. It doesn't surprise me, you're a girl. No matter how long you didn't have a bf, the situation you're in wouldn't have ever happened to an aspie guy. If an aspie guy was a waiter, no girl/woman would keep wanting him, and then become his gf and let him move in with her. That's just not gonna happen. So congrats, but I'm not too surprised or enthused.

Sorry, MJ, but what you say wouldn't ever happen, has happened. An ex- of mine came into the store where I worked on a number of occasions; she gave me her number, she asked me to call. We were engaged for a couple years, even. I'm sorry you're so negative, but please don't project your frustration onto the realities of others.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 4:11 am

Congratulations :) .

I got my first girlfriend like a month ago and made a post very similar this, except it was far more excited-sounding and had pics, & which ran on like 20 pages before it finally got locked up by the mods recently for only god knows what reason. :lol:

So i totally know the feeling =D :!:

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 4:25 am

ZakFiend wrote:

as an observation on a grand scale, i tend to agree with that a little.

though i make a point to take a hard look at myself every day & have concluded there are few illusions i still harbor these days & i believe i understand myself quite well now. wellll, better anyways, i don't think it's possible for one to completely understand oneself. The human mind & the myriad millions of random variables & constant state of flux that constitutes the human brain has no provision for such understanding, conscious, subconscious, or otherwise. We can't even really utilize more than 10% at a time of it's processing capability. To understand others is easier in the smallest sense once you have a little understanding of yourself, but still nonetheless never easy & often alot of guesswork. To understand oneself completely i theorize would probably be the equivalent of trying to make your computer run through every program simultaneously, something it has not the processing power to accomplish in one such fell swoop, & it would simply crash.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 1:18 pm

Seanmw wrote:
Congratulations :) .

I got my first girlfriend like a month ago and made a post very similar this, except it was far more excited-sounding and had pics, & which ran on like 20 pages before it finally got locked up by the mods recently for only god knows what reason. :lol:

So i totally know the feeling =D :!:

That is beyond hilarious!! !! :lol:

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2010, 9:29 pm

Congratulations Smile .

I got my first girlfriend like a month ago and made a post very similar this, except it was far more excited-sounding and had pics, & which ran on like 20 pages before it finally got locked up by the mods recently for only god knows what reason. Laughing

So i totally know the feeling =D

I was thinking of doing like 200 posts about how happy I am but words and superior intelligence are nothing in the dumbstruck haze that is new love. I'm mostly stringing out his affections with every drop of energy I have because it's been so long since someone who isn't a pig has taken interest in me. I'm so happy if the sun exploded I wouldn't care due to emotional bliss. I'd die completely happy without my erratic intelligence nagging me and keeping me up for days on end.

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2010, 12:20 pm

Congrats :)

One note though, and that is I am a little, uh, weird-ed by your choice of words. You "obtained a boyfriend".... I mean I have NEVER seen/treated woman as objects and that pretty much states he is an object of some sort. Could just be me though.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2010, 1:02 pm

VincentVanJones wrote:
Congrats :)

One note though, and that is I am a little, uh, weird-ed by your choice of words. You "obtained a boyfriend".... I mean I have NEVER seen/treated woman as objects and that pretty much states he is an object of some sort. Could just be me though.

Oh. I used a word out of context, my mistake. I forget how cold I can sound on a computer. I found a boyfriend.

Descartes30
Toucan
Toucan

10 Feb 2010, 1:31 pm

SplinterStar wrote:

Oh. I used a word out of context, my mistake. I forget how cold I can sound on a computer. I found a boyfriend.

That's okay SplinterStar, I tend to use very formal language as well, it can be a common character trait for some Aspies. No need to worry about it :) And I am really happy for you, it's nice to see someone get on here and just glow in the success of obtaining some romance in their life. Good luck with the relationship and with Valentines, and the Slash and Goth Girl look will be awesome. I enjoy both Guns and Roses from the 80s-90s (and Guitar Hero), and Dissidia, so that is like the perfect set up in my opinion. Have fun. 8)