Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bt1978
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2006, 12:58 am

Hi,

I'm new here, but I just read the "Your own turn-offs" thread, and couldn't help be saddened by it. I mean, it's far too easy to point at all your own negatives (and become a bit depressed as a result), but it's a lot harder to say what's positive about yourself.

So, how about we all come up with a list of "your own turn-ons" -- the things that are GOOD and attractive about yourself?

The thing is that it might feel like you are "boasting". But that's got to be better than letting yourself see the negatives and ignoring all the positives.

So I'll start the ball rolling, and come up with a few things I actually like about myself:

Intelligent
Witty
Considerate
Good conversationalist
Pride in personal grooming and appearance
Polite and well-mannered
Reasonably good-looking
A pretty good cook (for a 28-year old-bachelor who lives by himself, anyway) :)

I look forward to everyone's replies. ;)

Hel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2006, 6:48 am

Actually this is really tough but I will try;

Good at music
Wicked sense of humour (or so I'm told)
Witty
Intelligent
Determined
"Good listener" (in quote marks because people think this of me, I'm not sure if it's true or that I just appear to be)
Attentive to detail (Anally so)

Sorry I couldn't be more positive, I guess optimism isn't one of my strong points! :lol:

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2006, 7:19 am

hmmm i think :

-intelligent
-very gentle(despite that this might be a turn-off to some girls)
-extremly honest
- doesn't know how to lie
- flirty (despite my exteme shyness - shy flirts)
-respectful to women (despite that I lose my temper sometimes ...but not only with women)
-sense of humor

ma_137
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2006, 4:48 pm

Intelligent
Honestly funny sense of humor
Tall
Long hair (if you like that)
Medium build. Not too large, not too small
Big feet (take that how you want to take it)
Nice facial features
Cool beard
Computer skills
I can fix a car
Easy to get along with
Easy to talk to
honest to the point of it being painful
I never let my friends down
Generally a friend for life unless you wrong me or we lose contact
Rock solid personality. Never deviate
when tuned, my car whoops up on alot of supposed "sports cars"

Last edited by ma_137 on 25 Apr 2006, 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2006, 7:15 pm

Five things:

Honesty
Honesty
Honesty
Honesty
Honesty

And while girls claim they like honesty, they get really annoyed when people are honest with them.

It's also very hard to find an honest woman. Most women I know are compulsive liars that never mean anything they say. I can think of maybe one or two that are honest.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2006, 10:35 pm

Can't say I'm that hard up in the looks department.

I tend to resonate as both intelligent and good at heart but in a way that's also intriguing and kinda mysterious in some ways to a lot of people.

There are a lot of contexts in which I can shine and be a heck of a leader.

I'm definitely not overattentive nor am I clingy, in fact I'm almost too independent.
By the same token I'm usually able to play a bit of that attraction by disinterest thing a little.

I know how to dress myself (and if what I have doesn't always show it that's usually more a financial matter).

Parents usually love me.

My car's at least sporty looking, even if it's probably on its way to being a hoopdi in the next few years.

People do tell me that I have a lot of interesting things to say when I open up.

Especially when I drink I can be really fun.

I have this strange way of getting along with all kinds of other guys, that I think couldn't hurt in terms of her seeing that being with me wouldn't cause any friction from her brother(s) or guy friends.

I'm not jealous or paranoid (of course if you use that agains me then congratulations, he's yours, no second chances).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2006, 8:56 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I know how to dress myself

Lol, even the hard stuff like buttons, zippers, shoelaces, etc? That's definitely a plus. :wink:

(I knew what you meant, it just sounded funny when I first read it.)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2006, 10:52 am

Nah, the shoelaces are a little tricky - still gotta call my mom up for those :) .

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2006, 11:53 am

Here's my professional advice: try velcro or slip-ons - that would give you a little more independance. :wink:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2006, 12:14 pm

Yeah, but you know how hard it must be on her having her only son not living there anymore - if anything it's a great excuse for her to still feel like nothing's changed (even if I do just pretend not to know how to tie em, it's the thought that counts :P).

...oh, and for the literal-minded here, don't worry...this is pure BS and I'm making it up as I go :)

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2006, 2:07 pm

Believe me, I know what parents are like. "Empty nest" takes on a whole new meaning when a disabled (adult) child moves out. I have to deal with 5 sets of those parents at work - it's an ongoing battle to convince them that we're professionals, very capable of taking care of their son/daughter.

I guess I should get this thread back on track now...

My turn-ons, hmmm...

-my husband's coworkers (guys in a factory) are always talking about my figure

-not bad looking

-don't talk too much, no drama, not highly emotional

-I'm into cars and music genres that guys are usually into, no girly stuff

-intelligence, honesty, straight forwardness

That's all I can think of for now.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2006, 1:37 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
...oh, and for the literal-minded here, don't worry...this is pure BS and I'm making it up as I go :)

It was my literal-mindedness that started this conversation in the first place and now I'm worried that I might have killed the thread. :( I hope somebody posts something on-topic again soon...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2006, 1:45 pm

Hey, as long as you know it's tongue and cheek no worries.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2006, 2:41 pm

Yeah but we killed the thread... we seem to have a way of doing that. *Apologies to the person who started the thread*

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2006, 3:03 pm

A little late for that isn't it? Well, with your permission, as a mod, I could go ahead, backtrack, and delete all this if you want I'd suppose.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2006, 4:01 pm

I wouldn't bother deleting the original conversation - it's been around long enough that everyone's already seen it. It was funny and besides that if the thread is dead, it's dead. I'd say leave everything up to where I added my turn-on list and maybe delete the stuff after that if you want - basically everything that was posted today.