Ever been flirted with/hit on/asked out as a joke?

Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Firefox_577
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2010, 10:51 am

Twice actually, girl asked me out straight up, I could see her as nothing more than a friend though, The other one did not last long, I ended it because I could not make a connection.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 4:50 pm

I was not the main target of it, but periodically, yeah. Late middle school/freshman year in high school were the worst. I always said no anyway - it was a bit of a reflex - but after the first couple times, I assumed that any interest expressed, no matter how seemingly genuine, was really mocking.

Three years!

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 5:19 pm

huge racks are nice.

but aside from that. My ex, had that happen once to her. I guess she waited for hours and noone showed up.
she was hurt for years as a result. And went I had asked her out, she had to clairify that I was serious....[being I come off as a prick sometimes unitentionally]

they arent being serious from the sound of it. But just because you dont feel beautiful doesnt mean that you arent!
You eventually will be the most beautiful thing to that one guy out there who likes you for you.
he may even think you look cute the way you do. [but hey, like i started off, if you do have a huge rack, that always helps HAHAHA] jk!

ok, dont beat yourself up! Nt's can be juviline at times. just take it easy, and find that guy who likes you

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 10:19 pm

When I was 15, this girl kept hitting on me for the sole sake of making me look stupid. She alternated between flirting, making sexual comments about me, and telling me I was ugly and smelly and a loser. Even I could see through her. In my later high school years, when I had cleaned up my appearance and had girls who were genuinely attracted to me, I didn't mind the sexual comments or touching I got; I actually took them as complements; but when girls hit on me, asked me out, and such just to be manipulative, it just made me feel really depressed.

There was another incident that happened during my senior year in high school. I girl (her name was McKenzie) who appeared to be initially attracted to me started playing head games with me after I got asked out (as a joke) by another girl. McKenzie asked me if I wanted to get together with her and get high with her (this was my school's universal social activity, used for dating and also just for friendly get-togethers). This other guy who was a jock alpha male jerk asked me if I liked her and, stupidly, I said yes. He then went around and told everyone about it and made me look like an idiot for falling for her manipulation. I decided I didn't like her after that, though we eventually became friends; all it took was to establish that we could never be together romantically.

After some goofing off that took place between me and her at our junior and senior prom, people started spreading sexual rumors about us, which was kind of annoying as neither of us was romantically or sexually interested in the other. I guess people just found the thought of a ret*d like me being romantically involved with a hot girl like her amusing. I've only seen her once since high school, and I don't really want to see her again, because I know she probably doesn't think very highly of me and I just want to put all of it behind. High school is over, and I just want to move on and get away from my past stupidity.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 10:23 pm

While visiting a mall, I've had this very unattractive woman call me "cutie" while walking past me. :oops:

Soopervilin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2010, 6:23 am

I've had this happen to me three times. They were all completely unrelated events, yet they all happened within the same month. The first one was a rather unattractive (to me) goth girl who was really persistent, until I finally told her I wasn't interested and to leave me alone. She only frowned and said, "You just cost me 50 bucks" and stormed off toward what I assumed were her friends watching nearby.

The second was in a bookstore, and I almost fell for the trick. She came into the row I was perusing, and started up a conversation about the various books and authors in front of us. Eventually I heard snickering coming from the row she'd just left, told her I wasn't interested in some stupid games, and if it was a bet or dare, then to leave me alone. She apologized and went back to her friends.

I'm not entirely sure the third encounter was a joke. I was in the local Arby's, eating my lunch, when a rather attractive young woman sat down across the table from me. She said I looked like I wanted a friend (True then and now), and introduced herself (with the same name as another girl who'd recently broken my heart and treated me horribly.) I was highly suspicious and more than a bit skeptical, and told her that I really wasn't in the mood for games, so if she was planning some kind of trick I'd prefer to be left alone...though I wasn't nearly as tactful as I probably should have been. She got up, walked away and sat at a table at the other end of the otherwise empty restaurant and didn't look up from her food after that. I left a few minutes later.

Now that I'm recalling it, I'm sort of kicking myself because I think she may not have been playing a joke, but I can't know for certain.

Hello-Nurse7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2010, 4:55 pm

bewarethebob wrote:
huge racks are nice.

but aside from that. My ex, had that happen once to her. I guess she waited for hours and noone showed up.
she was hurt for years as a result. And went I had asked her out, she had to clairify that I was serious....[being I come off as a prick sometimes unitentionally]

they arent being serious from the sound of it. But just because you dont feel beautiful doesnt mean that you arent!
You eventually will be the most beautiful thing to that one guy out there who likes you for you.
he may even think you look cute the way you do. [but hey, like i started off, if you do have a huge rack, that always helps HAHAHA] jk!

ok, dont beat yourself up! Nt's can be juviline at times. just take it easy, and find that guy who likes you

Thanks. Maybe someday that guy will come, but I'm only 14; I can wait. Also, I don't have a huge rack, they were just being jerks and probably trying to get me going.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Jul 2010, 7:01 pm

Hello-Nurse7 wrote:
bewarethebob wrote:
huge racks are nice.

Thanks. Maybe someday that guy will come, but I'm only 14; I can wait. Also, I don't have a huge rack, they were just being jerks and probably trying to get me going.

Some guys can be extremely shallow jerks. Your much better off without guys like that. High-school can be extremely complicated & it's probably best not to worry about relationships then. Lots of guys then are simpley looking for sex & to fit in by having a girl-friend

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition