Yet another love question :)

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2010, 12:38 pm

Hey guys and erm... hmm ah yes girls

Im at a loss here

Yesterday i was just looking at old posts (yes very sad i know) and came across this old thread which contained somthing that has swayed my views on love i guess becuause aparrantly the words "i love you" are merely a cover up for "I want to sleep with you" I mean it's sad really are there any other ways to show feeling for someone without sleeping with them??? Okay okay i have never slept with anyone so i will admit my views on sex are biased but still i want love to be more than just sex :(

I mean is that all there is to love? Is this what i have to look foward to? :?

My favorite letter is the squiggly! ~ :D

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 1:28 pm

There is more to love than sex. Next question!

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2010, 1:31 pm

Hmm i dont know really still im young and i'll take your word for it :wink:

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:55 pm

There is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more to love than sex. Love does not always equal sex and sex does not equal love.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 4:32 pm

Mouldy wrote:
Hey guys and erm... hmm ah yes girls

Im at a loss here

Yesterday i was just looking at old posts (yes very sad i know) and came across this old thread which contained somthing that has swayed my views on love i guess becuause aparrantly the words "i love you" are merely a cover up for "I want to sleep with you" I mean it's sad really are there any other ways to show feeling for someone without sleeping with them??? Okay okay i have never slept with anyone so i will admit my views on sex are biased but still i want love to be more than just sex :(

There is no such thing as love. Only need.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 4:45 pm

Ricky, the love atheist. I'm sorry you've never experienced love, or if you have, that you deny what it is. That's some heavy aversion. I'd advise you to stop spending all your money on hookers and see a counselor instead, but I get the feeling you wouldn't like that.

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2010, 4:56 pm

So much more :)

To be honest i could go my whole lif without sex as long as i atleast kiss a girl and have her company i'll be happy and i have a GF any ways im just saying this becuse im not sure if the only way to truly know love is to do the typical thing that shows love i guess but if there is more to it then maybe i wont feel so down after all :P

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 5:10 pm

Moog wrote:
Ricky, the love atheist. I'm sorry you've never experienced it, or if you have, that you deny what it is. That's some heavy aversion. I'd advise you to stop spending all your money on hookers and see a professional counselor instead, but I don't think you'd like that.

"The Love Atheist"

I like that. :twisted:

Not really sure what love even is, it always struck me as doing a bunch of crap for someone else for little in return.

Maybe it is just a religion that society expects people to believe in and people use to control others.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:28 pm

Mouldy wrote:

You really have nothing to worry about. Sometimes men will lie "I love you" to women they don't love just to get sex. From your previous posts, it seems very unlikely you will grow into being one of those men.

I predict that you will eventually lose your virginity to somebody you are very in love with. And when you say, "I love you" to her, it won't be a lie.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:44 pm

With love there's a whole world that I didn't even know existed. It changes everything. It's an unstoppable force. And sex, being a physical action, can't possibly express the full scope of love. Sex can be totally separate from love, too. It just so happens that sometimes people have sex with someone they love - and that can be really, really beautiful.

But seriously, let's think in terms of cupcakes for a second...
Love is like a cupcake and sex is like the sweet sprinkles on top. The cupcake is lovely on its own, but with sprinkles it's just delightful.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 2:08 am

happymusic wrote:
With love there's a whole world that I didn't even know existed. It changes everything. It's an unstoppable force. And sex, being a physical action, can't possibly express the full scope of love. Sex can be totally separate from love, too. It just so happens that sometimes people have sex with someone they love - and that can be really, really beautiful.

But seriously, let's think in terms of cupcakes for a second...
Love is like a cupcake and sex is like the sweet sprinkles on top. The cupcake is lovely on its own, but with sprinkles it's just delightful.
more like the frosting than sprinkles.

& people who only want sex with no strings attached are like people who only like to lick the frosting off the top of the cupcake then throw the rest away :P .

apart from that one small point though, i wholeheartedly agree :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jun 2010, 2:42 am

There is much much more to love than sex. That's why some asexuals do want relationships & why they are asexual dating sites. The problem however is society's opinion/perception/attitude that love & sex are the same thing. They are NOT but some people believe that they are the same maybe because of the media. Love does NOT have to invulve sex & sex does NOT have to involve love; they are both very different things that can sometimes be related/linked together but some(or lots) of people think they are the same. I wish more people knew the difference. If you wer ever in a long distance relationship &loved your partner & felt that person truly loved you; you'd understand the difference

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 5:41 am

A real man is to be a woman’s best friend.
He will never stand her up and never let her down.
He will reassure her when she feels insecure and comfort her after a bad day.
He will inspire her to do all of the wonderful things that she never thought she could do;
to live with and learn from all of these wonderful experiences without fear and forget regret.
He will enable her to express her deepest emotions and give in to the most intimate of her desires.
He will make sure she always feels as though she is indeed the most beautiful woman in all of the world.
He'll also enable and provide everything for her to be the most confident, sexy, seductive, and invincible.

No wait… sorry… I’m thinking of beer.

Never mind!

:lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jun 2010, 6:29 am

DaWalker wrote:
A real man is to be a woman’s best friend.
He will never stand her up and never let her down.
He will reassure her when she feels insecure and comfort her after a bad day.
He will inspire her to do all of the wonderful things that she never thought she could do;
to live with and learn from all of these wonderful experiences without fear and forget regret.
He will enable her to express her deepest emotions and give in to the most intimate of her desires.
He will make sure she always feels as though she is indeed the most beautiful woman in all of the world.
He'll also enable and provide everything for her to be the most confident, sexy, seductive, and invincible.

No wait… sorry… I’m thinking of beer.

Never mind!

:lol:

I agree with you DaWalker but not on the beer part :lol: Nowadays thou it seems that to be a man you must be able to take advantage of everyone to get ahead. Your a man if you have money & power. I think society's perception of things like that & sex mite be better in more traditional/conservative parts of the world.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DerKodeMeister
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jun 2010, 8:59 pm

Sex is basically the ultimate purpose of love, which I describe as emotions that bind you to your partner in order to see that an offspring is born and raised. Sex carries the purpose of having offspring and ultimately furthering the genetic quality of the human gene pool.

So that's it, really simplified. In a strictly biological sense sex depends on love and love can depend on sex.

If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.
-E.O. Wilson

DerKodeMeister
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jun 2010, 9:10 pm

nick007 wrote:
There is much much more to love than sex. That's why some asexuals do want relationships & why they are asexual dating sites. The problem however is society's opinion/perception/attitude that love & sex are the same thing. They are NOT but some people believe that they are the same maybe because of the media. Love does NOT have to invulve sex & sex does NOT have to involve love; they are both very different things that can sometimes be related/linked together but some(or lots) of people think they are the same. I wish more people knew the difference. If you wer ever in a long distance relationship &loved your partner & felt that person truly loved you; you'd understand the difference

I had a long term relationship, and while I can look outside and see what you mean, the ultimate reason for my longing for my mate despite the distance was those chemicals in my brain attatching me to her so that we could still fulfill the ultimate biological purpose of mating and producing an offspring.

If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.
-E.O. Wilson